I've been using and contributing to Wikipedia since at least 2007. Most of my edits are fixes of small errors of grammar, usage, or style. For example
- the misspelling of "led" (the past tense of the verb "to lead")
- the incorrect pluralization of the biological taxonomic term "genus"
- the ungrammatical collapsing of multiple lists onto a single conjunction
- the erroneous substitution of "step foot" for the expression "set foot".
- overly verbose references to major cities.
I have created at least three new pages:
. . . and added some pictures:
- the concrete ship SS Atlantus
- the historic tugboat Jupiter
- the armory of the First Troop Philadelphia City Cavalry
- the Philadelphia Pennsylvania Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Columbia Park, the founding home of the Philadelphia Athletics
I have helped make Wikipedia more reliable, if less amusing, by observing that an oft-told story doesn't seem to have any reliable sources and by removing funny vandalism.