|This is AngusWOOF's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to AngusWOOF.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7|
- 1 Request on 05:49:45, 30 September 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by Mm fantastic
- 2 Request on 05:57:35, 2 October 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by SmartGwen
- 3 May'n
- 4 My submission
- 5 Thanks for the help!
- 6 Publishing Future of Life Award article
- 7 Little help to create a new article
- 8 ΦNIX - electric airplane
- 9 Request on 16:09:15, 7 October 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by Wikkkk9
- 10 Request on 16:52:13, 9 October 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by Davidruggerio
- 11 Request on 18:50:51, 9 October 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by Patriciamccarthy
- 12 Draft::DROVA
- 13 Review
- 14 Reference Question
- 15 WP:ANIME/BIO
- 16 If minor things don't need articles, why do these articles exist?
- 17 Request on 19:10:25, 11 October 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by Cbh632
- 18 Request on 22:08:21, 11 October 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by KyleighFitz
- 19 Request on 23:35:09, 11 October 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by SplatteredPaint
- 20 Electric Homes
- 21 How about I just add a new section to List of fictional elements, materials, isotopes and subatomic particles...
- 22 The Moon Kids
- 23 Draft:sanjay chhimpa (gov)66/102
- 24 Draft:Håvar Bauck
- 25 Review - J. Smoke Wallin
- 26 Deliverr: Submission Declined
- 27 Request on 00:29:12, 16 October 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by Rabimba
- 28 Draft:Town of Salem
- 29 Draft problems fixed and resubmitted
- 30 page denial
- 31 Assistance for the Draft submitted on 16/10/2018 under the title "APOGEE(festival)"
- 32 Request on 19:39:15, 17 October 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by AdaLovelaceDev
- 33 Article Decline
- 34 more sources?
- 35 kitty waiting
- 36 Request on 11:01:13, 19 October 2018 for assistance on AfC submission by Sobatipep
- 37 Some stroopwafels for you!
- 38 Draft:Deborah Smith Pegues
- 39 Artificial General Intelligence Related Page, Dr Ozkural
- 40 Draft:Akite Agnes
I would like to get assistance on one article you rejected.
I understood what you mentioned about the roles taken. Can you please help me which all text you wanted me to link to the references because of which you rejected it. Thank you in advance.
- Mm fantastic, the ones in the filmography should be sourced. The ones in the main part of the article are also unsourced. Also there are some references in the Personal life section that aren't connected to anything. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 22:59, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
Hello, you declined the page I made about the Disneyland Paris Magic Run saying it is a part of the already existing RunDisney-page. But what about the Walt Disney World Marathon-page? This is the RunDisney event organised in Walt Disney World/USA. I can't see why this one should have its own page and the European one shouldn't?
SmartGwen, the event needs more news sources so that it can stand on its own. The Walt Disney World Marathon one has such coverage. I'll scrub the sources you provided. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 13:44, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
Hey there. I'm currently working on trying to bring May'n to GA status, with the goal of having her article up on DYK on October 21. My main challenges are fixing the Career section, as well as writing a Musical style and influences section. Is it okay if I ask for your help in these improvements, specifically in looking for sources that discuss her style? Thanks. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 11:52, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
Hi could you please help me understand which embedded links to remove so I can completed your requested changes :) I am confused. Also, how do I site the iflix release? The website isn't available in the United States...
- Kmehta9, the ones in the tables need to be removed and replaced with citations. For iflix, use a news article announcing that it was added to iflix. You can post a link from within iflix if that is something that can be seen on the web, doesn't have to be United States based. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 19:40, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
- AngusWOOF, Okay, and how do I create the citation instead of the embedded link...is that similar to the way I have cited Mehr's quote? By adding a number next to the festivals and awards and then adding the link to the references at the bottom? Is that correct? And okay I'll try to find a way to cite iFlix... lol I clearly don't know how to use the talk page either
- AngusWOOF, Sure, but that is written by me... is that okay?
Thanks for the help!
I'm new to editing wikipedia articles, thanks for the consistent reviews and revisions! It's neat to see an article I (very poorly) started make traction and progress.
