Welcome to my talk page. Archives can be found here.
- 1 Missing
- 2 Your article has been nominated for deletion (again)
- 3 ALUG
- 4 Award — Platinum Star
- 5 Implementation of Wikipedia:Bureaucrats#Bureaucrat activity requirements
- 6 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 7 Speedy deletion nomination of Template:Test intro
- 8 San Angelo listed at Redirects for discussion
- 9 Sydney Meetup next Thursday evening
- 10 Extended confirmed protection
- 11 Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
- 12 A new user right for New Page Patrollers
- 13 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 14 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 15 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 16 WikiProject Genealogy - newsletter No.1
- 17 Happy First Edit Day
- 18 Administrators' newsletter – March 2017
- 19 Administrators' newsletter – April 2017
- 20 Administrators' newsletter – May 2017
- 21 Capital of Holland listed at Redirects for discussion
- 22 Administrators' newsletter – June 2017
- 23 Administrators' newsletter – July 2017
- 24 Facto Post – Issue 2 – 13 July 2017
- 25 Administrators' newsletter – August 2017
- 26 Facto Post – Issue 3 – 11 August 2017
Your article has been nominated for deletion (again)
See Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Angela Beesley Starling (2nd nomination). Everymorning talk 17:42, 25 February 2015 (UTC)
- It would be useful if you could verify if your preference for deletion still stands, so we know whether WP:BLPREQUESTDELETE is relevant. CorporateM (Talk) 10:52, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
Dear Angela, since it is hard to contact you why you do not DELETE ALL the pages previous created ? Including you. That would be an advantage. My page created was for history since it was the first Linux User Group abroad Finland, the first big Debugging group for hardware and Software. The First Linux UserGroup in Antwerp who helped Linus Torvalds in the first years before firms came into the picture. Thanks for Deleting this wonderfull historic info!!! I have still a lot of historic info but since you like to delete I must save my info to the local Archive not consultative via internet ! Congratulations....
Patrick.Op de Beeck at gmail, Linux Pioneer, Chairman of ALUG till 2005
- Hello Patrick. I think you are referring to the ALUG article, which I deleted in 2011. Articles on the English Wikipedia need to be written in English and need to meet certain notability requirements and reliable sources would be required if you wanted to recreate an article on this topic. You may want to read the help page about writing your first article. Angela (talk) 11:32, 12 June 2015 (UTC)
Award — Platinum Star
Hi Angela. I recently returned to Wikipedia after an 8-year hibernation ... only to find that you don't seem to be much around these days. But for all the work you did for so many years, I want to award you the Platinum Star. I was going to put it on your user page, but I'll respect your privacy there:-)
Implementation of Wikipedia:Bureaucrats#Bureaucrat activity requirements
You are receiving this message because you are listed at Wikipedia:Bureaucrats#Former bureaucrats. Writ Keeper pointed out that these users were not directly notified of the community discussion ending August 2015, where consensus was reached to remove the bureaucrat permissions of users who have not participated in bureaucrat activity for three years.
As of 1 October 2015, any former bureaucrat who has not participated in bureaucrat activity for three years that wishes their bureaucrat permissions restored will need to request reinstatement at RFB.
If you intend to return to bureaucrat activity, please request restoration of permissions before 1 October 2015 or three years passes since your last bureaucrat activity, whichever is later.
|“||Bureaucrats are expected to exercise the duties granted by their role while remaining cognizant of relevant community standards concerning their tasks. In addition to the "Inactive bureaucrat accounts" requirements, if a bureaucrat does not participate in bureaucrat activity for over three years, their bureaucrat permissions may be removed. The user must be notified on their talk page and by email one month before the removal, and again and a few days prior to the removal. If the user does not return to bureaucrat activity, another bureaucrat may request the removal of permissions at meta:Steward requests/Permissions. Permissions removed for not meeting bureaucrat activity requirements may be re-obtained through a new request for bureaucratship.
To assist with the implementation of this requirement, please see Wikipedia:Bureaucrat activity. Modeled after Wikipedia:Inactive administrators and similar to that process, the log page will be created on 1 September 2015. Bureaucrats who have not met the activity requirements as of that date will be notified by email (where possible) and on their talk page to advise of the pending removal.
If the notified user does not return to bureaucrat activity and the permissions are removed, they will need to request reinstatement at WP:RFB. Removal of access is procedural only, and not intended to reflect negatively upon the affected user in any way.
