From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Steroids: 1-Testosterone • 19-Norandrostenedione • Hyodeoxycholic acid • Jenapharm
- Scientists: Hans Knöll • David Lester
- Documentaries: Right to Die?
- Journal stubs: Nature Reviews Drug Discovery • J. Pharm. Exp. Ther.
- Tech stubs: FSF vs. Cisco • NAS200 • WAG300N • WRV54G
Should you really know that...
- Bupropion treatment enhances the attractiveness of female rats even though it has no effect on their socio-sexual motivation?
- Interacting with a gun will increase your testosterone levels to the point where you will add more hot sauce to somebody else's water?
- Compulsive weight lifting and anabolic substance abuse may represent another form of response to the trauma of sexual assault?
- If a conversation with your Special One turns negative, it's time pick up that oxytocin spray?
- Estrogen given to postmenopausal women enhances convergent thinking at the expense of divergent thinking while testosterone appears to have the opposite effect?
- Single men have higher testosterone levels than long-distance or same-city partnered men, but women in long-distance relationships had similar levels to single women, which were higher than those of same-city partnered women?
- López HH, Wurzel G, Ragen B (2007). "The effect of acute bupropion on sexual motivation and behavior in the female rat". Pharmacol. Biochem. Behav. 87 (3): 369–79. doi:10.1016/j.pbb.2007.05.014. PMID 17586031.
- Klinesmith J, Kasser T, McAndrew FT (2006). "Guns, testosterone, and aggression: an experimental test of a mediational hypothesis". Psychol Sci. 17 (7): 568–71. doi:10.1111/j.1467-9280.2006.01745.x. PMID 16866740. Unknown parameter
- Gruber AJ, Pope HG (1999). "Compulsive weight lifting and anabolic drug abuse among women rape victims". Compr Psychiatry. 40 (4): 273–7. PMID 10428186.
- Ditzen B, Schaer M, Gabriel B, Bodenmann G, Ehlert U, Heinrichs M (2008). "Intranasal Oxytocin Increases Positive Communication and Reduces Cortisol Levels During Couple Conflict". Biol. Psychiatry. doi:10.1016/j.biopsych.2008.10.011. PMID 19027101. Unknown parameter
- Krug R, Mölle M, Dodt C, Fehm HL, Born J (2003). "Acute influences of estrogen and testosterone on divergent and convergent thinking in postmenopausal women". Neuropsychopharmacology. 28 (8): 1538–45. doi:10.1038/sj.npp.1300200. PMID 12784108. Unknown parameter
- van Anders SM, Watson NV (2007). "Testosterone levels in women and men who are single, in long-distance relationships, or same-city relationships". Horm Behav. 51 (2): 286–91. doi:10.1016/j.yhbeh.2006.11.005. PMID 17196592. Unknown parameter