- I've been combing through the news articles and updating the article with them. You can see what details are being added. I'm hoping that once all of the ones I listed are integrated then it's probably ready to be a decently-written article. Just have to hold ConnorsOK from constantly trying to submit the half-finished work. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 03:53, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
Oh, thanks for clarifying; I saw the continual submissions and thought it was something on my side. The articles are great! Thanks for doing a lot of the heavy lifting.
Publishing Future of Life Award article
Thanks so much for reviewing my submission for the Future of Life Award. I am writing to see if you will reconsider publishing the page. I find it confusing that the media coverage for this award was deemed insufficient - the Future of Life Award has been covered by The Guardian, The Times, The Independent, The Atlantic, Vox, and other outlets. Although it is new, this award is the most important award of its kind in terms of both award amount and media attention generated, and has already received more attention than some of the following awards that have Wikipedia articles:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandeis_Award_(privacy) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Travel_Awards https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Service_Recognition_Award https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Peace_Prize_for_Women https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avicenna_Prize https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeda_Awards https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Berggruen_Prize https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Eurydice_Award
This award seems more noteworthy than the awards listed above, and I think having its own page (as opposed to redirecting to the Future of Life Institute) is important, especially as years pass and more heroes are awarded.
I therefore respectfully request that you reinstate the Future of Life Award Wikipedia article. If you reject this request, then could you please explain to me the Wikipedia appeals process? I would like to pursue this as far as necessary, because this issue is very important to me.
- The "In the media" section should be integrated into the article as references and not left like a separate section. Also it doesn't need a biography of the recipients as they already have Wikipedia articles. Notice on the Takeda Awards, they simply list the person's name and a brief statement. I don't think there's enough to make it a separate article from FLI itself but can be a section in the FLI article. Only two recipients so far. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 21:41, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
Little help to create a new article
Hello, AngusWOOF! Please forgive me about that I'm new here, but I really would like to create an English article about Gräddö (as it may be translated from https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%A4dd%C3%B6 ) and I don't know what to do. :(
Can I REALLY need a helping hand from anyone here?
- You can keep working on translating it from the SV wikipedia. It's just that as is, it's a single statement that is unsourced. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 08:45, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Is THIS correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Gr%C3%A4dd%C3%B6 ? — Preceding unsigned comment added by SuperTramp1987 (talk • contribs) 08:50, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks, dear you! But I really need a SIMPLE help for HOW to create an article, by the way. :) --SuperTramp1987 (talk) 08:54, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
ΦNIX - electric airplane
Hello, Thank you for your time. Ok a accept that it looks like more like an advertisement than an entry in an encyclopedia. But it cannot be renamed because the name of this plane and of this projekt is ΦNIX. Mainly it cannot be "Phoenix (electric airplane)" because design and technical design is changed. I have added some references but can not add too much. I collect mainly info from Czech websites.
Can you at least ask you if I can leave a photo in the gallery? Or Can i add there official website ? Should I keep the information tables created by you loaded and send for further review?
I also want to note that nothing will be paid for this article to me. I wrote it because i think people should google/find this page easier. I also want to point out that it holds a similar appearance to the article as well as the appearance of Pipistrel aircraft articles.
- Can you find articles from Czech newspapers and media websites then? Is it no longer an electric airplane? With the Φ symbol meaning "phi" it might end up being named Phi Nix per WP:TRANSLITERATE "Names not originally in a Latin alphabet, such as Greek, Chinese, or Russian names, must be transliterated. " AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 21:05, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Also your username implies you are associated with the company. Can you disclose if you are volunteering to help them with getting them a Wikipedia page or are you an outside fan. Please read WP:COI. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 21:07, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hello again,
- Ok i can add there a references from czech newspapers/websites but many people cannot read this articles, but ok. Ok name of article will be Phoenix (electric airplane) or something like that. My name here is Pureflightsolution because i wanted write articles about it. I contacted companies from Pure flight solution and asked them for info, photos and if i can write articles about airplane and atc. Im student im unemployed but im a big fan of modern vehicles (like tesla, hyperloop, this airplane, etc.). I want write more articles about modern vehicles - but first i want to write articles about Pure flight solution's projects. I was suprised at AERO 2018 when i saw it. They told me about their next projects and i want be with them. And one again I want to note that nothing will be paid for this article to me. I know i have in my article many errors - Im new on Wiki so be good to me.
