Hello, I'm Warren. I live in Ontario, Canada.
I've been working pretty steadily on Wikipedia articles since December 2005, focusing primarily on improving the encyclopedic value, quality, and organisation of a range of computing articles, mostly to do with Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh. I also occasionally work on comedian, musician, television show, and computing personality pages.
I am a strong believer in good lead sections. Oftentimes a person's first impression of the overall quality of Wikipedia is set by the tone, readability and quality of writing in a single lead section, so it seems to me that we should always make sure a subject is introduced effectively. I'm no English major, so I find this kind of work both challenging and rewarding.
I wrote a short essay on why I work so much on Windows articles here.
I try to keep these axioms in mind while I'm working on articles:
- You are not a verifiable source.
- Wikipedia isn't a contest.
- When the going gets tough, there's always something uncontentious you can work on.
- It's a waste of time to criticise what other editors haven't done.
- If you want people to trust your work, write accurate edit summaries.
I started these
- Features new to Windows Vista · Transactional NTFS · Microsoft Dynamics CRM · Boot Configuration Data · Microsoft Management Console · Windows Mobility Center · Windows Address Book · My Documents · Special Folders · Windows Shell namespace · Windows Shell · Event Viewer · Universal Audio Architecture · User Mode Driver Framework · Background Intelligent Transfer Service · Windows Live Mail Desktop · User Account Control · Web Services Dynamic Discovery · Development of Windows Vista · Shatter attack · List of Mac OS X components · Windows Security Center · Windows Home Server · Windows XP editions · Virtual Control Program Interface · Desktop Cleanup Wizard · Macintosh LC · Macintosh LC II · Macintosh LC III
- Microsoft application programming interfaces, Screenshots of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X user interface, Mac OS X development, Mac OS X APIs, Power Macintosh, DirectX, Microsoft logos, McAfee, Microsoft criticisms and controversies, Apple Inc. lists
Windows Vista · Windows Server 2003 · Windows NT 3.1 · Windows NT 3.5 · Windows Server System · WinFS · Windows NT Startup Process · Windows Firewall · Windows Rights Management Services · Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs · ntdetect.com · Collaboration Data Objects for Windows NT Server · Windows Explorer · Windows Server Update Services · Windows Messenger · System Restore · List of Microsoft Windows components · Windows Aero · Prefetcher · Visual Studio Team System · Comparison of privilege authorization features · Apple Inc. · Graphical identification and authentication · ASP.NET · Windows Update · Timeline of Apple Inc. products · Macintosh Performa · Power Macintosh 5500 · Power Macintosh 6100 · Power Macintosh 6200 · Power Macintosh 6400 · Macintosh Quadra 605 · Macintosh Quadra 950 · Macintosh IIvx · Power Macintosh 5000 series · Macintosh LC 500 series · Macintosh Quadra 630 · Power Macintosh 9500 · Power Macintosh G3 · Macintosh Quadra 610
I started these
- Caroline Dale, a British cello player
- George Carlin albums: Occupation: Foole · Toledo Window Box · An Evening With Wally Londo Featuring Bill Slaszo · On The Road · A Place For My Stuff · What Am I Doing In New Jersey?, George Carlin: Again!
- Richard Pryor albums: Bicentennial Nigger
- Chris Rock albums: Born Suspect
- Category:Lewis Black albums and Category:Chris Rock albums
- Massive Attack albums: Special Cases · Butterfly Caught
- Andrew Vowles (and a Vowles disambiguation page)
- The Wild Bunch (sound system)
- Genesee Hospital
- On an Island, David Gilmour's new solo album
- George Carlin albums: Class Clown · You Are All Diseased
- Ani DiFranco's 2006 album, Reprieve
- Thom Yorke's album, The Eraser
- Massive Attack articles: 100th Window, Teardrop
- Top Gear (current format)