Here are some tips to help you get started:
- To sign your posts (on talk pages, for example) use the '~' symbol. To insert just your name, type ~~~ (3 tildes), or, to insert your name and timestamp, use ~~~~ (4 tildes).
- Try the Tutorial, and feel free to experiment in the test area.
- If you need help, post a question at the Help Desk
- Eventually, you might want to read the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines.
- Remember Wikipedia:Neutral point of view
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Thanks for the welcome and the tips Aeconley 22:25, 3 Dec 2004 (UTC)
It's shorthand for "revert." I use it when I reset a page back to an earlier version. Aeconley 01:40, 4 Dec 2004 (UTC)
It seems User:184.108.40.206 is gone now, so I won't block the IP. Don't want to hit innocent people on the same IP. Feel free to contact me if he returns. [[User:MacGyverMagic|Mgm|(talk)]] 19:41, Dec 4, 2004 (UTC)
- Thanks, I figured they were gone and reverted their last damage. That article had been vandalized out of that IP range before, so I suspect they'll be back (it's a school, so it could be anyone, including, as you say an innocent.) Aeconley 03:28, 5 Dec 2004 (UTC)