|Has your Articles for Creation submission been declined? Wait!
Please read the common reasons that your submission may have been declined before posting any questions about your declined submission. Most of the concerns and questions you may have can be answered there. If you still have questions, feel free to leave a message, though I may not be able to reply swiftly.
|This is Aerospeed's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Aerospeed.|
- 1 Submission declined for article Jackson Yi
- 2 Sample Magic Page
- 3 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 4 01:36:20, 6 August 2015 review of submission by Ahurvitz2
- 5 Helene Breschand's noateability
- 6 article as part of leiden university's page
- 7 Draft: Special Committee for Transparency and Accessiblity of Govt. Information
- 8 08:48:07, 24 August 2015 review of submission by Jnishimoura
- 9 Peter R Hemming
- 10 Opinion on article edited after being declined
- 11 Peter R Hemming
- 12 Your GA nomination of Coat of arms
- 13 Submission Declined - Depart Foundation
Submission declined for article Jackson Yi
Hi Aerospeed, I noticed that my article was declined for lack of references, which was unexpected and confusing to me. My article has around 60 sources, including news/reports published by Tencent and Sina, which are both among the most authoritative influential media and entertainment companies in China. This is my first time creating a wikipedia article and it would be really helpful if you could let me know which of my sources are not verifiable?
Sample Magic Page
Regards the article that was declined - is it because the information we have already presented needs further verification? Or do you require us to put together something more "notable". Would these type of citations be of use or are they too "advertorial"?
Magic AB is a big name in the sampling industry.
For what it is worth, there are existing pages that mention Sample Magic already that we wanted to link from once this article goes live, those being:
Any assistance is much appreciated.
- @Dave ashworth: Unfortunately the sources you gave are not suitable to determine notability. The first one just mentions the company, while the other does talk about it in a bit of a promotional sense. Promotional sources can be used if notability is established, but can't be used to establish notability by themselves because they are not in a neutral point of view, especially in a promotional article, when the article says that the company is the most important thing in the world. I'm encouraged of the fact that you're starting to notice what makes a source promotional in tone, so that you can know what makes a good source for establishing notability. In terms of the company, I'm afraid that there simply isn't enough notability because the company isn't well known enough, but in terms of your editing skills, they definitely seem to be improving. Keep up the good work. Aerospeed (Talk) 12:23, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for this, we have done some more research and think the following citations will help, but want to run them by you first before editing the article.
One link that is mentioned in the existing article is this one:
we felt this was notable in terms of a 3rd party who are big in the industry were doing a feature on them - and these guys themselves are notable:
Sample Magic were featured on this site:
Which is a citation on the creator's wiki page:
They've contributed towards the new Splice platform service:
and have been featured by the following prominent industry magazines (each of which have their own wiki page):
If these are deemed notable, will edit the article accordingly.
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
SuggestBot predicts that you will enjoy editing some of these articles. Have fun!
|14||1.0||Formula LGB Hyundai (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|133||2.0||Sport in China (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|499||3.0||Olympic sports (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|191||1.0||Stock car racing (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|267||1.0||12 (number) (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|174||2.0||Sports car racing (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|15||1.0||Pro FWD (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|1||3.0||Max D. Liston (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||Cleanup|
|57||2.0||Concerns and controversies at the 2014 Winter Olympics (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Cleanup|
|110||3.0||Women's sports (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Expand|
|841||2.0||Coat of arms (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Expand|
|53||1.0||FIA GT3 European Championship (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Expand|
|25||1.0||Gail Trimble (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|110||1.0||Baja Bug (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Merge|
|6||3.0||Burnett of Leys (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Merge|
|48||1.0||Ural Automotive Plant (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|27||1.0||Chris Atkinson (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|3||1.0||Alejandro Fernández (racing driver) (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|7||1.0||B'z (album) (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|14||1.0||Formula C (SCCA) (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|8||1.0||Yury Kendysh (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|16||1.0||Formula Lightning (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|29||1.0||Top Alcohol (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|2||1.0||Moskvitch G2 (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information. For more information about the columns and categories, please consult the documentation and please get in touch on SuggestBot's talk page with any questions you might have.
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. Your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping.
01:36:20, 6 August 2015 review of submission by Ahurvitz2
I have made major improvements to my submission, correcting grammar and formatting the entire document.
But now I seem to have a new hurdle, as a reviewer says " It should be noted that the page creator has stated they are being advised by Grossman on how to create the page." Sulfurboy (talk) 23:37, 5 August 2015 (UTC)
This is not true at all. I am writing this factually, truthfully and objectively.
I hope that I am on the right track in getting this approved.
