User talk:Alborzagros/Archive 6
- 1 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Domenico Ghirlandaio - Portrait of a Man.jpg
- 2 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Domenico ghirlandaio, ritratto di nonno con nipote.jpg
- 3 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/George Sand by Nadar, 1864.jpg
- 4 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Claude Monet, Le Grand Canal.jpg
- 5 .
- 6 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Religion saved by Spain.jpg
- 7 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Fragonard - François-Henri d'Harcourt.jpg
- 8 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Jean-Honoré Fragonard - The Stolen Kiss.jpg
- 9 Next
- 10 Pst
- 11 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/526452-Fort Pampus.jpg
- 12 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/William-Adolphe Bouguereau - Gabrielle Cot - Sotheby's.jpg
- 13 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Willem van de Velde II - Dutch men-o'-war and other shipping in a calm.jpg
- 14 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Battle of Scheveningen (Slag bij Ter Heijde)(Jan Abrahamsz. Beerstraten).jpg
- 15 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Glacier Point at Sunset, Yosemite NP, CA, US - Diliff.jpg
- 16 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Papilio demodocus larva Stratford Butterfly Farm (1).jpg
- 17 Iranian toman
- 18 Tabiat Bridge
- 19 Disambiguation link notification for April 22
- 20 Recent category you created ;)
- 21 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Opel Olympia Rekord P1 Kombi 2012-09-01 14-29-57.JPG
- 22 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Bienenwabe mit Eiern und Brut 5.jpg
- 23 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Nowruz Zoroastrian.jpg
- 24 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Tadrart01.JPG (2nd time)
- 25 Renom-co-nom
- 26 Jumuah photo
- 27 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Abraxas sylvata - Pargi-tähnikvaksik Keila.jpg
- 28 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Kovalev v Szilagyi 2013 Fencing WCH SMS-IN t194135.jpg
- 29 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Abū l-Hasan Banīsadr IMG 2044 edit.jpg
- 30 Hudson's Soap advertisement
- 31 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Zeche Zollverein abends.jpg
- 32 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Borgund Stave Chuch in Lærdalen, 2013 June.jpg
- 33 Photo restorations
- 34 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Black-tailed Godwit Uferschnepfe.jpg
- 35 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Polypogon monspeliensis (1).jpg
- 36 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Albert Reiss LOC ggbain-25651.jpg
- 37 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Albert Reiss LOC ggbain-25651.jpg
- 38 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Aurier, Albert, BNF Gallica.jpg
- 39 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Archives of American Art - Irene Rice Pereira - 2322 CROPPED.jpg
- 40 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Taagepera kirik.jpg
- 41 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Väike-Maarja kirik 14-05-2013.jpg
- 42 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/The Leaning Tower of Pisa SB.jpeg
- 43 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Ágora, Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, Valencia, España, 2014-06-29, DD 58 Edit.jpg
- 44 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/IRA-1b-Imperial Bank of Persia-One Toman (1906).jpg
- 45 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Egretta thula at Las Gallinas Wildlife Ponds.jpg
- 46 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Aerial View - Goetheanum1.jpg
- 47 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Stielers Handatlas 1891 59.jpg - 2nd
- 48 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Mohsen Koochebaghi Tabrizi - 2010.JPG
- 49 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Sveti Stefan (06).jpg
- 50 a question
- 51 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Map of the night's march after Battle of Malvern Hill.jpg
- 52 Orphaned non-free image File:He Who Said No poster film.jpg
- 53 Banana production map
- 54 Misunderstanding :)
- 55 Disambiguation link notification for October 21
- 56 A page you started (Maddahi) has been reviewed!
- 57 List of mayors of Baghdad
- 58 Plant a few bugs
- 59 English modals of habits and past facts
Nowruz I asked if it was OK with you to share this Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Jean-Honoré Fragonard - The Stolen Kiss.jpg-nomination with me? I wrote an article, placed the picture in a lot of other articles too, was arguing for it and messing around with it - it feels like for ages. I also wrote up a lot of other articles to your other noms. Like a co-nom? Hafspajen (talk) 11:26, 22 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks my dear friend. Sorry I was in Nowruz holiday and couldn't answer to you soon. It took 17 days. I agree to you about text above. Alborzagros (talk) 07:25, 4 April 2015 (UTC)
- O, Nowruz - that's great fun. I was invited once, an it was the one of best party of my life - and that in spite of the fact that when nobody drunk alcohol at all. If you agree, you could simply add the Stolen kiss your nomination has been promoted green thing - to my page, and add like here, co-nom from Alborzagros ...Hafspajen (talk) 14:25, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
Now I was thinking of writing that article on Christ the gardener. Was thinking a lot, how, but I think even if the theme is interesting, but if I make that to general article, anyone can find something they like better and replace it. So I think I go for - Christ the gardener (Titian) - because - they can hardly replace it there - if own article. The Titian article has it but only in the gallery, I think own article is best. What do you think? We can re-nominate it. Ad a co-nom? Hafspajen (talk) 07:40, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- Hi I agree my friend. Alborzagros (talk) 07:44, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
A good choice, my friend, but this painting is already featured... File:Vincent Van Gogh - Corn Harvest in Provence - Google Art Project.jpg. Maybe you should remove it or something before somebody notice it. Hafspajen (talk) 08:29, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/William-Adolphe Bouguereau - Gabrielle Cot - Sotheby's.jpg
Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Willem van de Velde II - Dutch men-o'-war and other shipping in a calm.jpg
Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Battle of Scheveningen (Slag bij Ter Heijde)(Jan Abrahamsz. Beerstraten).jpg
Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Glacier Point at Sunset, Yosemite NP, CA, US - Diliff.jpg
Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Papilio demodocus larva Stratford Butterfly Farm (1).jpg
Would you mind translating the description of this file, and, if you have a chance, inserting it into the proper article(if space permits) in the Persian Wikipedia? Many thanks.--Godot13 (talk) 04:21, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
- I got interested in "National Numismatic Collection, National Museum of American History" to find more high quality coins. could you please link the website in which I could able to upload more Persian coins or bills. If you would like please add resource in this file . I need source because there is no text on the coin in which I see value of money (10 Tomans). Thank you so much Alborzagros (talk) 05:17, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
- Nice placement for the coin. There is no website really (not with high quality images). The banknote images I upload I have made myself at the National Numismatic Collection at the Smithsonian. The coin images I have gotten from them. I expect to be there again in about 3 weeks, and plan to look for early Persian/Iranian banknotes that I will upload. Is there anything specifically you are interested in that I can try and find for you?--Godot13 (talk) 05:34, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for explanation. If you are able to access there again, please upload more Persian coins or bills and every thing related to Iran. I will be thankful very very much. If you do that please leave me a message.
