- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Geology of the United States and Geology of North America were moved back from Al Climbs' user space to the same titles in main space. See User talk:Al Climbs#Move for my reasoning. Let me know if there are still any loose ends. Feel free to start a new move discussion if needed. The IP below said something about reverting a 2008 move but that probably needs a longer explanation. EdJohnston (talk) 00:09, 21 April 2013 (UTC) EdJohnston (talk) 00:09, 21 April 2013 (UTC)
- Moving user draft in article namespace Al Climbs (talk) 16:31, 20 April 2013 (UTC) I have messed up here. I wrote a draft of this article, where one already existed but needed a rewrite. I did not realize that a simple move was out of the question, and I attempted to move the current article into user space, so it could be rewritten itself. Now, both are in user space and I can move neither the draft that I wrote nor the original article back into the proper spot in article space. I did not realize that this was a complicated move. --Al Climbs (talk) 16:31, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- I'm now discussing this at User talk:Al Climbs. EdJohnston (talk) 17:19, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- Geology of North America now has 2 edits, and redirects to User:Al Climbs/Geology of the United States. This move is being discussed at User talk:Al Climbs#Move. Anthony Appleyard (talk) 22:05, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- Strong oppose please restore the article back to where it was. This is wholesale replacement of one article by another by moving things into your userspace for no good reason. -- 184.108.40.206 (talk) 22:49, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- Comment the correct procedure is a WP:RM multimove to move the old GeoNA to GeoUS (reversion of the 2008 move), and then move your draft article into GeoNA. So, this should all revert to the status quo ante. -- 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:56, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.