|Directed by||Sam Mendes|
Michael G. Wilson
|Written by||Patrick Marber|
|Distributed by||Metro Goldwyn Mayer|
Writers were hired to begin work on the next film in early 2009. The film will be set after Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace, and Daniel Craig will be James Bond (he is also contracted for a fourth film). MGM hoped the film would be out in 2010, but the 22nd film, Quantum of Solace, left Michael G. Wilson exhausted. In June 2009, Peter Morgan signed to co-write the film with Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. In December 2009, Morgan commented that the film would have a "shocking" story. Sam Mendes has been confirmed to direct, according to Barbara Broccoli, a producer of Bond 23.
Broccoli intends Quantum to reappear and hopes Camille Montes will come back as well. Judi Dench and Jeffrey Wright will most likely return as M and Felix Leiter, respectively. Jesper Christensen will not be reprising his role as the villainous Mr. White of the Quantum organisation in the next James Bond film. Craig and Barbara Broccoli expressed interest in filming in New York City for Bond 23. Craig added, "The relationship between Bond and M is secure and Felix is secure. Let's try and find where Moneypenny came from and where Q comes from. Let’s do all that and have some fun with it." Daniel Craig told fans outside the Schoenfeld theatre in New York after his performance in the play, A Steady Rain, that Bond 23 will begin filming in late 2010. After long time rumours and speculations, British director Sam Mendes was confirmed to take the helm on Bond 23, and writer Peter Morgan was replaced by Oscar Nominee writer Patrick Marber.
On 19 April 2010, Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson of EON Productions announced that because of MGM's financial troubles, production of Bond 23 was suspended "indefinitely" and was therefore shelved for the time being.
- "Quantum of Solace Movie Interview - Michael G. Wilson". IGN. 2008-11-11. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- "Stockholm Press Conference". MI6.co.uk. 2008-10-14. Retrieved 2008-10-15.
- Dave McNary (2007-07-13). "Hollywood films' dating game: Opening weekends being set for '09, '10"". Variety. Retrieved 2007-07-14.
- Ryan Pearson (2008-04-05). "James Bond Finds 'Solace' a Bit Chile". Associated Press. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Bond 23 writers confirmed". MI6.co.uk. 2009-06-11. Retrieved 2009-06-12.
- "Bond 23 - A Shocking Story". MI6.co.uk. 2009-12-22. Retrieved 2009-12-20.
- Bond 23 - Mendes Confirmed, Writers Change?...
- "Video interview: Michael G. Wilson". CHUD. 2008-11-10. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- James Bond News :: MI6 :: Jesper Christensen will not return as Mr White - 'James Bond movies are sh*t'
- Liz Smith (2008-09-10). "Frank Langella preps for 'Seasons': James Bond about to go bad in 'I, Lucifer'". Variety. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- Steve Weintraub (2008-12-07). "Daniel Craig talks about the future of JAMES BOND". Collider. Retrieved 2008-12-08.
- White, Michael (2010-04-19). "James Bond Film 'Indefinitely' Delayed by MGM Auction". BusinessWeek. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 2010-04-19.