- Please note that any potential restoration of permissions is also subject to Wikipedia:Bureaucrats#Inactive bureaucrat accounts: a former bureaucrat who has been completely inactive for three years would need to seek reinstatement at WP:RFB notwithstanding the above. –xenotalk 12:27, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:52, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of Template:Test intro
A tag has been placed on Template:Test intro requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done for the following reason:
Under the criteria for speedy deletion, pages that meet certain criteria may be deleted at any time.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, then please contact the deleting administrator, or if you have already done so, you can place a request here. EoRdE6(Come Talk to Me!) 04:50, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
San Angelo listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect San Angelo. Since you had some involvement with the San Angelo redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. Steel1943 (talk) 16:44, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
Sydney Meetup next Thursday evening
You are invited to the Sydney Meetup!
- Thursday 15 September at 6PM at Petersham Bowling Club.
- (a) accessible by train - Petersham station
- (b) has some nice draught beers
- (c) has some nice food
- (d) has some quiet areas outside and inside...so people can chat without getting a hoarse voice by shouting over 100 decibels of muzak etc.
- (e) accessible by car with straightforward parking nearby
- This message was delivered to the invitation list - to opt out of future invitations please remove your name from the list. 04:04, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
Extended confirmed protection
Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
Please note that TOTP based two-factor authentication is now available for all administrators. In light of the recent compromised accounts, you are encouraged to add this additional layer of security to your account. It may be enabled on your preferences page in the "User profile" tab under the "Basic information" section. For basic instructions on how to enable two-factor authentication, please see the developing help page for additional information. Important: Be sure to record the two-factor authentication key and the single use keys. If you lose your two factor authentication and do not have the keys, it's possible that your account will not be recoverable. Furthermore, you are encouraged to utilize a unique password and two-factor authentication for the email account associated with your Wikimedia account. This measure will assist in safeguarding your account from malicious password resets. Comments, questions, and concerns may be directed to the thread on the administrators' noticeboard. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:33, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
A new user right for New Page Patrollers
A new user group, New Page Reviewer, has been created in a move to greatly improve the standard of new page patrolling. The user right can be granted by any admin at PERM. It is highly recommended that admins look beyond the simple numerical threshold and satisfy themselves that the candidates have the required skills of communication and an advanced knowledge of notability and deletion. Admins are automatically included in this user right.
It is anticipated that this user right will significantly reduce the work load of admins who patrol the performance of the patrollers. However,due to the complexity of the rollout, some rights may have been accorded that may later need to be withdrawn, so some help will still be needed to some extent when discovering wrongly applied deletion tags or inappropriate pages that escape the attention of less experienced reviewers, and above all, hasty and bitey tagging for maintenance. User warnings are available here but very often a friendly custom message works best.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:36, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
|Newsletter Nr 1 for WikiProject Genealogy (and Wikimedia genealogy project on Meta)
This is the very first newsletter sent by mass mail to members in Wikipedia:WikiProject Genealogy, to everyone who voted a support for establishing a potential Wikimedia genealogy project on meta, and anyone who during the years showed an interest in genealogy on talk pages and likewise.
(To discontinue receiving Project Genealogy newsletters, see below)
Since the Projects very first edit 9 december 2002 by User:Dan Koehl, which eventually became the WikiProject Genealogy, different templates were developed, and the portal Portal:Genealogy was founded by User:Michael A. White in 2008. Over the years a number of articles has been written, with more or less association to genealogy. And, very exciting, there is a proposal made on Meta by User:Another Believer to found a new Wikimedia Genealogy Project, read more at Meta; Wikimedia genealogy project where you also can support the creation with your vote, in case you havnt done so already.
The future of the Genealogy project on the English Wikipedia, and a potential creation of a new Wikimedia Genealogy Project, is something where you can make a an input.
Cheers from your WikiProject Genealogy founder and coordinator
To discontinue receiving Project Genealogy newsletters, please remove your name from our mailing list.
Newsletter delivered by MediaWiki message delivery Dan Koehl (talk) 22:28, 6 February 2017 (UTC)
Happy First Edit Day
News and updates for administrators from the past month (February 2017).
News and updates for administrators from the past month (March 2017).
News and updates for administrators from the past month (April 2017).
Capital of Holland listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Capital of Holland. Since you had some involvement with the Capital of Holland redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. Thryduulf (talk) 23:26, 20 May 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (May 2017).
News and updates for administrators from the past month (June 2017).
Facto Post – Issue 2 – 13 July 2017
News and updates for administrators from the past month (July 2017).
Facto Post – Issue 3 – 11 August 2017