Warpflyght is also known as Ben Mitchell, a Computer Science student at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia. He was born in Atlanta and raised in Lilburn, Georgia. He's also lived in Shreveport, Louisiana, Mesa, Arizona, Navarre, Florida, and Cupertino, California. He graduated from Gulf Breeze High School in Gulf Breeze, Florida. He is on a quasi-wikibreak, but still drops by and makes small edits a few times a month.
His main interests include Star Trek (and he has been simming for around fifteen years (see USS Potemkin)), sailing, and computers (particularly subjects related to programming and the Internet). Other interests include Spanish, the Romance Languages and their history, the Roman Republic and Roman Empire, the Byzantine Empire, space exploration, geography, and the study of history. Articles on the American Civil War and the History of Atlanta have occupied countless hours of his time. Hurricanes are a more recent interest due to the aftermath of Hurricane Ivan and its damage to his home and hometown. He is also a roadgeek, focusing particularly on places he's lived and visited. He considers Google Maps to be both wonderful and highly dangerous.
He is a proud geek and a liberal. He is a Unix geek (using Mac OS X and Linux among other flavors). He is an Apple Macintosh convert and a Rubyist. He prefers vi over emacs, but often develops in TextMate. He believes in the Open Source movement. He is a member (and is a former president) of his local Linux Users Group. He was in attendance for the lower pair of index values of C4 and enjoyed them beyond words.
He is a strong believer in the serial comma, and on Wikipedia, he prefers to make detailed edit summaries. He prefers "lede" over "lead" to identify the beginning of an article. His watchlist includes articles on places he's lived, subjects related to Star Trek and Simming, some topics on Ancient Rome and British history, and some of the articles listed in the various sections further down on this page. He can often be found making small edits (including copyedits, adding relevant wikilinks where appropriate, and reworking a few sentences or paragraphs) during his seemingly random Wikipedia travels.
I've created the following Wikipedia articles:
- Fort McRee
- Simming organization
- East River (Florida) (now moved to East Bay River)
- Max Q
- Kessler Campanile
- Santa Rosa Sound
- Superstition Mountain
- Choctawhatchee Bay
- La Vereda del Monte
While I didn't create these articles, I have worked on them and find them important:
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Pensacola, Florida
- One Atlantic Center
- Fort Pickens
- Gulf Breeze, Florida
- Mesa, Arizona
- Speed trap
- North Georgia
- Superstition Mountains
- The Way to Wealth
- Saint Peter's Basilica
- Destin, Florida (scratch page archive)
Entrance LII of the Colosseum, yet again from Rome.
Articles to Edit
- Simming Organization: continue to clean up list of organizations at bottom; some work already done.
- Saint Peter's Basilica: I have better pictures than these. Upload and swap.
- Alan Gratz: Find more references and work article into more encyclopedic form.
- Natural Bridge Battlefield State Historic Site near Saint Marks, Florida
- Saint Marks, Florida
- Battle of Natural Bridge (near Saint Marks also) -- more information on the natural bridge over the river?
- Saluzzo -- expand and, if possible, include pictures.
- List of rail trails: add information on various rail trails I'm familiar with
- Pensacola, Florida -- the water tower was removed, but the article still needs work. Palafox Street pic?
- Gallo-Romance languages: Can I add more info here?
- Klingon language: Someone has fixed the speculation on HoD. Still, more information on HoD would be appropriate.
- Assisi: List of damaged churches is abrupt. Fix.
- Battle of Santa Rosa Island: Cites no sources. Fix!
- Pensacola Bay: The present article is a good start, but it can be expanded greatly!
- Technology Square: add picture and expand. Mention new 5th Street bridge+park and modern architectural style. Information on history? What was there before?
- Gulf Breeze, Florida: Possible further expansion? Take picture of wooden Gulf Breeze sign and add to article.
- Dissolution of the Monasteries: This needs some work. The first few paragraphs have already been given some attention, which helps.
- John W. Grant: do a bit of research and update this article.
- Perdido Key: this article needs some help. Find sources, correct formatting, work in wikilinks to area subjects.
- Seaside, Florida: photos?
Articles to Create
- Poisser reaction (perhaps a different name is necessary)
- Olympic class -- RMS Olympic, RMS Titanic, and HMHS Britannic.
- East Lake -- the neighborhood in Atlanta. Add to List of Atlanta neighborhoods including the template used for various neighborhood articles. (This is south of Decatur in the far eastern reaches of the city. Note the East Lake golf course, etc. Also link in Kirkwood (Atlanta) when appropriate.)
- Yellow River (Georgia) -- be sure to reference the Ocmulgee River, of which the Yellow is a tributary.