- Thank you for your time and for your advices. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pureflightsolution (talk • contribs) 22:00, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, citing Czech newspapers that are not connected to the company is fine. We can always run it through Google translate. I would also suggest a different Wikipedia name than the company. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 22:03, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks. Do you think is good idea to change profile name ? Or change profile? And one more question - Can be the references on the end of paragraphs ?
- Thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pureflightsolution (talk • contribs) 22:16, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- You can ask to change it so as to not be confused with the company. WP:RENAME Yes, adding citation at the end of the relevant paragraphs will work. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 22:24, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Ok i will do it. I hope last question to you ... What i can do with that infoboxes which you add on the top of my articel ? Can i delete it ?
- Thank you you are a great teacher — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pureflightsolution (talk • contribs) 22:30, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Those tags will probably stay until the draft is ready to publish. No worries, all drafts have that kind of feedback. That's why they are drafts. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 16:49, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hello again, thanks. How i can change name of article ? and than can i resubmit or you are working on it ? Thanks for your time ! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Janengineer1999 (talk • contribs) 20:15, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
Hello, AngusWOOF! I edited the article as I think it responds to your recommendations. It definitely is not an advertising, in few words one of the players in this new area is outlined. I think all the sources are independent, but please, help me with explanation why you think one is not and give me some examples. Thank you! Wikkkk9 (talk) 16:09, 7 October 2018 (UTC) Wikkkk9 (talk) 16:09, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
- Wikkkk9, if the writeup is coming from the organization / sponsor like a press release, then it's probably not independent as many convention panelists write up their own biographies for publication. If a newspaper on the other hand, covers the event then you can use that. Can you rewrite her article so it is more like a biography? There should be paragraphs detailing her career. How did she get started? What was her first blogs and stuff about? What companies did she found and get sponsorships for? The organizational events and conferences can be described in there like "In 2013, she gave a TEDx Talk on (subject) at the (conference) in Birmingham" AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 16:48, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
- Davidruggerio, I would suggest having a brief paragraph summarizing why the person is notable, then the rest can go in the career section. The shows and restaurants and media should be linked to Wikipedia articles and then the references placed at the end of the sentences they support. As long as they can be supported by major news publications as with Krista Watterworth's article which I let through as a stub-level article. Writing more about the subject in detail would be great, but that will need more news article writeups like what I did for Jazza (YouTuber). Thanks again for drafting up the article. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 17:39, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
I am trying to create a page for Hugh Charles Fairfax-Cholmeley who was a noted rural social reformer in his time 1864 -1940), and the last Squire of an estate in the North Riding in Yorkshire. My problem is that there is virtually nothing which has been written up about him, except a website which I have created myself. His lack of an identity online is precisely why I am trying to create a wikipedia page. Can I reference my website fairfaxcholmeley.com? Sources for his life and work are records of organisations, newspaper articles of his time and the records of his estate and his own diaries. How can I reference this page? Can anyone help me? Patricia McCarthy (talk) 18:50, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
- Patriciamccarthy, you can cite the newspaper articles and books of his time, and if those aren't available online from Google searches, but your website has clippings of the papers, then you can cite the newspaper and provide the url to that website. I did a quick Google search on "Hugh Charles Fairfax-Cholmeley" and I do see some news articles and book write-ups like:    ,     A lot of those are peerage listings but there may be snippets that coincide with what you've provided. Some of the website could be used as primary, like what you transcribed his postcards  but information such as the schools he attended or the organizations he headed, it would be better to find the newspaper that discusses it. Basically if you were able to get that information about him from that source, cite that source, outside of personal records that have never been made available to the public. Like, if you have his diary, and that's not available to the public to research, then don't use that one. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 19:17, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for review.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?preload=Template%3AAfc+preload%2Fdraft&editintro=Template%3AAfC+draft+editintro&title=Draft:DJ-Kamal_Mustafa&create=Create+new+article+draft#Career DJ Kamal Mustafa (talk) 17:55, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
Dear sir i have added two newspaper & one news website link but you have declined it , the same newspaper has wikipedia page here could you mention why this biased ? & amb magazine is a monthly magazine & my interview is there too but you have declined as well could you explain in details ?
