|This user talk page might be watched by friendly talk page stalkers, which means that someone other than me might reply to your query. Their input is welcome and their help with messages that I cannot reply to quickly is appreciated.|
- 1 Hello!
- 2 Allu1 for Draft:PLM Document Management System (DMS) in Engineering Industries
- 3 Jack Martin (Taekwon-Do)
- 4 Jack Martin (Taekwon-Do)
- 5 Seeking Guidance
- 6 When can I edit semi-protected articles
- 7 Jesse Helms
- 8 March 2017 WikiCup newsletter
- 9 Teahouse
- 10 Teahouse Invites
- 11 players name deletes often
Allu1 for Draft:PLM Document Management System (DMS) in Engineering Industries
Jack Martin (Taekwon-Do)
My name is Jack Martin and I am working with my sister to do a project based my history. If you read my page, this is the first time in 15 years that I am working with my sister to have a linear time line of my previous, non-brain injured life. It has been fun for us to work on this project together and is the first time I have ever done a wiki article. If you notice in the article most my wiki individuals already have a wiki referral page. Maybe I'm doing it backwards and I certainly need help in referencing numbers. I have had a editor Tom something, I apologize, I only can work in the present, that thinks I have benefit or financial aspirations for my intent. I'm sure people do. Having Primary and Secondary Head Injury, I am working on an article of which my sister and I know best. Me. I may not be doing it exactly correctly, but that is me in my sandbox. Any body or any organization I refer to verifies my past. There is not a Jack Martin (Taekwon-Do) of which has the experiences of which I am re-living and trying to share. I appreciate your help or Tom? on continuing to learn and work on future articles based on the experiences I've had in my life.
- @Jack Martin (Taekwon-Do): Hello Jack and my apologies for taking so long to answer you. The first thing I'd like for you to know is that although I personally do not necessarily agree 100% with it, Wikipedia strongly discourages extensively editing articles about yourself or those you have close connections to. With that, I'm afraid trying to write your own article will not be successful. My apologies. --AmaryllisGardener talk 04:35, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
Jack Martin (Taekwon-Do)
I did not know how to respond to TomStar81 (Talk) as I could not find a response box like this. I hope he has access to this and know I am trying hard and am figuring things out as best I can. I understand people can be deleted and that would be stressful for all the work I put in with Leslie.
Hi, What should I do when I come across a biographical article (like this) with almost zero sources, tons of peacock words, and the resemblance of a puffed up resume. After looking at the history of edits, the first edit popped out at me because it contained 8,739 bytes. Also, the accompanied summary of the edit stated, "created page with "Calvin...," who happens to be the topic of the biographical article. Since this article was clearly written mostly by the person himself, I am unsure of what I should do. Should I rewrite the page completely to follow the guidelines of a proper biographical article, take out the opinionated statements with zero citations, or do something else? As I would like to know what to do when I come across all future articles like this, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by Vxttrlsq5 (talk • contribs) 23:23, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
- @Vxttrlsq5: Hello, I see that that article is in terrible shape, and I would recommend a complete gut of the whole thing to start over, using reliable sources to back up all claims. When you're done, I'll check the article and see if there's anything I can do further. --AmaryllisGardener talk 04:29, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
When can I edit semi-protected articles
Dear AmaryllisGardener, When can a registered member make edits to a Semi-protected article? I became a registered user largely for this reason. My second question is if an article is semi-protected until a certain time such as February 19, can a registered user edit before then.
- @Brownstownbeast: Hello! To edit semi-protected pages, your account must be autoconfirmed. To be autoconfirmed, your account must have ten edits and be four days old. So, you'll be able to edit it in a few days. --AmaryllisGardener talk 17:53, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
- His faith has absolutely nothing to do with how he died, however, and our neutrality guidelines say we should just state the facts. He died; where he went afterwards is not our concern. Primefac (talk) 22:30, 20 February 2017 (UTC) (talk page stalker)
And so ends the first round of the competition, with 4 points required to qualify for round 2. It would have been 5 points, but when a late entrant was permitted to join the contest in February, a promise was made that his inclusion would not result in the exclusion of any other competitor. To achieve this, the six entrants that had the lowest positive score of 4 points have been added to the 64 people who otherwise would have qualified. As a result, some of the groups have nine contestants rather than eight. Our top four scorers in round 1 were:
- Cas Liber, last year's winner, led the field with two featured articles on birds and a total score of 674.
- Iry-Hor, a WikiCup newcomer, came next with a featured article, a good article and a tally of 282 bonus points for a score of 517. All these points came from the article Nyuserre Ini, an Ancient Egyptian pharaoh,
- 1989, another WikiCup newcomer, was in joint third place at 240. 1989 has claimed points for two featured lists and one good article relating to anime and comedy series, all of which were awarded bonus points.
- Peacemaker67 shared third place with five good articles and thirteen good article reviews, mostly on naval vessels. He is also new to the competition.
The largest number of DYKs have been submitted by Vivvt and The C of E, who each claimed for seven, and MBlaze Lightning achieved eight articles at ITN. Carbrera and Peacemaker67 each claimed for five GAs and Krishna Chaitanya Velaga was well out in front for GARs, having reviewed 32. No featured pictures, featured topics or good topics yet, but we have achieved three featured articles and a splendid total of fifty good articles.
So, on to the second round. Remember that any content promoted after the end of round 1 but before the start of round 2 can be claimed in round 2. Invitations for collaborative writing efforts or any other discussion of potentially interesting work is always welcome on the WikiCup talk page. Remember, if two or more WikiCup competitors have done significant work on an article, all can claim points equally.
If you are concerned that your nomination—whether it is a good article candidate, a featured process, or anything else—will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews. If you want to help out with the WikiCup, please do your bit to help keep down the review backlogs! Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. Good luck! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Godot13, Sturmvogel 66 and Cwmhiraeth 13:52, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
Hi there!! I was just invited to TeaHouse and was wondering what I need to do to 'join' I also want to thank you for the invitation (hostbot sent it) — Preceding unsigned comment added by ALG2004 (talk • contribs) 16:24, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- @ALG2004: Hi! If you're talking about "joining" the Teahouse, all you have to do is click "ask a question", that is, if you have something to ask. --AmaryllisGardener talk 16:27, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
Is it normal for Teahouse invites with the 'Thanks for contributing to Wikipedia' message to be given to vandalism only accounts? See here: Timmyj41's talk page.. I'm not sure if we're meant to thank vandals for their contributions. What is your stance on this? Thank you in advance. -=Troop=- (talk) 17:27, 23 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Trooper1005: Hello Trooper and thanks for the message. I do see this as a problem, as vandalism-only accounts are most often indefinitely blocked. However, I do not know how HostBot selects users to send invites to. --AmaryllisGardener talk 17:31, 23 March 2017 (UTC)
players name deletes often
Respected Authority ,
I am inputting a mandolin player's name but some one often deletes that name from the page.What to do ? — Preceding unsigned comment added by BhusanBBhaskar (talk • contribs) 09:26, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
- @BhusanBBhaskar: Hello. The list of mandolin players is limited to those with articles or references to them. If you decide to create an article about the mandolin player, ensure that they meet Wikipedia guidelines, especially notability and verifiability guidelines. --AmaryllisGardener talk 15:49, 25 March 2017 (UTC)