Your recent edits
Hi there. In case you didn't know, when you add content to talk pages and Wikipedia pages that have open discussion, you should sign your posts by typing four tildes ( ~~~~ ) at the end of your comment. If you can't type the tilde character, you should click on the signature button located above the edit window. This will automatically insert a signature with your name and the time you posted the comment. This information is useful because other editors will be able to tell who said what, and when. Thank you! --SineBot (talk) 05:15, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks, Those were some good edits, I now better understand who Ali Mirzad is. Blackskyshining (talk) 06:00, 2 April 2009 (UTC) As far as I know it's off.Blackskyshining (talk) 22:04, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
Hello, and welcome to Wikipedia!
I hope not to seem unfriendly or make you feel unwelcome, but I noticed your username, and I am concerned that it might not meet Wikipedia's username policy for the following reason: Misleading username implies that this user is the government of Afghanistan. After you look over that policy, could we discuss that concern here?
I'd appreciate learning your own views, for instance your reasons for wanting this particular name, and what alternative username you might accept that avoids raising this concern.
You have several options freely available to you:
- If you can relieve my concern through discussing it here, I can stop worrying about it.
- If the two of us can't agree here, we can ask for help through Wikipedia's dispute resolution process, such as requesting comments from other Wikipedians. Wikipedia administrators usually abide by agreements reached through this process.
- You can keep your contributions history under a new username. Visit Wikipedia:Changing username and follow the guidelines there.
Hi there, thank you for the welcome note. and I don't think you are unfriendly. In fact you're helping me to learn this site. I guess it's pretty obviouse that I am not much of an expert in this whole service or the internet for that matter. I only had chosen that user id since the article is about an afghan politician.. and quite honestly I was too lazy to think of another user id. But as per your command I read the wikipedia Username policy and have changed mine in accordance to that policy. I appoligize for asking this, but are you the System Administrator of this site?
Once again my appologies for the "misleading" username.
- Hey there; welcome to Wikipedia! Well, to be honest, it doesn't really matter where you post a reply, whether it be on your own userpage or mine. Generally, as a rule of thumb, it is best to post on their userpage, as the person whom gives the message might forgot where he post it ;) And no, I'm not the "System Administrator". In fact, there are over 1000 administrators. For more information, see this. BTW, as you might want to change your username, read this to help change it. This policy is a pretty good guideline for choosing a username :D Happy editing! Cheers. I'mperator 20:52, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
I am afraid that the other editor is correct to remove the content from that article , it is excessive I agree with its removal, please be careful not to repeatedly reinsert it as you will risk a report, it is better that you discuss with the editor and address his issues with the article. Off2riorob (talk) 22:34, 11 January 2010 (UTC)
- Having looked at all the references in the article it seems that Mirzad is not mentioned in any of them. If you have any sources to add that actually support the text of the article please could you add them soon, otherwise it is likely that this article will be deleted. Thanks. hablo. 12:50, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
Articles for deletion nomination of Ali Mirzad
I have nominated Ali Mirzad, an article that you created, for deletion. I do not think that this article satisfies Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion, and have explained why at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Ali Mirzad. Your opinions on the matter are welcome at that same discussion page; also, you are welcome to edit the article to address these concerns. Thank you for your time.
Please contact me if you're unsure why you received this message. hablo. 20:28, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
Welcome to Wikipedia. The that you made to the page Ali Mirzad has been reverted, as it appears to be unconstructive. Please use the sandbox for testing any edits; if you believe the edit was constructive, please ensure that you provide an informative edit summary. You may also wish to read the introduction to editing for further information. Thank you. Shirik (Questions or Comments?) 05:29, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
Questions re Ali Mirzad
Hi Jamshid. Couple of questions for you:
- Is Ali Mirzad known by any other names?
- Are there perhaps alternative spellings of his name in English?
- Was his book written in English? If not what is the title in Dari/Pashto?
Cheers hablo. 16:57, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
Hi. This article has now been deleted. If you wish to work on it further, you can contact one of the . The article can be e-mailed to you, or a copy provided in your user space (ie at User:JamshidAwal/Ali Mirzad), where it will not show up in Google searches.
Please don't move it back into mainspace without some really good sources though, otherwise it will be deleted again.
hablo. 14:31, 19 January 2010 (UTC)