Helene Breschand's noateability
The article I wrote was declined saying that the subject was not noteable enough, however she is a musician at the very top of her field and very well recognized in the French music industry. All of the references I used were the top websites about contemporary music in France. As contemporary music is a much smaller field than say pop music, it may seem that she is not very well known, however it is impossible to play at places higher up in the contemporary music world than where she plays and has played, and with the musicians and composers with whom she has played and written for. She travels around the world to Japan and New York and is very well known in the contempoarary music world and this is why I wanted to write about her, because she is extraordinary and at the top. I know the links are sometimes in French, but there is no higher form of referencing a contemporary musicain. Please let me know what else you would like me to do as she can't go higher in her field and therer is therefore no higher referencing in this field.
article as part of leiden university's page
Thanks for reviewing my article. You said it should be part of Leiden University's page, instead of being its own page - fair enough. I think you mean it should be in this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leiden_University#Research_schools_and_affiliated_institutes The Leiden Institute of Physics (LION) is in that list.
You can click on some other institutes on that list, which directs you to their page. So we can do the same for LION. However, I'm not sure how to do that without creating LION's own page.
- @ErikNatuurkunde: You could try to merge it with the history section, given that two members have won Nobel Prizes, so that would be a good way to expand on that section, which has been tagged as such. Aerospeed (Talk) 15:22, 19 August 2015 (UTC)
Draft: Special Committee for Transparency and Accessiblity of Govt. Information
Hi Aerospeed, Thank you for helping to review my submission. I was wondering what steps I need to take to have it meet the "notability requirements". What suffices? Links to news articles about the committee? Something else? Thank you for your time.
08:48:07, 24 August 2015 review of submission by Jnishimoura
You declined my draft: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Jacques_Habra due to insufficient third party sources. I'm a bit confused as of the 35 citations, only 1 does not fully meet the independent third party source criteria. Please advise as this individual has been instrumental in the development of key technologies and has earned notable regard by the sector over his career.
Peter R Hemming
I appear to have had my draft rejected albeit the company Fiverr had informed me it was approved. They asked for information to back up my profile and as most of my career was prior to the internet era I forwarded to them a series of PDF informative items which they said backed up the claims I had. How can we resolve the issues? I just don't have a vast amount of information on the web. Thank you
- @220.127.116.11: Do you know where the edit was that said it was approved? Please check your contributions (located in the top right corner) either with your IP or any account you have created.
- Also keep in mind, the reason why your submission was declined is because the article is about a living person, but there's no inline citations, so the verifiability is unclear. Please see the page on Bios on living people for more information. Thank you. Aerospeed (Talk) 21:33, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
Opinion on article edited after being declined
Can you please make suggestions to this article before resubmitting? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Omar_E._Garc%C3%ADa-Bol%C3%ADvar
Peter R Hemming
Unclear if this is the right place to continue text. Fiverr took all my information, my references were mainly in PDF format of articles, references and sundry associated with myself. Newspaper articles, long lost ( we are talking 40 years ago) etc and on receipt I was informed they were satisfactory for submission. Then I was provided a link as a draft. It was shown as submitted July 10th. 2015. This is the link still on the page: Categories: AfC submissions by date/10 July 2015 However I discovered the other day that although it appeared to be submitted there was another step. That when you rejected it. I have asked for NEW links to be added as references, simply the articles, references etc to be put into a web page format and submitted individually so you can see the items online. I would hope this will work. how about this:
Your GA nomination of Coat of arms
The article Coat of arms you nominated as a good article has failed ; see Talk:Coat of arms for reasons why the nomination failed. If or when these points have been taken care of, you may apply for a new nomination of the article. LavaBaron (talk) 12:03, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
Submission Declined - Depart Foundation
Can you elaborate on why you think this topic does not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines? Is it simply a matter of not citing enough objective sources? I've added a citation to an art guide published by BMW that discusses Depart in a dedicated page. Is there a problem with the kind of sources used? I'd love to hear specific feedback on what can be improved, because the foundation itself seems to be notable enough, especially compared to other similar foundations (The Moving Museum, Machine Project, Pioneer Works). If there's anything that can be added/removed to help please let me know. Thank you! LAProjectSpace (talk) 20:25, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
- Hello @LAProjectSpace: Sorry for the late response, I've been completely saddled with college work here. In reference to your article submission, my main issue is that the notability is questionable. Although there are references such as the LA Times and UCLA, the majority of them (or at least, the notable ones) mention an exhibiton held there in 2011, but hardly talk about the organization itself. There is enough sources, now that I look at it, that it could very well pass if the article was more well-written.
- My suggestions are to first remove the "Exhibitions", "Publications", "Special Projects" and "Collections" sections entirely (and maybe perhaps add a bit of info on the exhibitons and publications in the history category), as it just confuses the reader. Remember, this article is about the organization, not specifically the exhibitons held there. Secondly, take your "further reading" section and move it to the end of the article, and whittle down the links to maybe three or four that you think are the best ones there. Thirdly, expand on the history section and talk about the organization, but be careful not to make the prose sound too promotional. Neutrality is key when writing articles. And overall, the best advice I can give is to be patient, as writing articles can sometimes take a lot of work to do well. Keep up the good work and you'll get the submission accepted. Aerospeed (Talk) 12:17, 26 September 2015 (UTC)