Why Was My Article Deleted?
That's the question you are probably asking yourself right now. Well, there are a couple reasons your article could have been deleted.
- It may not have met the General notability guideline. This is the guideline that all articles must meet before they can be included on Wikipedia.
- It may not have been notable. If a subject isn't notable, it isn't included. Your little brother's garage rock band with 5 fans isn't notable, but Metallica...that's notable.
- It may not have been verifiable. If an article doesn't have several third-party reliable sources, it can be deleted as original research.
- It may have been advertising. Any page about a company of any sort must meet strict guidelines so it isn't considered advertisting. A page about the local quickie-mart is probably advertising and also probably not notable.
- We welcome articles written as part of school assigments. Note that if your article is part of a school project, it must still meet our requirements. It might be useful for your project to be registered at the School and university projects WikiProject, and you can look there for some help specifically with your school-related project.
To create an article, first, please read WP:FIRST. This page is about creating your first article. Then get all the information you can on the subject. Create the article first in userspace (on a subpage of your userpage) so it won't get deleted before you are finished. Add all the information, references, reliable sources and more to the page. Make sure it meets the General notability guideline. If you aren't sure, ask an admin, they will be glad to help. Then move it to where you want it in mainspace (on the Wikipedia). From there, keep it updated with pertinent updated information, so the article doesn't become stale. When in doubt with anything, ask the Help desk or an admin. Hope this helps...Neutralhomer • Talk • 09:11, 31 August 2011 (UTC)