- DJ Kamal Mustafa you need to connect the references to the sentences written as a citation, not as embedded link. Please see WP:CITE#Avoid embedded links and WP:ECITE Also the list of films is still disorganized. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 21:01, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
- DJ Kamal Mustafa , please decide which draft you are going to use. The one with the dash or without the dash? AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 21:31, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
- I can remove the dash later. I've redirected the non-dash. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 21:37, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for adding to the GAs, Narutolovehinata5, feel free to update. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 15:26, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
If minor things don't need articles, why do these articles exist?
List of minor DC Comics characters List of minor Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters List of minor recurring characters in Star Trek: Enterprise List of minor characters in the Matrix series List of Seinfeld minor characters Also, there's at least one element on List of fictional elements, materials, isotopes and subatomic particles that doesn't play a major role in a notable work of fiction, isn't common to several unrelated works, and isn't discussed in detail by independent sources. (It's Frinkonium). I feel like if it deserves to be on List of fictional elements, materials, isotopes and subatomic particles, then other minor fictional elements, materials, isotopes and subatomic particles should also deserve a list. — Preceding unsigned comment added by REDsEngineer (talk • contribs) 18:15, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
- Those articles have reliable sources to support their notability. The problem is that your minor list does not. Also it appears to be closer to video game fancruft for the single video game, where we don't need lists of every type of fictional term used in the game. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 18:18, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
- Well, I was planning on expanding the list past the elements in I Expect You to Die and adding sources. REDsEngineer (talk) 18:33, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
- I added an entry for Octine, a metal from a Minecraft mod. I added a reference. Can you tell me whether I did it right? REDsEngineer (talk) 18:49, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
This is not a memorial, but an attempt to make a talented artist known. His name is buried by a baseball player with the same name. Please let me know with the exact issues you have with the submission, because memorial is not an accurate description.
- Cbh632 Please read WP:PROMO and provide other sources to support the statements in that draft. It should also be written in a neutral tone and not all about praising the person. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 19:12, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
Hi AngusWOOF, I will clean up what you requested, but trying to understand how we might not be considered notable. InMotion Hosting was one of the first hosting companies in US, still employee owned (not run by EIG), and first to do Green Hosting. However, simply comparing to other hosting companies, seems equally notable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HostGator, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SiteGround, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluehost, and other hosting companies. Also, we noticed an Arabic page that was published with our information: https://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%85%D9%88%D8%B4%D9%86_%D9%87%D9%88%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%AC
Please let me know what makes a company more notable, but felt based on other hosting companies, it was at least at par!
Thanks for your review and guidance!
- KyleighFitz, please read WP:ORGCRIT on what sources are considered notable for companies and organizations. They should generally be news articles and magazine articles independent of the subject (no press releases), and not trivial or passing mentions. Also when you say "our information" does that mean you are associated with the company? You should disclose that as well as potential WP:COI AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 02:48, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
Hello AngusWOOF, thank you for all your help on the Johanna Warren wikipedia page! Truly has been a huge help. Wondering if there are any further changes you see that are necessary before going live. Thanks for all your help! - Splattered Paint
- SplatteredPaint is there a genre of music she does as a singer-songwriter? What is her style and theme, and her inspirations? What instruments does she play or is she just a vocalist? The "started studios" thing is kind of confusing. Does that mean she is also a producer or is that the name of her own label? Can you walk through her major albums and singles, maybe explain what she was doing on the tours (backup singer, opening/supporting act, headlining) and where she toured. What is her hometown and schooling? AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 02:45, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
Hi Angus, I created a new page but it was deleted due to copyright issues. I tried to explain that the text I used was written by the person I was creating the page for and that I did include a link to his online article - not sure if you got that message? Anyway, now that I know I need to reword content and not just copy and paste, is it ok if I create the page again? Thanks, Whatwillub (talk) 04:31, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
- How's this for a challenge? Write the article without using their official website or any of their press releases. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 09:32, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
How about I just add a new section to List of fictional elements, materials, isotopes and subatomic particles...
