This is the user sandbox of Veronica sullivan. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
|Industry||Computer software, Application Lifecycle Management|
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California, U.S.|
|John Nugent, CEO|
|Revenue||US$219 million (2012)|
Number of employees
Serena Software Inc is a US-based software company. Serena Software helps organizations orchestrate their application development, IT management and business processes. More than 3,000 enterprises, encompassing almost one million users worldwide, depend on Serena’s Application Lifecycle Management, IT Service Management and Business Process Management solutions to deliver applications with confidence and to automate important processes for speed, auditability and efficiency.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Serena serves enterprise customers from 29 offices in 14 countries. Serena is a portfolio company of Silver Lake Partners, and has 601 employees as of January 31, 2010.
The company's products are designed to manage the development of and control change in mission critical technology and business process applications within mainframe and distributed systems environments. The company's revenues are generated through software licenses, maintenance contracts and professional services.
- Business process management (BPM)
- Mainframe computer (MF)
- Project portfolio management (PPM)
- Release management (RLM)
- Requirements management (RM)
- Software change management (SCM)
In November 2005, Serena Software announced that it had agreed to be acquired by Silver Lake Partners in a $1.2 billion leveraged buyout transaction. The buyout was announced at a price of $24 per share in cash. Following the transaction, Silver Lake, a technology focused private equity firm acquired about 70% of the Serena stock. The Silver Lake Partners acquisition resulted in no immediate changes to the executive management team and daily operations continued much as they had before.
In October 2006, Serena announced the acquisition of Pacific Edge Software to enter the emerging project portfolio management (PPM) market. Mariner, a leading provider of Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) solutions was determined to be a good match for Serena's existing portfolio of products. After Pacific Edge, Serena made a number of more minor acquisitions, purchasing prototyping technology from Apptero, requirements management technology from Integrated Chipware and asset discovery technology from Data Sciences Corporation.
In September 2008 Serena announced the acquisition of Projity, an open source Software as a Service (SaaS)-based project management company. Serena has begun to drive some of their technologies directly to business users in the form of Business Mashups.
John Nugent was appointed CEO in November 2009.
- "Annual Report for Serena Software Inc for Fiscal Year 2012". Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- Cite error: The named reference
10K-2010was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Serena Software Announces Completion of Acquisition by Silver Lake Partners" (Press release). Serena. 2006-03-10. Retrieved 2006-03-10.
- Serena Software latest target of buyout firm. USA Today, November 11, 2005
- Silver Lake rides technology debt wave. MarketWatch, March 29, 2006
- Serena Software Buyout: $1.2B Red Herring, November 10, 2005
- The LBO Gang Storms The Valley. Business Week, September 11, 2006
- "Serena Software to Acquire Project and Portfolio Management Leader" (Press release). Serena. 2006-10-04. Retrieved 2006-10-04.
- Serena Software to buy Pacific Edge. San Francisco Business Times, October 2, 2006
- "Serena Software Acquires Open Source Alternative to Microsoft Project" (Press release). Serena Software. 2008-09-23. Retrieved 2008-09-23.
- Mash Up the Corporation. New York Times, August 24, 2007
- Serena Software Joins Mashup Mania. Internet News, December 3, 2007
- "Privately-Held Serena Software Names John Nugent as Chief Executive Officer" (Press release). Serena Software. 2009-11-02. Retrieved 2009-11-02.
- Serena Software Inc., now privately held, sharpens focus. Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal, September 25, 2006
- Serena Software trying to bring zip to its appeal. San Francisco Business Times, September 22, 2006
- Customs agency in deal with Serena Software. Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal, November 28, 2005
- Serena Software Placed In Leaders Quadrant. EFY Times, April 8, 2009
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|