Reply to Donner60 message that has been deleted by Donner60:
I am on my phone rather than my box but I am a well known editor in this area. Check the sources and leave the data. If you want to clean it up feel free it's tough to tag via iPhone. I'll tell you were I got my biochemistry degree and then my medical degree if you tell me where you got yours.
Yea, I don't profess to be even good at Wikipedia, but I know my biochem, neurochem, neurology, surgery and medicine. And I like history but don't contribute. I try and add little bits relevant to what I found to Wikipedia and cite it. It helps make it into a legitimate starting place for research. To have a FDA approved drug that possibly targets a ligand is huge. Much like the explosion in research on the sigma ligand following the release of gabapentin and lyrica and their proposed activity there. It's worth pointing out a possible connection even if it proves false.
How do in send messages?
- Thanks for the explanation. Your contributions are quite valuable. I would be quite remiss if I discouraged or hindered them. I am not sure why I did not check that for a link or put in a milder message. In retrospect it simply looked a little incomplete. Not vandalism even then. Again, I am sorry for the mistake. Are you sure you wanted to remove my deletion from view? If so, why not delete the earlier message as well? I am not sure what your further question is. It seems that you left something out. Donner60 (talk) 04:03, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
I can't get any thing to work properly here on IPhone. No I did not mean to delete that. If like to also site the other two drugs cited in that paper but its not worth the effort it's currently taking me. Gotta be up a 4 for rounds anyway. Hooray ICU.... Thanks for your help and understanding. The next time I'm on and on my computer I'll get you to show me some of the wizardry you do via Wikipedia. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:09, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
- I have taken the liberty of deleting my first message from view and recaptioning this section of the page. The edit history shows that I deleted it already with the strike through so it is just as well to delete the entirety from view. It will not appear as if it is being hidden.
- I would be glad to give you any help or information I can. I have been writing articles and reviewing recent changes for three years. So I have picked up a little knowledge although I must say that I still must look up some of the more complicated formatting and some of the policies.
- The various policies, guidelines, templates, tips, instructions, etc. in Wikipedia are found in so many articles and essays, it can be frustrating to try to find, much less learn, it all. Even the Manual of Style is divided into many different pages. Visual editor is supposed to make it easier to edit. I find that I am using the old method because I am accustomed to the footnoting and referencing. One trick is to find an article or part of an article which is set up in the way you want your edit, copy it, then change the words. I have done that with tables a few times. Not very high tech.
- If you wish to contact me, put on message on my talk page User talk:Donner60. My online times vary but it is unusual for me not to be working in Wikipedia at least for a short time most days of the week. I try to remember to put a message on my user page and even the talk page if I know I am going to be offline for more than 2 or 3 days, which is not often. I am the one who made the mistake so I appreciate your understanding. Donner60 (talk) 04:30, 23 July 2013 (UTC)