- "You can't publish IRC logs" - who says? where?
- "Edit war" - why are you ignoring the 'edit-warring' by other parties such as "Home Lander"?
- Wales said, "I strongly support that all the IRC channels should be firmly under general community control," 
- So - do your job?
- 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:53, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- It literally says at the top of both channels you were in "NO PUBLIC LOGGING". #wikipedia-en-help, #wikimedia. CHRISSYMAD ❯❯❯¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 22:57, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- Is that a wikipedia policy? 18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:59, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- Are you claiming that the IRC channel is official? If so, great; I can appeal the ban to you right?
- If not, then how the fuck are you claiming their 'rules' apply to you?
- Make your mind up. Is it official, or officially unofficial? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:00, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- "Each channel is autonomous and in general there is no appeal from a decision by the operators of that channel to an outside body"
- "It is the policy of some channels that you should not post logs on the wiki, or circulate them without permission from those involved; rather, if a matter requires logs then please obtain permission before circulating or publicizing them, and if in doubt ask a channel operator or other experienced user for advice."
Doing so is publishing personal information without permission. I've supppressed it. While I don't care if you ask for help on WP:AN, continually reposting logs from IRC, when you've been told by someone you can't do it, and reverted by 3-4 different people, is disruptive. --Floquenbeam (talk) 23:01, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- "This help page is a how-to guide. It details processes or procedures of some aspect or aspects of Wikipedia's norms and practices. It is not one of Wikipedia's policies or guidelines, as it has not been thoroughly vetted by the community."
- Floq, that should have absolutely no affect on your banning me. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:05, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- Ah. A returning blocked/banned user. I should have guessed. Thanks User:Courcelles for saving me from wasting my time further. --Floquenbeam (talk) 23:11, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an IP user, identified by the user's IP address. Many IP addresses change periodically, and are often shared by several users. If you are an IP user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other IP users. Registering also hides your IP address.