Plea to Other Editors
Reminders to myself
While committed to a neutral point of view in the Wiki universe, I should disclose the following inherent biases which will probably show up in my work. After all, I am only ( almost ) human.....( but evolving slowly.... )
- I am a participating member in a religious organization. I believe studying philosophy, human ethics and religious precepts is one of the most valuable things people can do to understand and improve themselves and the world around them.
- I am a politically active citizen of the United States, with strong opinions on concepts underlying the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I am an avid proponent of civil liberties for all.
- While not adverse to open markets and capitalist theory, I abhor the practice of using wealth to obtain power and influence in government and social movements. I believe the oligarchy is one of the least equitable forms of government, and is dangerous to human rights.
Let’s see....religion, politics and money. What else can we fight about?
- I enjoy and appreciate the Internet, but I do not worship it, trust it or even respect it - yet. When looking for information, I believe in primary sources, lots of secondary sources and discussions with people with practical expertise.
- My opinion on dating systems, BC/AD vs BCE/CE, reflects my university training and professional experience. BC/AD as a convention should always used in Wikipedia articles on specifically Christian subjects. In creating articles I tend to follow the university standard in my field which is to never use BCE/CE for a Christian subject, or BC/AD for a secular subject.
- My writing style tends to be pedantic and wordy — but if you give me time, it does get better. And, I despise acronyms. So, there will be lots of edits.
- I have a sneaking fondness for fringy ideas, outrageous theories, and outright fantasy. I may not take these things seriously, but they are sometimes charming and reveal a great deal about us from a socio-anthro point of view. So, I am likely to be patient with these authors and generally wish them well.
Your Opinion, Please
- Raku as of 25 March 2005.
- Hovenweep National Monument as of 30 March 2005.
- Dale Morgan as of July 2007.
Featured Articles I Edited
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park - 10 February 2007, 28 October, 2009.
- Mandan - 9 December 2005.
Currently Contributing to these Articles and more:
On anthropology and archaeology
- Ancient Pueblo Peoples/Anasazi
- Native American pottery
- Navajo Nation
- Olmec mythology
On historic plagues and diseases:
On ceramic/pottery manufacture, techniques and history
and an ever growing number of Nineteenth Century biographies (how obscure!), many related to abolitionism, the Fur trade, Native American rights and Women's rights activists as well as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|Keep up the good work on the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint article. I like your work. Ninja247 (talk) 17:28, 15 June 2009 (UTC)|