Welcome to my talk page. Archives can be found here.
- 1 Missing
- 2 Your article has been nominated for deletion (again)
- 3 ALUG
- 4 Award — Platinum Star
- 5 Implementation of Wikipedia:Bureaucrats#Bureaucrat activity requirements
- 6 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 7 Speedy deletion nomination of Template:Test intro
- 8 San Angelo listed at Redirects for discussion
- 9 Sydney Meetup next Thursday evening
- 10 Extended confirmed protection
Your article has been nominated for deletion (again)
See Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Angela Beesley Starling (2nd nomination). Everymorning talk 17:42, 25 February 2015 (UTC)
- It would be useful if you could verify if your preference for deletion still stands, so we know whether WP:BLPREQUESTDELETE is relevant. CorporateM (Talk) 10:52, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
Dear Angela, since it is hard to contact you why you do not DELETE ALL the pages previous created ? Including you. That would be an advantage. My page created was for history since it was the first Linux User Group abroad Finland, the first big Debugging group for hardware and Software. The First Linux UserGroup in Antwerp who helped Linus Torvalds in the first years before firms came into the picture. Thanks for Deleting this wonderfull historic info!!! I have still a lot of historic info but since you like to delete I must save my info to the local Archive not consultative via internet ! Congratulations....
Patrick.Op de Beeck at gmail, Linux Pioneer, Chairman of ALUG till 2005
- Hello Patrick. I think you are referring to the ALUG article, which I deleted in 2011. Articles on the English Wikipedia need to be written in English and need to meet certain notability requirements and reliable sources would be required if you wanted to recreate an article on this topic. You may want to read the help page about writing your first article. Angela (talk) 11:32, 12 June 2015 (UTC)
Award — Platinum Star
Hi Angela. I recently returned to Wikipedia after an 8-year hibernation ... only to find that you don't seem to be much around these days. But for all the work you did for so many years, I want to award you the Platinum Star. I was going to put it on your user page, but I'll respect your privacy there:-)
Implementation of Wikipedia:Bureaucrats#Bureaucrat activity requirements
You are receiving this message because you are listed at Wikipedia:Bureaucrats#Former bureaucrats. Writ Keeper pointed out that these users were not directly notified of the community discussion ending August 2015, where consensus was reached to remove the bureaucrat permissions of users who have not participated in bureaucrat activity for three years.
As of 1 October 2015, any former bureaucrat who has not participated in bureaucrat activity for three years that wishes their bureaucrat permissions restored will need to request reinstatement at RFB.
If you intend to return to bureaucrat activity, please request restoration of permissions before 1 October 2015 or three years passes since your last bureaucrat activity, whichever is later.
|“||Bureaucrats are expected to exercise the duties granted by their role while remaining cognizant of relevant community standards concerning their tasks. In addition to the "Inactive bureaucrat accounts" requirements, if a bureaucrat does not participate in bureaucrat activity for over three years, their bureaucrat permissions may be removed. The user must be notified on their talk page and by email one month before the removal, and again and a few days prior to the removal. If the user does not return to bureaucrat activity, another bureaucrat may request the removal of permissions at meta:Steward requests/Permissions. Permissions removed for not meeting bureaucrat activity requirements may be re-obtained through a new request for bureaucratship.
To assist with the implementation of this requirement, please see Wikipedia:Bureaucrat activity. Modeled after Wikipedia:Inactive administrators and similar to that process, the log page will be created on 1 September 2015. Bureaucrats who have not met the activity requirements as of that date will be notified by email (where possible) and on their talk page to advise of the pending removal.
If the notified user does not return to bureaucrat activity and the permissions are removed, they will need to request reinstatement at WP:RFB. Removal of access is procedural only, and not intended to reflect negatively upon the affected user in any way.
- Please note that any potential restoration of permissions is also subject to Wikipedia:Bureaucrats#Inactive bureaucrat accounts: a former bureaucrat who has been completely inactive for three years would need to seek reinstatement at WP:RFB notwithstanding the above. –xenotalk 12:27, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:52, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of Template:Test intro
A tag has been placed on Template:Test intro requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done for the following reason:
Under the criteria for speedy deletion, pages that meet certain criteria may be deleted at any time.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, then please contact the deleting administrator, or if you have already done so, you can place a request here. EoRdE6(Come Talk to Me!) 04:50, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
San Angelo listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect San Angelo. Since you had some involvement with the San Angelo redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. Steel1943 (talk) 16:44, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
Sydney Meetup next Thursday evening
You are invited to the Sydney Meetup!
- Thursday 15 September at 6PM at Petersham Bowling Club.
- (a) accessible by train - Petersham station
- (b) has some nice draught beers
- (c) has some nice food
- (d) has some quiet areas outside and inside...so people can chat without getting a hoarse voice by shouting over 100 decibels of muzak etc.
- (e) accessible by car with straightforward parking nearby
- This message was delivered to the invitation list - to opt out of future invitations please remove your name from the list. 04:04, 11 September 2016 (UTC)