I'm busy and will be editing infrequently. Please allow me some time to respond to queries.
|27 February 2017|
- 1 Yo Ho Ho
- 2 Article : Nathalie Obadia (french and english version)
- 3 Happy New Year, Airplaneman!
- 4 El Maipes necropolis, Agaete
- 5 Advertising?
- 6 WP:RFPP
- 7 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 8 Chicago Meetup at Sulzer Regional Library!
- 9 On this day, 9 years ago...
- 10 Requesting to create wikipedia page of Eshal Fayyaz
- 11 American Dental Association
- 12 Chicago Meetup reminder
- 13 User talk:FreeatlastChitchat
- 14 Deleted Articles
- 15 Hey
- 16 Publishing a page
Yo Ho Ho
Article : Nathalie Obadia (french and english version)
I would like wikipedia to keep the modification I make for the sheet "NATHALIE OBADIA" in french version and in english version. I am working as press coordinator for the Galerie Nathalie Obadia and it is very important to keep the new texts I uploaded.
French link : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathalie_Obadia the right version of the text is here : https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nathalie_Obadia&oldid=133119871
English link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathalie_Obadia the right version of the text is here : https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nathalie_Obadia&oldid=757236245
Please confirm me asap the articles will stay like this, it is very important for us.
Happy New Year, Airplaneman!
Hi flier, thanks for the review, only just coming back here so haven't seen it before and btw Happy new year to you (the capital here being used as a marker for a set expression which is nevertheless sincere as there aren't that many truly polite ppl here - at least they unfortunately don't look like the majority that they actually make up, altogether.
You've respectfully (ta!) asked me what I think about a capital to "necropolis" even though it's not the first word of the sentence, here it is :
1) if I wanted to do that I'd have been born German;
2) I have utterly bad feelings about misplaced capitalisation in general coz it strengthens the institutionalisationist brain-wash, got to make up a new work for it coz it's gone onto a new, so far unexperimented level as humanity's gone into the 3rd millenium and I sure do NOT like that at all;
3) It's done now.
4) It's your world now, am nearly gone from it and this time I think I won't come back to it otherwise than as a visitor. So you choose - and you'll be the one to have to deal with the consequences; so good luck to you with all my heart and soul coz I passionately love this planet, there ain't many like it despite what some'd like us to believe. In fact it's bloody unique. So are each language's idiosyncrasies, and there is no good reason to stick capitals all over the place when it's nothing to do with the rules of a particular language and everything to do with the bad habit of trying to make things look more important than they are - a common trait of political correctness, and as you can see from your own way it's highly contagious. I most sincerely hope that you'll cure yourself from it, but if you don't, no worry: not only you won't be alone, but you'll be right up there with its mostly-self-elected elite. Let's be very clear coz my way of saying things is, as the name says, basic and therefore crude: i really have nothing bad against you for it, all the contrary you are very sympathique, as we say in french. (After I wrote that,) i had a qwik look at your page, found this: "This user knows that Wikipedia has become too Bureaucratic". Here we go, proof by A + B : capital to the bureaucratic. That says it all - including that you're trying to fight it. GOOD for you, and to my eyes there is no better reason than that one for wishing you All The Best For The New Year :DD
So long ;) Basicdesign (talk) 13:37, 5 January 2017 (UTC)
According to the definitions as noted in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertising https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promotion_%28marketing%29
I fail to see how informing users that they can easily upgrade to the latest OS with the assistance of existing free software can be considered "to be advertising" though I can see how this can be considered "for promotional purposes". Any writing is in itself an expression of an idea or thought, which is a promoting that idea or thought. Then logically if "for promotional purposes" is to be against what wikipedia allows, then this is in very violation of wikipedia's existance - the sharing and spreading of knowledge.
- Requested fpr unprotection of template:Infobox lacrosse player. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 10:44, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:36, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Chicago Meetup at Sulzer Regional Library!
Hey there! I'm hosting a meetup at the at the Sulzer Regional Library on Saturday March 25th from 12 PM to 4:30 PM. You're welcome to come and work together with other editors on articles or other contributions, get to know other editors around Chicago, and ask any questions you might about using or contributing to Wikipedia. Food will be available, and we'll likely go out for dinner afterwards as a group. If you're interested in joining us, please RSVP at the event page here! Thanks, I JethroBT drop me a line 20:23, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
On this day, 9 years ago...
- @Lepricavark: Thank you—and way to make me feel old! I think 9 years ago, I would have been tempted to use Comic Sans as well :p. Cheers, Airplaneman ✈ 04:56, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
Requesting to create wikipedia page of Eshal Fayyaz
This is Jahanzaib ahmed, from pakistan,Karachi i would like you to considering the page of Eshal Fayyaz, she has done 3 Drama Serials and 1 Telefilm Recently and am not able to find anything about her on Wikipedia.org
American Dental Association
I am looking for a local Chicago Wikipedian to help assist the American Dental Association in editing Wikipedia. Do you know of any volunteers interested? Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 02:27, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Doc James: Thanks for the heads-up. We are working on creating a user group here in Chicago, so hopefully we'll have a more centralized method of outreach soon. I'm willing to help out! Airplaneman ✈ 04:52, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
Hey there! Just a reminder that the Meetup is today at the Sulzer Regional Library from 12 - 4:30 PM. Please look for the Community Room off to the right when you walk in the front entrance. Thanks! I JethroBT drop me a line 12:20, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
- @NeilN: Sorry for the delayed response. Here's the RFPP request. I wouldn't object if someone unprotected the page. It does seem like the "grave dancing" had been a multi-month issue, but yea, indefinite semi-protection may have been a bit heavy-handed. Airplaneman ✈ 18:50, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
Hello, I am currently re-drafting two articles that got deleted. I was wondering if you would be able to send me the two deleted articles to assist in my re-drafting process?
The two articles are:
Asset Management eXpert (AMX)
Publishing a page
Hi We wanted to publish a page with the following text but it's been deleted. This is because our username is the same as the article. It's one of our first edits on Wikipedia. Not sure if you can help or let us know how to publish the page. The text is below. Many Thanks
Mangera Yvars Architects Mangera Yvars Architects (MYAA) is a London and Barcelona based international architectural design studio.
The office designed The Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies for Qatar Foundation at Education City Doha. The building was opened by Moza bint Nasser in 2015. The project won an award at The World Architecture Festival in 2015 in the category of best religious project. — Preceding unsigned comment added by MYAA ARCHITECTS (talk • contribs) 01:48, 29 April 2017 (UTC)