User:Wikilists/Actors and actresses considered the greatest ever
While, much like films, it is impossible to objectively determine the actor and actress of all time, it is possible to discuss the actors and actresses considered the greatest ever. The important criterion for inclusion in this article is that the film is the "greatest" by some specific criterion or indicator — be it a critics' poll, popular poll, box offices succes, or awards. Many of these measures focus on North Americans, but those considered the greatest within their respective countries are included at the end.
None of these citations should be viewed as scientific measures however. All the surveys are flawed in one way or another. They are often influenced by vote-stacking or they survey a population with skewed demographics. Internet-based surveys have a self-selecting audience of unknown participants. The methodology of some surveys may be questionable. Sometimes (like in the case of the American Film Institute) voters were asked to select actors from a limited list of entries. The awards are also flawed in one way or another as they have been accused of populus rather then critically acclaimed, or rigged.
In General Acting
- Jim Carrey - (born January 17, 1962) has won the most MTV Movie Awards out of anyone, actor or actress. 
- Lucille Ball - (born August 6, 1911) is the highest ranked actress in the list of top 100 greatest comedic actors/actresses, there for has been named the greatest comedic actress of all time. 
- Humphrey Bogart - (born January 23, 1899) was named the greatest actor of all time by the American Film Institute. 
- Walter Brennan - (born July 25, 1894) ties with Jack Nicholson for the most Academy Awards won out of any male actor. 
- Cameron Diaz - (born August 30, 1972) was named the numbe one box office draw out of any actress. 
- Katherine Hepburn - (born May 12, 1907) was named the greatest actress of all time by the American Film Institute. 
- Mary Tyler Moore - (born December 29, 1936) is tied for the most Emmy Awards out of any actress. 
- Jack Nicholson - (born April 22, 1933) ties with Walter Brennan for the most Academy Awards won out of any male actor. 
- Samuel L. Jackson - (born December 21, 1948) was named the number one box office draw out of any actual actor 
- Meryl Streep - (born June 22, 1949) has the most Academy Award nominations out of anyone, she also has the most golden globe nominations out of any actress. 
In particular types
- Frank Welker - (born March 12, 1946) was named the number one box-office draw out of anyone, man or woman, voice actor or not