- I was at the Smithsonian and found their selection of Iranian paper currency very small. I found two better notes which I am working on cataloging before I upload them. They do not appear in most of the standard references. A 5 and 10 Mark German note (original series 1874, reissued in 1904) apparently issued as local currency during a German occupation of Persia in (I think) 1916-1918 with a red overprint in Farsi (?)...--Godot13 (talk) 05:15, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
This is an automated message from CorenSearchBot. I have performed a web search with the contents of Tabiat Bridge, and it appears to include material copied directly from http://www.archdaily.com/566387/tabiat-pedestrian-bridge-diba-tensile-architecture/.
It is possible that the bot is confused and found similarity where none actually exists. If that is the case, you can remove the tag from the article. The article will be reviewed to determine if there are any copyright issues.
If substantial content is duplicated and it is not public domain or available under a compatible license, it will be deleted. For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material. You may use such publications as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences. See our copyright policy for further details. (If you own the copyright to the previously published content and wish to donate it, see Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials for the procedure.) CorenSearchBot (talk) 06:41, 20 April 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited 2015 in science, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Nanotubes. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Recent category you created ;)
You recently created a category named Countries bordered by Caspian Sea. I was thinking about renaming it perhaps to Caspian littoral states. Its how the bordering nations are often called by organisations and during summits such as during the Caspian Sea Summits, which Iran, Azerbaijan and Russia etc hold.
What do you think about this? Let me know ;)
- Hi your phrase you suggested is so native and has got better meaning. I copied my phrase from template:Countries bordering the Persian Gulf with few changes. could you please rephrase and rename both category here: 'Category:Countries bordered by Persian Gulf' and 'Category:Countries bordered by Caspian Sea'? My country that I live there is between those waters Gulf and Caspian and your attrition is needed! (just for fun and kidding) thank you my friend. Alborzagros (talk) 06:40, 7 May 2015 (UTC)
I think you and Editør should renominate this...
Could you place your photo in the shia section? This is where it appropriately belongs. Also, its size needs to be decreased like the other photos—it is too big at the moment. Anyway, the photo is poor portrayal of anything to do with jumuah: it can be too readily mistaken for a political rally speech, and it lacks any sense of context, such as crowds, settings etc. Surely you can find a better pic!--188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:23, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
Hudson's Soap advertisement
I've put up a restoration, could you review your vote at Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Hudson's Soap advertisement and state which version you prefer? Adam Cuerden (talk) 18:49, 4 August 2015 (UTC)
Hey, since there's a couple nominated by you getting opposed because they weren't restored: I'm quite happy to help out, but would prefer to to be given some time before the nomination; let's me balance what I want to do and other things more easily. Cheers! =) Adam Cuerden (talk) 15:55, 5 August 2015 (UTC)
Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Archives of American Art - Irene Rice Pereira - 2322 CROPPED.jpg
Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Ágora, Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, Valencia, España, 2014-06-29, DD 58 Edit.jpg
Hello, The image A.Kh you have deleted has the CC licence and the website I have taken the image is the personal website of the author and is the original source of Image. I see no copyright problem in this image. please check again and unblock me. or let me know exactly what is the problem?!34tasbih (talk) 15:40, 27 September 2015 (UTC)
Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Map of the night's march after Battle of Malvern Hill.jpg
Orphaned non-free image File:He Who Said No poster film.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:He Who Said No poster film.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Banana production map
Hi, the map would be a useful addition to the article if you clarify (e.g. as per the footnote Banana#cite_note-Note1-72) exactly how the top 20 countries were derived. Because some countries distinguish "bananas" and "plantains" and some don't, only the combined data allows a comparison. How were the top 20 obtained? Peter coxhead (talk) 12:16, 11 October 2015 (UTC)
Hey! I firstly removed all your edits, but then, upon a second look, decided that many of them were pretty alright, so I reinstated almost all of them. No worries. Bests - LouisAragon (talk) 09:51, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Timeline of Sasanian Empire, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Tiridates. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
A page you started (Maddahi) has been reviewed!
Thanks for creating Maddahi, Alborzagros!
Wikipedia editor Mhhossein just reviewed your page, and wrote this note for you:
Hi, I noticed your new article. Please add some references in order to have it kept.
To reply, leave a comment on Mhhossein's talk page.
Learn more about page curation.
List of mayors of Baghdad
Plant a few bugs
You are the creator of this article, and - so far - the main contributor. You have also declared a professional level of English. Have you done it deliberately or by mistake? Here is an example of your statement :
thanks of you would put some times to answer to me