|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 October 2009
- 2 SKATS
- 3 Regarding Livid Records deletion
- 4 Concerning Pinball Hall of Fame
- 5 Fine
- 6 Thanks
- 7 Benoit
- 8 Lucas Murray
- 9 You have mail
- 10 GTA note
- 11 35 Shots of Rum.
- 12 Deletion of "List of Nicknames of pro Wrestlers"
- 13 John Edwards Phelps
- 14 Maybe it can be saved by adding links where the wrestler's names come up?
- 15 wikilinks bot
- 16 RFA spam
- 17 Gary Burden
- Is it? I really had no idea that it was a mirror. Thanks for letting me know. ArcAngel (talk) 19:33, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
Regarding Livid Records deletion
Hi ArcAngel. First let me thank you for cleaning up the Livid Records page a bit. I would like to have Livid Records remain a live page in Wikipedia. I will add more sources, like Interpunk.com, New Times (Miami), etc. I'm completely new to editing on Wikipeida and look forward to spending some time editing pages in the following topics- Punk, Delray Beach, South Florida, etc. Please advise as to what needs to change to remain consistent with other Wikipedia articles. Thanks for your time and guidance. Cfurment (talk) 00:24, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- Well, basically the article needs to have reliable, third-party sourcing to establish the notability of the label. I was not able to find any, perhaps you have something you could add to the article? In any case, reading over the reliable sources section I linked to should help you out in this and future article building. ArcAngel (talk) 03:19, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
Concerning Pinball Hall of Fame
My edits are accurate and reflect the truth. There is no policy of providing a citation to show that a game was released. Don't revert the edit. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:15, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
- There IS a policy of properly sourcing your info though - so until the info is sourced, it will be reverted unless you can come up with a reliable source for it. ArcAngel (talk) 02:18, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
Insert one of these referances and stop vandalizing the article, you're not doing the article a lick of good.
It clearly states that what was known as Gottlieb Pinball Classics in the United Kingdom is available in North America as Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection.
They are the same games, the North American PSP release merely utilized the name of the previous Pinball Hall of Fame release on consoles that this one expanded upon. It's as simple as that.
Here is a press release North American release that mentions the lineup of pinball titles, including those that were added to Gottlieb Pinball Classics that weren't on Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection on the Xbox/PS2/GCN. It was released in North America 2-3 months prior to the UK release under
Lastly, you could use the GameFaqs data page for the release and note they're listed in the same entry with release dates just a handful of months apart. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:41, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
The murders needs to be in the header. I disagree with the new wording of it, but it should not be removed from the header under any circumstances. It received international media attention. And the article is not about the wrestler, it's about the person. Gavyn Sykes (talk) 19:18, 8 October 2009 (UTC)
- Yea, I was also going to remove the notice on your talk page, but it wasn't added, so no harm, no foul. :) ArcAngel (talk) 19:51, 8 October 2009 (UTC)
- Mmm, I was wondering why I didn't get a notice, considering you're using Twinkle, did you click cancel halfway through or something? Or maybe it was because I was editing the page at the same time (TW doesn't have a very good ec catcher)...? *shrug* - Kingpin13 (talk) 19:55, 8 October 2009 (UTC)
You have mail
Just thought I'd notify you, we won't be getting a reply from the IP user because he's blocked for edit warring. As a side note, I agree with you 100% on not including the bugs. Netalarmtalk 19:50, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. I was about to request page protection due to the disruptive IP. ArcAngel (talk) 19:51, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
35 Shots of Rum.
- That was to make it less ambiguous and more clear that it's a movie, and not a reference to 35 shot glasses on a table. ArcAngel (talk) 19:53, 11 October 2009 (UTC)
- Hm, all right. I suppose that's permissible. I've just always assumed that if there's no other article by its name, there's no need for labeling. After all, if someone thought there was an article for 35 shots, why not one for 20 or 40?
Deletion of "List of Nicknames of pro Wrestlers"
Hey there, I just want to know why exacly the article is being up for deletion. Is it because there is no intro, is it because of the source, or is it the subject itself, or something else antirely. Thanks —Preceding unsigned comment added by Preparationh (talk • contribs) 15:22, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
- It's up for deletion because I feel it fits the definition of listcruft. We'll see what the community says about it though. ArcAngel (talk) 15:56, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
For future reference that page is a copyright violation, as it is an exact copy of the angelfire page, so could have been tagged under CSD without any quibble. In fact if I were you I would contact an admin, request the AfD be closed then ask the page is deleted as a copyvio. Darrenhusted (talk) 21:05, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
John Edwards Phelps
I took the article off of my user page, and the only reason that it was there was because I am new to Wikipedia and did not realize how to start a new page. Is this considered a legitimate article now? If not, why? Kozmikgene (talk) 23:56, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
- Please read the section on reliable sources policy. Articles are kept based on notability, and to establish notability requires significant independent coverage of the subject, such as in newspapers (not just passing mentions, but stories), television coverage, and magazine articles. If you can provide such sources to the article, it will stand a better chance. But I was not able to find any that would help this article, unfortunately. ArcAngel (talk) 00:15, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
where we're able to find out more about the wrestler. started revamping/creating links to see if that helps. I think it would be a nice source to come back to :) (K.turner iv (talk) 15:53, 16 October 2009 (UTC))
- To what are you referring to? Your message makes it as clear as mud. ArcAngel (talk) 19:03, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- That one was actually a typo on my part, not the bots. I was in a hurry and thought I proofread it better. ArcAngel (talk) 01:19, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
- No problem. I must confess, I have some reservations about this bot: Seeing articles suddenly linked to disambigs, and so on. These edits are not appreciated wikilinks from this bot, or even worse form the editors. Nevertheless wikifying is important. Cheers. Sebastian scha. (talk) 10:36, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
|Thank you for participating in WP:Requests for adminship/Kww 3|
|Sometimes, being turned back at the door isn't such a bad thing|