User:WWB Too/David Marchick
David M. Marchick is an American lawyer and former diplomat who served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State, and in the White House, the Office of the United States Trade Representative and the Department of Commerce during the Clinton administration. While working under Clinton, he helped to coordinate the passage of the North American Free Trade Agreement and the creation of the World Trade Organization. Marchick later became a partner with Covington & Burling, where he advised U.S. and foreign companies on foreign investment and trade issues, and was registered to lobby.
Marchick joined the Carlyle Group in 2007 as the head of Carlyle's regulatory division, and currently serves as Managing Director and Global Head of External Affairs. Marchick also serves as a member of the firm's operating committee. He supervises the firm's government affairs, public affairs, regulatory, and research efforts.
He has contributed articles to publications including the Far Eastern Economic Review, Financial Times and The Wall Street Journal and is the coauthor of U.S. National Security and Foreign Direct Investment and Global FDI Policy: Correcting a Protectionist Drift. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, where he has participated in the Bernard and Irene Schwartz Series on American Competitiveness.
Marchick serves as Chairman of the Board for the Robert Toigo Foundation, which focuses on increasing diversity in business leadership roles. He is also a member of the Committee on Conscience at the United States Holocaust Museum.
At his alma mater, the University of California San Diego, Marchick and his family endowed a permanent scholarship fund in 2011 in the name of the former Assistant Vice Chancellor Tommy Tucker to provide full-tuition support at the school to one "outstanding student leader" each year.
- Stephanie Kirchgaessner (September 18, 2007). "Carlyle appoints new regulatory chief". Retrieved September 19, 2012.
- "Team". The Carlyle Group. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
- "Carlye Group Names David Marchick Global Head Regulatory Affairs" (Press release). Fierce Finance. September 26, 2007. Retrieved September 19, 2012.
- "Visiting Fellows and Other Authors". Peterson Institute for International Economics. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
- "Marchick, David M". OpenSecrets.org. Center for Responsive Politics. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Arena Profile: David Marchick". Politico. Retrieved September 19, 2012.
- "Global FDI Policy Correcting a Protectionist Drift". Council on Foreign Relations. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
- "Board of Directors". toigofoundation.org. Robert Toigo Foundation. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
- "About Us". toigofoundation.org. Robert Toigo Foundation. Retrieved September 19, 2012.
- "Committee on Conscience". United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
- ""It takes a noble man..."". Philanthropy Matters. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
Category:George Washington University alumni Category:University of Texas at Austin alumni Category:University of California, San Diego alumni Category:Living people Category:Council on Foreign Relations Category:Clinton Administration personnel