Hello, 220.127.116.11. We welcome your contributions to Wikipedia, but if you are affiliated with some of the people, places or things you have written about on Wikipedia, you may have a conflict of interest or close connection to the subject.
All editors are required to comply with Wikipedia's neutral point of view content policy. People who are very close to a subject often have a distorted view of it, which may cause them to inadvertently edit in ways that make the article either too flattering or too disparaging. People with a close connection to a subject are not absolutely prohibited from editing about that subject, but they need to be especially careful about ensuring their edits are verified by reliable sources and writing with as little bias as possible.
If you are very close to a subject, here are some ways you can reduce the risk of problems:
- You need not declare your conflict of interest, but we recommend it.
- Do not edit articles about yourself, your organization, or your competitors. Do not edit related articles. (Exceptions.)
- Post suggestions and sources on the article's talk page, or create a draft in your user space.
- Your role is to summarize, inform and reference — not to promote, sell, or whitewash.
- If writing a draft, write without bias, as if you don't work for the company or personally know the subject.
- Have us review your draft.
- Work with us and we'll work with you.
For information on how to contribute to Wikipedia when you have a conflict of interest, please see our frequently asked questions for organizations. Thank you. --Matthiaspaul (talk) 13:50, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- Note to other editors: Over the past years, the following users (User talk:18.104.22.168, User talk:22.214.171.124, User talk:126.96.36.199, User talk:Mike willaims) have repeatedly inserted Saikat Nick Barua, Dipak Barua and Dilip Barua and companies related to them like DC group of Companies, DC Enterprises, T.K Group of Industries, T.K. Group, KANBE Pte Ltd, and Esmod into articles such as:
- List of programmers, List of Young Global Leaders, List of Yale University people, Barua, List of Bangladeshi people, List of management consulting firms, List of Bengalis, Bangladesh, Kobe, Hyōgo Prefecture, Dhaka, Bengali literature, Political consulting, Chittagong, Esmod, Norton AntiVirus, List of companies of Bangladesh, List of Rice University people, Kawran Bazar. --Matthiaspaul (talk) 13:50, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an IP user, identified by the user's IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an IP user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other IP users. Registering also hides your IP address.