Obsessed with astronomy, languages, and classical music. You will see me in those areas often.
The only part of biology that makes me happy is taxonomy, mainly protistan.
I love dragons.
I absolutely hate math. The only area of it that has ever interested me is the realm of complex and imaginary numbers. i makes me happy.
I use "Eridian" when referring to the astronomical body Eris adjectivially. "Erisian" makes me puke. I also prefer "Cytherean" to "Venusian".
I like to make up languages.
Articles I Have Started
- Postelsia - now a Good article!!!
- Angel Gil-Ordoñez
- Verruca gnome (Later deleted, added to Hogfather article)
- Alternative taxonomical classification
- Eisenia (disambiguation)
- Eisenia (annelid)
- Eisenia arborea
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- George Norman Lippert (now redirecting to James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing)
- What a queer bird
Making the world a better place, one edit at a time.
People I like
KP Botany "I hope the animals starve to death all the way up the trophic level for dissing plants." :)
Random vandalism quotes
Found in the Solar System footer: "Pluto is the ninth planet. Wikiality will always overcome the pussies at the IAU"
Found on the Eukaryote page: "and the star wars is coming to find the folipian tube"
- "[[kdudjn ndhjay jomnjd djiew fcells."
Found in coding for Calcarea taxobox: "color =g-unit"
Found on the Plant page:
Aristotle divided all living things between butts, which generally do not move, and animals. In Linnaeus' system, these became the Kingdoms Booty (later Plantae) and Animalia. Since then, it has become clear that the Booty as originally defined included several unrelated groups, and the fungi and several groups of algae were removed to new kingdoms. However, these are still often considered Butts in many contexts. Indeed, any attempt to match "Booty" with a single taxon is doomed to fail, because Butt is a vaguely defined concept unrelated to the presumed phylogenic concepts on which modern Buttology is based.
When the name Butt is applied to a specific taxon, it is usually one of three groups, each more inclusive than the last. From smallest to largest these are:
- Land Butts (also known as Embryophyta)—see below.
- Green Booties (also known as Viridiplantae or Chlorobionta) comprising Embryophytes and green mold. Essentially the subject of this article.
- Primoplantae (also known as Butt sensu lato, Plastida, or Archaeplastida) comprises green Butts, red algae and glaucophyte algae. The broadest plant clade, this comprises the eukaryotes that acquired their crap.
Informally, other creatures that carry out going potty are called butts as well, but they do not constitute a formal butt.
Found on the downy mildew page: and its shaft is mellow
Books I Am Reading
I have read WICKED: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West. It was rather gross at times. It was a very interesting read, though a little slow at times. I would not recommend it to anyone under the age of 16.
I have finished reading Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, also by Gregory Maguire. It was very good, much better than Wicked.
I am not currently reading anything at the moment.
In my not so humble opinion
Taxobox colors should reflect the new kingdoms. Metazoa (Animalia) and Eumycota (Fungi) are subkingdoms of Opisthokonta, and Plantae is a subkingdom of Archaeplastida. Chromista is probably paraphyletic, and Protista is too paraphyletic to touch with 50-yard stick. Bacteria is also paraphyletic.
DO NOT USE THIS SITE AS A RESOURCE FOR ANYTHING. IT HAS AN EXTREME CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN BIAS THAT IGNORES SCIENTIFIC FACT. There is nothing wrong with conservatives or christians, but the particular viewpoint of this site takes as fact things that are not supported by scientific evidence. I give this example:
On the discussion page for the animal article:
- Not qualified to improve this article, other than to make it even shorter... the article states that animals have no cell walls. If the article means Animal CELLS have no cell walls, I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. I'm an animal, and I'm sure somethings keeping the cytoplasm in my cells!"