Hello, Andy2513, and welcome to Wikipedia! My name is Yunshui, and as you already know I am your Online Ambassador for the UBC Human Ecology course. My job here is to help you to work within Wikipedia's policies and guidelines, to answer any questions that you have about editing here, and to act as your advocate in the (unlikely) event that you find yourself in a dispute with another user.
You are welcome to contact me at any time by leaving a message on my Wikipedia talkpage or by emailing me. I will usually respond to any messages within 24 hours (though I aim to be faster!), but if you need more immediate help, you can ask questions of experienced editors at The Teahouse or get live help via Wikipedia's IRC channel (connect here).
Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Introduction to Wikipedia
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page and How to develop articles
- Wikipedia's Simplified Manual of Style
- Basic Wikipedia Markup
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date. Once again, if you need help with any aspect of Wikipedia, please just ask; it's what I'm here for. Enjoy your course! Yunshui 雲水 08:54, 22 January 2014 (UTC)
- hey Andy my email is hidden from spambots by Yunshui i just realized that we have to hand in our proposal soon so how did you want to do this? i was thinking of doing the Lynn Valley Canyon and editing that page. What do you think? We need to submit the proposal today so we should figure this out ASAP.
Comments on your BIOL 345 proposal
Here are some comments and questions to keep in mind:
- Might all three subjects (the park, the ecology center, the suspension bridge) be combined as sections of one comprehensive Lynn Canyon Park page? Together they might make a very nice Wikipedia page.
- What sources of information will you use, besides information from the Ecology Center?
- What other Wikipedia pages will you link to?
- What other Wikipedia pages will you create links from, to your page?
- You should plan to go to the park and the Ecology Center and have a good look around. Take your own photos that you can use to illustrate your article. You may also be able to find photos on flickr and email the photographer for permission to use them.
- Please do your composing and editing in a Wikipedia sandbox. This will help build your familiarity with Wikipedia and will also allow me to keep an eye on your progress, offering help if I think it's appropriate.
Hey man i just wanted to check to see if you got my pictures that i sent you from the ecology center. I will be starting to edit my section on some of the animals in the area if you want to focus on vegetation and such right now. Let me know!
I added some stuff to my sandbox about the ecology center so just check that out and lets just make edits on that one sandbox.