This is the user sandbox of Treemonster2013. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
|Industry||Machine Learning (Big Data Technologies)|
|Founded||San Jose, California (Feb 2012)|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California|
|Martin Hack, President & CEO and Co-founder; Alexander Gray, Ph.D., CTO and Co-founder|
Skytree, Inc. is a San Jose, California-based start up that develops machine-learning software for enterprise use. Skytree came out of stealth mode in February 2012 with the company’s flagship product – Skytree Server, a general purpose scalable machine learning system built for high accuracy, speed, and scale and designed to discover patterns and make predictions from complex, massive data.
The company was co-founded by Martin Hack and Alexander Gray.
In April 2013, the Wall Street Journal reported that Skytree raised $18 million in Series A funding. The round was led by U.S. Venture Partners. Scott McNealy, co-founder and former chief executive at Sun Microsystems, also participated in the round. Other investors include Javelin Venture Partners, UPS, and Osage University Partners.
Skytree’s Executive Team
- Martin Hack (President, CEO & Co-Founder)
- Alexander Gray, (CTO & Co-Founder)
- Leland Wilkinson (VP of Data Visualization)
- Tim Marsland (VP of Engineering)
- Paul Salazar (VP of Sales)
- Betty Liang (VP of Marketing).
Skytree’s Technical Advisory Board The company's Technical Advisory Board includes Michael Jordan, Ph.D. (UC Berkeley), David Patterson,Ph.D. (UC Berkeley), Pat Hanrahan, Ph.D. (Stanford University), and James Demmel, Ph.D. (UC Berkeley).
Current Investors include:
Technology and Products
Skytree has an array of advanced machine learning methods, designed for high accuracy, speed, and scale.
These include but are not limited to: Random Decision Forests, Kernel Density Estimation (KDE), K-means, Singular Value Decomposition, Gradient Boosting Machines, Decision Tree, 2-point Correlation, Range Search, Nearest Neighbor, Linear Regression, Support Vector Machine (SVM), and Logistic Regression.
Skytree Server is a general purpose Machine Learning software platform that operates in Linux on a single node or multi node cluster, and is intended for use by modelers for development of machine learning models, and for production deployments (in real time or batch usage). It is designed to connect with existing IT infrastructure. It can be configured to accept data streams and compute results from multiple sources. The resulting analytics are returned through the same channels.
Standard data sources include both structured and unstructured data from:
Skytree Server also comes with several unique Powerpack Plugins that adds to its functionality and performance.
Skytree Adviser is a free Machine Learning software (currently in Beta) platform that uses its built-in intelligence to find an appropriate model, fit to given data properly, and explains its findings to the user in ordinary language. It includes similar methods found in a statistics package like regression, ANOVA, clustering, tables, etc. Adviser features advanced visualization techniques, automatic data sensing, advanced automatic reporting and features self-selecting algorithms.
Adviser reads a wide variety of file formats including files with the following extensions: TXT, CSV, DAT, GML, XML, NET, PDF, ODT, DOX. It can also read database files from MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, and Teradata. The software runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Skytree Adviser can process up to 100,000 rows of data. For larger datasets, the company recommends the use of Skytree Server. 
- Brookfield Residential Property Services
- SETI Institute
- Adconion Media
- United States Golf Association
- Canadian Advanced Network for Astronomical Research (CANFAR)
- "Skytree". CrunchBase. CrunchBase. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Knapp, Alex (23 February 2013). "Skytree Uses Machine Learning To Crunch Big Data". Forbes.com. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Clark, Don (30 April 2013). "Skytree Looms in Big Data Forest with New Funding". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Vance, Jeff (12 June 2013). "10 Hot Big Data Startups to Watch". CIO. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- . Skytree http://www.skytree.net/company/team/. Retrieved 1 July 2013. Missing or empty
- "PowerPack Plugins". Skytree. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Skytree Adviser FAQ". Skytree. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- . Skytree http://www.skytree.net/adviser-beta/. Retrieved 1 July 2013. Missing or empty
- Hernandez, Pedro (1 May 2013). "Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning Help Skytree Land $18M". Enterprise Apps Today. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Skytree Customers". Skytree. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- SETI. "SETI Institute Partners with Machine Learning Company, Skytree". SETI Institute. SETI Institute. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Skytree and CANFAR Host Educational Webinar on How to Perform Machine Learning or Advanced Analytics on Big (Astronomical) Data Sets". Business Wire. 25 May 2012. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
|last1=in Authors list (help)