Adding a new section to List of fictional elements, materials, isotopes and subatomic particles seems like the best way to put the minor elements, materials, isotopes and subatomic particles in a list... — Preceding unsigned comment added by REDsEngineer (talk • contribs) 15:07, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
- It got deleted. I have to start a discussion regarding changing the inclusion criteria of List of fictional elements, materials, isotopes and subatomic particles and convince people to change the inclusion criteria of List of fictional elements, materials, isotopes and subatomic particles. I can't even write an essay. FML REDsEngineer (talk) 18:30, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
The Moon Kids
Hi, it shouldn't be still getting drafted. I meant to submit the article. I mustn't have done it properly. Can you give me some pointers on why you rejected it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:19, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
- 22.214.171.124 you should remove the part where it says it's a holding page for it being drafted. Also you need to connect the references to the verbiage being written about the band. You should cite reliable secondary sources independent of the subject. Right now I don't see much notability for the band. There's no major music reviews from mainstream music sources or news articles, no charting information, no international reception. Please read WP:MUSICBIO and let the reviewers know how the band satisfies the notability criteria there. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 15:25, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
Ok thanks for the advice. I'll that sorted before I resubmit. I'm new to wikipedia so still getting to grips with it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:07, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
Ok no problem. I will try and find some sources independent of the subject and go into more detail based on Starlight Chronicles Interview. Thank you for your time. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 08:53, 14 October 2018 (UTC)
Draft:sanjay chhimpa (gov)66/102
draft: sanjay chhimpa पुनः से विचार करे यह आर्टिकल भारत (राजस्थान) सरकार के अधीन कर्मांक 66/102 दर्ज है , इस पर विचार कर जल्द सार्वजनिक करने का प्रयास करे — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sanjay98chhimpa (talk • contribs) 01:30, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
- If it is copyrighted by Government of India, then it can't stay around. See WP:COPYVIO. It needs to be written in your own words, not the Government's. If Chhimpa has a biography in a government website, you can use that as a citation. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 14:44, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
- Please also note that if you are Sanjay Chhimpa, then you shouldn't be writing an article about yourself. WP:NOTABOUTYOU as that would be a conflict of interest. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 14:47, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks, looks better! The reviewers can figure out what the magazine writeups are now. :) AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 16:39, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
Review - J. Smoke Wallin
Thanks for your helpful comments/edits on my AfC for Draft:J. Smoke Wallin. I've made the edits you've requested and resubmitted for approval. Could you take a look? Thanks again! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:15, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
- 220.127.116.11, I've added some more feedback. Could you write up some more into the history of the person and the businesses worked on? You can look at Kim Taylor (entrepreneur) as a recent example of one AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 19:05, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
Deliverr: Submission Declined
Hi AngusWoof, we are a small company trying to make its presence felt in the industry. We are just publishing the work we do. Till some independent publication picks up our information is there any other way of verification of our work. I do not wish to resubmit unless we meet the standards. If you can advice us as to how the article should be rephrased we will be glad to comply.
- Rishin Chatterjee, you'll need to find some news articles that cover your company that aren't written by your company. If it's being covered by local to national newspapers and websites, then it's more likely to be notable. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 21:08, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
Hi, I am reaching out with regard to the article on IRL: Online Life is Real Life and it's deletion. I just got the message that it has been deleted for copyright violation. I wanted to know which part of the article violated the rule. And what was objectionable in the content (anmd how can I correct it). As far as I know it's not violating any explicit copyrights and I can provide clarification.
