|— Wikipedian ♀ —|
May 1, 1964 |
San Francisco, CA
|Current location||Walnut Creek, California|
|Family and friends|
|Education and employment|
|High school||Clayton Valley High School|
|University||San Francisco State University|
|Hobbies, favourites and beliefs|
|Hobbies||film (watch, edit, write), photography, playing drums, drawing/painting, writing, reading, riding bikes, skiing|
film, art, writing, music
Hi--I've recently worked on Wikipedia on a more regular basis than in the past. I have a writing/editing background, starting in music journalism (indie rock, punk, world music), plus fanzine writing and publishing, ten years blogging, business writing and marketing (for Hewlett-Packard and others) and numerous nonprofit agencies focusing on the arts, education and childcare. I've taught art to children for many years and have worked in preschools. I play drums in the band She Mob and am a dedicated photographer. I used to draw comics but haven't been as active in that area for a while. I know a lot about underground comic art.
I have an MFA in Cinema and have worked in the film industry in visual effects, public relations and teaching. If I have one area of expertise it's film, which encompasses so many of the arts, which are all interesting to me. My goal is to add new articles and expand existing ones for clarity and important information that will hopefully illuminate the subject matter, especially articles featuring underrepresented but deserving artists and their art.
I regularly contribute photos to the Commons.
Selected articles I've expanded, edited or started:
- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - edited
- Phyllis Diller - extensively expanded and edited
- Craig Barron - started
- Matte World Digital - started
- Drunken Angel - expanded
- Ida Lupino - expanded and edited
- matte painting - edited
- Special effect - edited
- Zodiac - expanded
- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (film) - edited
- Susan Seidelman - extensively expanded
- William Wellman - added information from new biography Wild Bill Wellman.
- Daughters of the Dust - updated references, added quote, still needs reference reformatting to put them in Wiki format
- The Uptones - expanded, fought for existence
- The Vaselines - expanded, photo
- Ska - edited (probably still a mess)
- Jaan Uhelszki - started
- Denise Sullivan - started
- Throwing Muses - expanded
- Kristin Hersh - still editing - needs more organization and proper footnotes
- Barbara Manning - expanding, adding photos
- Passing Strange - extensively expanded
- Jay Adams - pro skateboarder - reorganized, additional information added, citation cleanup
- Walnut Creek, California - edited, photos
- Pleasant Hill, California - expanded, photo
Articles to edit or create
- Tracey Snelling - whoo, much work needed for a worthy artist
- R. Rajalakshmi (biochemist/nutritionist) - Revamped nutritional standards, helping alleviate childhood malnutrition in India.
- William Turnbull (architect) - Helped usher in more naturalistic housing within the California landscape.
- "She Shreds" editor interview lists five women guitarists without Wikipedia pages
- Jacinto Quirarte - add information about his books; find documentation that states he co-founded study of Pre-Columbian art history. (disclosure: he was my Uncle)