TuckerResearch is from the e-mail address I chose to receive all my genealogy related material back in high school, and it sort of evolved into my screen name of choice for all scholarly topics.
I am originally from Killeen, Texas, and earned a Bachelor's degree and Master's degree in History from Tarleton State University in Stephenville, Texas. I wrote my master's thesis on the boomtown-turned-ghosttown of Thurber, Texas. In the fall of 2006, I started work on my Ph.D. at the University of Texas at Arlington, in the field of Transatlantic History. I completed my Ph.D. in spring 2011. In late 2010, the Texas Tech University Press accepted my revised master’s thesis for publication. It was published as Macaroni, Oysters, and Beer: Thurber, Texas, and the Company Store in fall 2012.
On the scholarly front, I've written about Thurber, Texas, La Salle, Vincenzo Coronelli, Hans Staden and Ulrich Schmidel, José de Escandón, and place-names in Mexican Texas. I am interested in the history of cartography, especially maps of the early Spanish Empire, syncretization (or creolization) of toponyms in the New World, toponymy, discovery and exploration, Gen. Samuel Cooper, and Texas history, especially during the nineteenth century.
- Real Name: Gene Rhea Tucker
- Location: Belton, Bell County, Texas
- Hometown: Killeen, Bell County, Texas
- Occupation: Historian, Professor
- Curriculum Vitæ: Curriculum Vitæ of GRT
- Academia.edu Website: Gene Rhea Tucker
- UTA Website: Gene Rhea Tucker
- Temple College: History Faculty
- Google Scholar: Gene Rhea Tucker's Citations
- Zotero: Gene Rhea Tucker's Profile
- Academia.edu: Gene Rhea Tucker's Profile
Wikipedia Contributions and Statistics
- TuckerResearch's Wikipedia Contributions
- TuckerResearch's Edit Statistics
- TuckerResearch Photographs Gallery
- Files Uploaded to Wikipedia
User Talk Pages
- User Talk Page: User talk:Tuckerresearch
- User Talk Page Archives:
Some favorite music
- Bands and Artists: Aerosmith, Allman Brothers Band, The Animals, Louis Armstrong, Asleep at the Wheel, The Band, The Beach Boys, Chuck Berry, The Black Crowes, The Blues Brothers, Jason Boland, James Brown, Buckcherry, Jimmy Buffet, Johnny Bush, Cab Calloway, Ray Charles, Eric Clapton, Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Rodney Crowell, Charlie Daniels, Gavin DeGraw, DJ Screw, Fats Domino, The Doors, Dr. Dre, Bob Dylan, The Eagles, Eminem, The Faces, Kevin Fowler, Lefty Frizzell, Mickey Gilley, The Grateful Dead, Guns N' Roses, Merle Haggard, George Harrison, Jimi Hendrix, John Lee Hooker, Alan Jackson, Waylon Jennings, B. B. King, The Kinks, Lenny Kravitz, Kris Kristofferson, Stoney LaRue, Chris LeDoux, Led Zeppelin, Lil' Keke, Jerry Lee Lewis, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bob Marley, Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson, Willie Nelson, Nirvana, Ted Nugent, Gary P. Nunn, Oasis, Old 97's, Roy Orbison, Buck Owens, Gram Parsons, Tom Petty, Pink Floyd, Ray Price, Louis Prima, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jerry Reed, Charlie Rich, Marty Robbins, Johnny Rodriguez, Randy Rogers Band, The Rolling Stones, John Schneider, Bob Seger, Shakira, Frank Sinatra, Ricky Skaggs, Snoop Dogg, Bruce Springsteen, Gary Stewart, early Rod Stewart, George Strait, Sublime, Doug Supernaw, George Thorogood, Ernest Tubb, UGK, Townes Van Zandt, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jerry Jeff Walker, Gene Watson, Weezer, The Who, Don Williams, Hiram Hank Williams, Randall Hank Williams, Shelton Hank Williams, Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys, Dwight Yoakam, ZZ Top
- Adherance: An Evangelical Christian, I grew up a Southern Baptist, but I now believe I should say I am a Free Will Baptist and Arminian in the mold of Arminius and Episcopius, not Limborch or Wesley. As an old school Baptist I believe stridently in individual soul liberty and the separation of church and state.
- I think that F. Leroy Forlines, Robert Picirilli, Stephen Ashby, and J. Matthew Pinson are some of the best theologians out there today.
- I lean towards the mystics in my direct relationship with God, and thus my beliefs, depending on my mood, may be informed by the Kabbalah, Christian Kabbalah, Messianic Judaism, Gnosticism, Hermetica, Reincarnation, and even some Sufism.
Some favorite films
- Chosen sort of at random: Animal House, Blazing Saddles, The Blues Brothers, The Body, Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist, The Exorcist, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Lawrence of Arabia, Major League, Moby Dick, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Patton, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Rio Bravo, Shenandoah, Spaceballs, The 300 Spartans, Touch of Evil, The Wrath of Khan, Young Frankenstein, Zulu
Some favorite literature
Favorite television comedies
Stuff for fun
- “Don’t Let the ‘Man’ Snuff Out Smoking,”The Shorthorn
- “UTA should focus on education, not tobacco bans,” Letter to The Shorthorn
Hot Chicks in History
- Fawzia of Egypt - Shah, why would you divorce her?
- Jennie Jerome - Churchill's American mother
- Rita Hayworth - Maybe the most beautiful woman of all-time
- Emma, Lady Hamilton - Anybody's muse par excellence
- Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan - the current Queen of Jordan
- UTA Profile System.
- Transatlantic History.
- Oysters, Macaroni, and Beer: Thurber, Texas, and the Company Store at the Texas Tech University Press.
- Look at her photographs in the Commons!
- And cool enough to marry Orson Welles, so maybe she would have been cool enough to marry me.