Hello. Thank you for visiting my user page.
|Search user languages|
Some things I love:
- Musical theatre - especially the work of composer Stephen Sondheim and the songwriters Kander and Ebb and choreographer Bob Fosse. I am also secretly rather fond of Gilbert and Sullivan's operettas. My favourite musical is A Little Night Music, by Sondheim.
- Other musical loves include Philip Glass, Tchaikovsky, The Divine Comedy, Kate Bush, Arvo Pärt, Portishead, and Saint Etienne.
- The writings and conlangs of JRR Tolkien, and Peter Jackson's film version of The Lord of the Rings.
- Japanese cuisine. Especially the sting of wasabi in my nostrils!
- Egyptology and the Egyptian pyramids.
- Pimm's on a summer's afternon.
- Learning about astronomy. Check out Dr Phil Plait's website, Bad Astronomy.
- The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe and Skeptoid podcasts. I listen every week, and so should you!
Some things I hate:
- Racism, sexism and homophobia.
- The damage religion has done and continues to do to humanity, and the limits it imposes on what we are capable of.
- The musicals of Andrew Lloyd-Webber.
- I have just finished (as much as anything can be finished here!) an extensive rewrite/revision of the page Cats in Ancient Egypt.
- I'm currently ploughing my way through articles concerning J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth, disambig/redirect fixing (Navigation Popups is a great tool for this kind of stuff), doing general fact/grammar/style checking and cleanup. Geeky, huh?
- I'm also helping to get the article on Tolkien himself up to featured article standard. Fingers crossed! Update: The article has been awarden FA status! Hurrah!
Pages created by me:
- London Road (musical) (A verbatim musical)
- Violin Concerto No. 1 (Glass)
- Symphony No. 3 (Glass)
- Rath Dínen (Location in The Lord of the Rings)
- Elfhelm (Character in The Lord of the Rings)
- Repertoire (theatre) (Theatre terminology)
- Murun Buchstansangur (Unusual Channel 4 children's animation from the 1980s)