User talk:Aunt Entropy
Hi, Welcome to my talk page. If you leave me a message here, watch the page; I will respond here. Thanks!
Quick message re. deleting my Gardasil additions
(I hope this is what you meant by "leave me a message here"!) Anyway, it's no big deal, but if you could look at the above link and let me know a bit more about what you meant I'd be grateful.
You said: (rv:youtube is not a reliable source, and the cdc is not Merck).
(1) My source wasn't Youtube, it was CBS. Youtube is simply the repository for the CBS footage.
(2) I wasn't suggesting that the CDC was Merck in any way and it couldn't be construed as such, but the text as it was, said "with NO evidence the vaccine has caused serious adverse effects" was a corporate point of view written as fact and needed clarification or at least 'levelling'.
Anyway, it's all mute as the article has been revised hundreds of times since then, I'm just trying to understand more about Wiki editing.
Cheers, matthk BFB "Will it to be and you have of it" (talk)
An article you have edited List of participants in the creation–evolution controversy has been nominated for deletion. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_participants_in_the_creation%E2%80%93evolution_controversy FYI --Kaptinavenger (talk) 07:45, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Copying text between articles
Back in 2009 you copied text from one article to another:
However you did not provide adequate attribution, and the text you copied only included short citations with no corresponding long citations in a References section.
There are three articles with the short citations to "Pinholster 2006." but no long ones in a References section which were created with the following edits:
- Macroevolution -- user:Aunt Entropy at 17:31, 17 October 2009 (attempt to add ref) diff
- Kent Hovind -- user:Kevinkor2 at 22:50, 25 September 2010 (Copied general argument from Creation–evolution controversy) diff
- Denialism -- user:ComfyKem at 15:13, 28 February 2013 -- no comment diff
Thanks to Kevinkor2 including the name of the article it is possible to trace the original to Creation–evolution controversy. Including the name of the article is part of the copyright policy, but it also helps editors find and fix problems like this one.
- Wikipedia:Plagiarism § Copying within Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Copying within Wikipedia § Other reasons for attributing text
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:46, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|x RealSERShawn (talk) 17:33, 7 March 2016 (UTC)|