- It was mainly taking word-for-word the podcast episode descriptions. Also the IRL section exists on Veronica Belmont's article. You should add more detail about the podcast there. It doesn't need a list of episode titles, but some details like the range of guests can be mentioned. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 00:36, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
- Ok got it. That is probably because I have permission from Mozilla and from the person who wrote that description in the podcast page to use that here. But in understand how that might not be a perfect situation for a Wikipedia article. Let me get back and see if they approve of my rewrite. Meanwhile, instead of it being a section in Veronica Belmont's article we wanted it to have its own independent page along with details about future guests (like the range you suggested) and other tidbits. Do you think that's do-able? I will work on a draft with original content apart from the podcast one, and then submit for review again.
- Rabimba, reminder that Wikipedia is not a program guide and it is not a medium for promoting the podcast. WP:NOTPROMO A lot of the major talk shows do not have episode guides full of guest lists. You may also want to check out WP:NWEB for web notability requirements. It should have references from secondary sources independent of the subject. If there are news articles that discuss the impact of IRL podcast by itself then add those. I would suggest beefing up that section in Belmont's article until the content warrants a WP:SIZESPLIT and then a redirect for IRL (podcast) can be created. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 14:38, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
Draft:Town of Salem
Hi, I've updated my sources on the town of salem draft, I was wondering if IGN would be considered a reliable source for the first paragraph and if BoardGameGeek would be considered reliable to prove the existence of the physical card game? Crystical (talk) 11:25, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
- Crystical, it depends on what part of IGN is being used. If it's an article by staff, then it's okay. If it's from a contributor, it's borderline, depending on whether the person is actually a regular writer or a volunteer user. Forums and the Wiki sections are not reliable. You can check WP:VG/RS for what the video game wikiproject thinks are reliable sources. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 14:29, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
Draft problems fixed and resubmitted
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Raheel_Khursheed Sources from First Post, Economic Times, India Today, News 18, NDTV, Times of India, DNA among others are very respected and considered reliable in India. I have reviewed and fixed everything you asked for. Hope it helps! Take care. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2405:205:e:f79f:440b:682:393d:c639 (talk • contribs) 19:32, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
you denied my page on david leibman and nominated it for quick deletion or whatever it is. listen man, david is my friend and he is going through some tough times and I just was doing this to make him feel better. please consider letting it be a page just for a bit. once he sees it I will let you know to take it down. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bryban Coohsick (talk • contribs) 18:56, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
- You can make one in your sandbox. It just won't be available in the general section. Please read WP:NAU AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 22:46, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
Assistance for the Draft submitted on 16/10/2018 under the title "APOGEE(festival)"
Hi! I was wondering how to improve the referencing of my text, since there isn't a lot of coverage available on the internet. The sources i have used as references in the article are independent, barring a few. It would be really helpful if you could tell me the exact requirements my article needs to be published.
Neelj99, you need coverage from secondary sources independent of the subject. I've scrubbed through the references that you have been provided so far:
- Ignite Engineers is a blog website that announces events - press release, primary
- festpav is an online event directory that any college can use to post stuff - connected to school / press release, primary
- English Press Club - event details / primary
- Bits-apogee is connected to the festival event / primary, self-published
- Dailyhunt - aggregate news site, press release
- India Infoline - news announcement
- Aaronhan 19 - exam hosted by APOGEE / primary, self-published
- Youtube videos - from BITS / primary, self-published
- twenty19.com - job listing for organiser for event / primary, self-published
This is my first time editing a Wikipedia page so i'm not so sure how to proceed. I see that you marked some element of our page as copyrighted but I can't find WHICH element it is, in order to fix it. Could you let me know which and how I can attribute the copyright?
- AdaLovelaceDev it was the section concerning the recruiting. I already removed it and replaced it with a sentence. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 19:45, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
Okay thanks. Another question:
. In the section of Clients you ask for a citation when we say "as well as medium and small companies". What type of citation is needed there? Do we have to mention our small and medium companies? Because they usually don't like us disclosing their information.
