|1 2 3 4|
- Moving articles from English names
- You've surely heard enough of this
- Kronstadt and Mon Repos
- Kuolemajärvi, Leipäsuo, Myllypelto,...
- Imeni Karla Libknekhta, but Lieutenant Schmidt Bridge
- Jänisjärvi or Yanisyarvi, Aurora or Avrora?
- Richter or Rikhter?
- "Yanisyarvi", but Virmajärvi
- Why not Koyluoto?
Ἡ Βικιπαιδεία ἑλληνιστί
Hi there, I am contacting you here as this seems to be the wiki you are most active in. There is currently an ongoing proposal with regards to having an ancient Greek Wikipedia, accompanied by an active incubator wiki that has plenty of articles already. I thought I would let you know as you have an interest in ancient Greek, so you're more than welcome to participate if you find it worthwhile. Gts-tg (talk) 13:09, 17 March 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Marcus Aurelius Meditations (Bengali) in Wikisources
Hi, Andreas, I have found that there is a Bengali translation of Marcus Aurelius available in Wikisources (https://bn.wikisource.org/wiki/মার্কাস্_অরিলিয়সের_আত্মচিন্তা) and I wanted to add the information about it to the Marcus Aurelius Meditations (https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Meditations) (Q1152283) where there are links to various other national translations, and where some minutes earlier I have successfully added the Polish translation. But I wasn't able to, as I have received the message: "The link bnwikisource:মার্কাস্ অরিলিয়সের আত্মচিন্তা is already used by item Q26937308. You may remove it from Q26937308 if it does not belong there or merge the items if they are about the exact same topic." So I wanted to merge them. As per Help:Merge I should merge the newer (higher number) and having less items object to the older one, having more links (i.e. I should merge the Bengali Q26937308 to the English/Greek/French/Hebrew/Esperanto/Polish Q1152283) - I have tried but I couldn't do it, maybe I heve been doing something wrong, but it seems to me too complicated. Maybe you know how to do it? Please, do it. noychoH (talk) 12:26, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
- The problem was that there is an entry in Wikidata for the Bengali translation of the work, and the Wikisource article was linked to it. See wikidata:Q26937308 I removed that link and added a link at the generic wikidata record of the book. Andreas (T) 16:17, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Orphaned non-free image File:FPAHK Poster1.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:FPAHK Poster1.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 17:47, 20 June 2018 (UTC)
ArbCom 2018 election voter message
ArbCom 2018 election voter message
Category:Defunct newspapers of the Ottoman Empire
Hi! Wondering if Category:Defunct newspapers of the Ottoman Empire is supposed to apply to any newspaper from the empire that is now defunct, or if it's only newspapers that became defunct before the end of the empire in 1922? WhisperToMe (talk) 00:23, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- Interesting question. One could argue that Category:Defunct newspapers of the Ottoman Empire should be the intersection of Category:Defunct newspapers and Category:Newspapers published in the Ottoman Empire. The latter is a subcategory of Category:Defunct newspapers and Category:Newspapers by country. Accordingly, the category contains any newspaper ever published in the empire that is now defunct. The problem here is that a newspaper that became defunct after the end of the empire in 1922 would be in at least two subcategories of Category:Newspapers by country and of Category:Defunct newspapers by country. For example, El Tiempo (Istanbul) is in both Category:Defunct newspapers of Turkey and Category:Defunct newspapers of the Ottoman Empire.
- Category:Defunct newspapers of Czechoslovakia actually contains only newspapers that became defunct after the dissolution of Czechoslovakia, and does not intersect with either Category:Defunct newspapers of the Czech Republic or Category:Defunct newspapers of Slovakia. So there is no consistency. Andreas (T) 01:15, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
ArbCom 2019 election voter message
Nomination for merging of Template:UE
Template:UE has been nominated for merging with Template:Uselanguage. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Thank you. Gonnym (talk) 13:52, 28 August 2020 (UTC)