|Richard White (CEO)
Connor Fee (COO)
Richard White realized he needed a more efficient way to monitor feedback from software users. So in 2006, he, created an online forum where they could provide ideas about a project he was designing. His method was inspired by Joel Spolsky, who advocated giving programmers a finite number of votes to prioritize software development. White asked users vote, instead of using programmers. White, together with Lance Ivy and Marcus Nelson, launched UserVoice in February 2008. An early adopter was Stack Overflow, run by Spolsky. UserVoice had 13 employees and 4,000 clients, with 23 million users participating by 2011.
||This article needs to be updated. (May 2016)|
UserVoice Feedback collects and prioritizes suggestions from customers as they list ideas and vote on them. In addition to the original website-style product, iPhone and Facebook apps are available to allow developers to collect feedback for mobile apps.
UserVoice HelpDesk is a support tool for tracking and responding to customer issues. Customers can thank the support person who responds to their ticket by giving them "kudos." The system employs gamification techniques to motivate support teams to provide high quality service. Help teams work within a system that displays each person's kudos in real-time. UserVoice HelpDesk also directs customers to relevant answers as they type questions.
- Wauters, Robin (December 4, 2008). "UserVoice Drops Beta Tag, Lets You Capture User Feedback". TechCrunch.
- Ha, Anthony. UserVoice Aims Beyond User Feedback NYTimes. May 5, 2011.
- Finley, Klint. 3 Trends in Idea Management ReadWriteWeb. September 1, 2010.
- Empson, Rip. Uservoice, Which Powers Customer Engagement Tools for Meebo, Hootsuite & More, Raises 1 Million TechCrunch. November 18, 2011.
- Atwood, Jeff. Podcast #30. Stack Overflow. November 19, 2008.
- Hopkins, Mark. UserVoice is My[Company]Idea Mashable. August 5, 2008.
- Kirkpatrick, Marshall. Why We Love UserVoice ReadWriteWeb. December 5, 2008.
- http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/SetYourPriorities.html Set Your Priorities
- EPISODE 5... Interview with UserVoice Co-founder, Scott Rutherford. StartupMarketing.TV. September 23, 2010. Archived March 3, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Aamoth, Doug. UserVoice Offers A Better Way To Take Customer Suggestions TechCrunch. April 20, 2008.
- Catone, Josh. 9 Web Apps for Gathering Customer Feedback Mashable. March 6, 2011.
- Reisinger, Don. 10 Ingenious Tools from Google Apps Marketplace eWeek. March 12, 2010.
- Kincaid, Jason. UserVoice Brings Its Customer Feedback Service to Facebook Pages TechCrunch. December 13, 2010.
- Finley, Klint. API of the Week: UserVoice API ReadWriteWeb. December 6, 2010.
- Finley, Klint. Can UserVoice Do What Fish! Can’t and Make Customer Service Fun ReadWriteWeb. March 2, 2011.
- Prestepino, Peter. UserVoice is Full Service-Kudos WebsiteMagazine. March 1, 2011.
- Carlson, Lauren. Gamification: The Key to Preventing Support Agent Burnout Software Advice.