Hey there, I'm WSlupecki (Also known as HARTride 2012). I have been an active Wikipedia member since 2006. I find Wikipedia to be a very knowledgeable source for information that can be easily updated as needed. Unlike the traditional book encyclopedias that only get updated once a year and don't cover the many sources found on Wikipedia.
- 1 Contributions
- 1.1 Bay News 9 (Tampa TV Station)
- 1.2 Transportation-Related Articles
- 1.3 Non-transportation-related articles (which I have made ethier major or minor contributions to) include:
- 1.4 Photos uploaded to Wiki Commons:
- 1.5 HART bus photos
- 2 IP Addresses
- 3 Favorite Websites
Since 2006, I have made many contributions to various transportation-related articles on Wikipedia; including various highways, bridges, and mass transit systems. Most of the articles are relating to the Tampa Bay Area, where I reside. Other interests that have led to Wiki contributions include Tampa area TV stations (including Bay News 9 and a couple of Tampa area landmarks here and there. I've also made contributions to a couple of other topics as well.
Bay News 9 (Tampa TV Station)
One of my largest contributions to Wikipedia so far, is the expansion of the Bay News 9 article. Bay News 9 is a 24-hour local news channel in Tampa, Florida that was launched in 1997. Since it's inception, I have paid a great deal of attention to the station's journey and I must say, after nine years of being on the air, Bay News 9 has certainly achieved it's mainline goal of providing news to the Tampa Bay Area on the viewer's schedule.
- When I saw the Bay News 9 article for the first time in May 2006, I was disgusted at the lack of content provided on the station. I quickly gathered what I knew about the station thus far and gathered as many sources as possible, and began a major expansion of the article. As of 2010 however, I no longer actively contribute to the page due to me not having access to cable TV anymore.
As mentioned above, one of my large interests is Transportation. If you have viewed some of the articles regarding Tampa's Interstate highways, tollways, and other major transportation facilities recently; you've probably noticed some of my contributions to them. My mainline goal is to bring these Tampa transportation articles to high standards so that they can be featured on the Wikipedia main page. As you may also noticed, I recently joined WikiProject Florida to help out with other Florida related articles. The main transportation-related articles that I have made major contributions to recently to are listed below.
- Interstate 4 Expanded/updated history
- Interstate 175 (Florida) Updated history.
- Interstate 275 (Florida) Rewrite of history sections and other updates.
- Interstate 375 (Florida) Updated history and added an exit chart.
- Clearwater Bayside Bridge Started article.
- Howard Frankland Bridge Updated history.
- Gandy Bridge Added photo, expanded/updated history.
- Veterans Expressway Added reconstruction project information and photo.
- Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway Completed a major rewrite of the article.
- Dale Mabry Highway Reorganized designations list and added additional history and insight.
- State Road 694 (Florida) Added freeway project information and updated the history.
- East Lake Road Started article...but was later deleted (probably too little info and no sources).
- State Road 55 (Florida) Started article. Cleanup Required
- U.S. Route 92
- Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority Started article.
- Kennedy Blvd Started article.
- Northwest Hillsborough Expressway Started article. Need Expert help with cleanup and verification
- Tampa International Airport Revised/Expanded the Terminal section.
- Clearwater Memorial Causeway Started article.
- State Road 685 (Florida) Started article.
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority Made periodic updates to the article to reflect recent changes and re-branding of the authority.
- Interstate 4/Crosstown Expressway Connector Started article and made periodic updates.
- Tampa Bay Area Beltway Started article.
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority Started article with fare and route info.
- Sarasota County Area Transit Expanded article with additional info and photos of the agency's bus fleet.
Articles in which minor contributions were made include:
- State Road 60 (Florida)
- State Road 616 (Florida) (Talk page only)
- Interstate 475 (Georgia)
- MacArthur Maze
- Mark VI Monorail (Talk page only)
My current project is to update the English pages for the Paris Métro system to be more in line to that of their counterparts from the French Wikipedia. I have found that the French Wiki contains information that is missed on the English version. The pages that I have expanded are listed as follows.
- Paris Métro Line 1
- Paris Métro Line 4
- Paris Métro Line 5
- Paris Métro Line 9
- Paris Métro Line 11 (minor contributions)
- Paris Métro Line 14 (minor contributions)
Métro Rolling Stock
- MA 51 (minor contributions)
- MP 55 (new page)
- MP 59
- MF 67
- MP 73
- MF 77 (minor contributions)
- MP 89
- MF 2000
- MP 05
- MP NG (new page)
- Janet Jackson (Talk page only)
- Tampa Museum of Art Added the "Controversy" section, since the museum replacement project has been full of nothing but controversy and other such mess.
- Rafael Viñoly Added the TPA Art Museum to the list of "Cancelled" projects.
- Britton Plaza Shopping Center (Tampa, FL) Created article and added information.
- Publix Added information & photos
- Albertsons LLC Added information & a photo
- WestShore Plaza Added information (including an infobox w/photo)
- Roosevelt Elementary School (Florida) Added information (including a school infobox)
- Thomas Richard Robinson High School Added information
Photos uploaded to Wiki Commons:
- Interstate 275 (Florida) (Southbound) near Tampa, Florida
- Gandy Bridge (Eastbound) in Tampa
- The new shield/logo for the Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway in Tampa
- HART's new express bus.
- One of the new flyovers at the Veterans Expressway/TIA/Spruce St multiplex.
- The I-275/I-375 Junction during emergency repairs.
HART bus photos
HART Local buses (old livery)
HART Local buses (new livery)
HART Commuter Express buses (purple/white livery)
Occaisonally, I will use my older desktop computer, which has a Firefox browser that sometimes rejects cookies, to edit Wikipedia. If any questions regarding edits with the address 126.96.36.199 arises; please contact me.