Who am I?
I’m a gemini, so I’m always of two minds about everything. It’s hard to make generalizations about me. Most people would call me a radical liberal, with my ideals falling somewhere in the realm of utopian or democratic socialism. Though, I have some strange ideas about right-ish government ideals.
I graduated from Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas (”a surprisingly liberal college in the heart of Arkansas…”) but I also did time at SUNY Fredonia in Fredonia, New York, and Loyola University of Chicago.
I am the creator and "chairperson" of a Star Trek RPG that is celebrated it's 15th anniversary of creation in 2009. The name of the RPG is "UFOP: StarBase 118" and our homepage is at http://www.starbase118.net.
I have an entrepreneurial spirit, but a career in the corporate world. I couldn’t live without my TiVo. I eat way too much junk food. I never work out (anymore). People who chew with their mouth open or make any kind of noise while eating make me homicidal. I will always tell you when you have something stuck to your face or hanging out of your nose.
How did I get here?
I don't remember! I think I read about Wikipedia somewhere on the net sometime in 2003, and have been using it for general reference ever since. In March of 2004, I started getting heavily into the process of editing/creation.
transhumanism, humanism, atheism, Pastafarianism, space, sustainability, parapsychology, wikis, evolution, community, barn raising, writing, reading, naps, music, travel, truth, freedom, direct experience, change, democracy, open source movement, idealism, tech, computers, singularity, web 2.0, internet, gadgets
What am I doing here?
|This user is a member of WikiProject Wikify. There is currently a massive backlog of articles (43,222 articles) that need to be wikified, and we need your help! If you have a spare moment, please visit the project page and wikify an article, or tell your friends about the WikiProject.|
Usually I'm wasting time.
I'm also starting a write-up about a possible project to educate people in Academia about Wikipedia.
Pages I've Created
I tend to not create pages (as I enjoy maintaining more), but every now and again the fancy strikes me. Here's the list of pages I've created, with the newest at the top:
- The Dream is Alive: About the IMAX movie. A pretty good start, in my opinion.
- Actual cash value: Hey, I work in insurance!
- Nuvell Financial Services
- Jonathan Murray: Very basic stub.
- Pedro and Me: Very basic stub.
- Personal Egress Air Packs: Quite proud of this one. It's all technical and stuff.
- Shawn Colvin: It was on the list of "most linked to but missing" pages, so I created it :) Just a stub.
Categories I've created
- Category:Schools in Canada
- Category:Employment law
- Category:Real World Cast Members
- Changed to: Category:The Real World cast members
- Category:Madonna movies
- Changed to: Category:Madonna_films
- Subsequently deleted.
- Changed to: Category:Madonna_films
- Category:Canadian car race tracks - apparently not too useful.
- Category:Schools of Sioux Falls
My Favorite Quotes
- "As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities." ~ Voltaire
- "It is never too late to give up your prejudices." ~ from Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- "I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms." ~ Albert Einstein, obituary in New York Times, 19 April 1955.
- "Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things." ~ Peter Drucker
- "Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
- "Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be." ~ Rita Rudner
- "Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water." ~ W. C. Fields
- Wikipedia:Vandalism in progress
- Wikipedia:Votes for deletion
- Welcome messages
- Alternative welcome message -- more colorful and in-depth.
- Copyright violations:
Credits and End-notes
- I "borrowed" this template for a userpage from user:Isomorphic -- the person who warmly welcomed me, even though I've been here for a little while :)
- Thanks to Titoxd for the userbox template.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at