- AdaLovelaceDev, the sources need to come from OUTSIDE the company. You need to look up news articles written about your company and use their writings not yours to describe the client base. You don't need to disclose the client names, just a few of the ones that were made public through those news articles. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 15:23, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
Okay, I understand that for claims such as our rankings and such, but we don't divulge our clients to the press or communicate our relationships with them to external sites. Is there any other way we can prove that they are indeed our clients? We have all the legal documents in order, if needed. The only external site that references our current clients is Clutch, which has reviews from several of our clients from all sizes. They are not our main clients though, which are the ones we would like to highlight in our page: https://clutch.co/profile/bairesdev — Preceding unsigned comment added by AdaLovelaceDev (talk • contribs) 19:01, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
- AdaLovelaceDev, you should only list a handful of clients that have been publicly disclosed in press releases or news articles, and provide a citation to that. You should of course not list any that are not publicized, confidential or top secret. There'a also no need for any exhaustive list. If people want a more detailed list they can go to your website. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 19:07, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
- Muroe Watson, you were trying to construct Draft:Top ten legendary programmers of all time and putting in whomever you thought would fit best rather than referring to any media of that title. That's a bunch of original research. Please read WP:NOR. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 20:30, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
- Do you have any news articles that discuss your app? AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 01:02, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
- i dont know, it is app for cats. so it is bit different app and i see no point to have facebook or discuss it, poeple just downloading it massively and their pets playing it. no drama. no fake reviews, no paid reviews, no paid ratings. etc... i just want to have wiki page — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mouseforcats (talk • contribs) 01:10, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
i added some references is this correct way?
Hello AngusWoof, thank you for reviewing the article so quickly. I am not sure if I understand all your comments though. Perhaps you can help.
- Convert list of appearances to prose in Career section to highlight which orchestra groups he played with. --> I am not sure what you mean by this as the list already highlights the ensembles/orchestras he played with. And I followed the policy to only link once. Our idea was to turn this into a table and also add the directors and the exact date. More like a discography or filmography. What is your opinion on that?
- Need more sources that describe Van Sambeek's career and personal life. --> Will try and look for them.
- Need to convert embedded links in the Awards section to Wikipedia links to notable awards. --> I understand this, but not all these rewards have Wikipedia posts. Do you mean to link to them even though they do not have a post, and the link shows up as red?
Thanks again AngusWoof :-)
- Sobatipep The list should be shortened to just his tenures with the symphonies, not highlight every single concert program he played with them. The programs can be detailed in his biography section. The teaching subsection should also be integrated into the career section as that is part of his career. Hope that helps. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 16:45, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
Some stroopwafels for you!
|Thanks AngusWOOF for your feedback. As the article is about a Dutch bassoonist, some Dutch stroopwafels for you :-)|
- E-Stylus, I've done what I can to the article, and sent it through. Keep looking for more secondary sources independent of the subject. The interviews from the major Christian media networks help, but they could still lean a bit towards primary. The news articles like that Virginia article that pick her name out of the blue as a visiting speaker are more helpful. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 16:42, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
This message regards this recently created page, regarding a PHd person in computer science, whose work won the Kurzweil Artificial General Intelligence award back in 2015. (See reference on draft of Dr. Ozkural)
I modelled his page based on this page on Jürgen Schmidhuber. I'm new to Wikipedia, but I have been doing programming for several years, so I can quickly adopt Wikipedia's syntax.
Could you possibly quickly point out which references on Jürgen Schmidhuber satisfies the requirements you specified on this recently created page here? I'm trying to clarify what I'm seeing on the reliability related sequence of pages.
- Actually none of the sources meet WP:GNG which requires significant coverage in secondary sources independent of the subject
1. his own website, self-published, primary 2. Eight Conference - passing mention, no significant coverage 3. Ultimate intelligence - self-published, primary 4. CS Graduate - by school, primary 5. Ehfirst - his workplace, primary 6. Martin Minsky - name drop, passing mention, no significant coverage 7. towards heuristic paper - self-published, primary 8. google patent - co-inventor, self-published, primary AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 22:39, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
I'd like to thank you profusely for helping me edit my work. Through the comments and guidelines, you have made me grow in the art of editing and writing articles in Wikipedia. Am still a work in progress but I appreciate all that you have done and will endevour to perfect this and future articles.