|Please place new discussions at the bottom of the talk page.|
|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original talk page is located at
|This is Avraham's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Avraham.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58|
|This talk page is automatically archived by lowercase sigmabot III. Any threads with no replies in 14 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:36, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
An IP Address that is Engaged in Persistent Vandalism
User:Avraham, shalom. There is a contributor here on Wikipedia, 184.108.40.206 who, as of 31 January 2017, and especially 1 February 2017, has persistently been engaged in vandalism on WP articles, choosing to randomly change the places of birth and death of various WP subjects. His IP address should be blocked. Some of his most-recent acts of vandalism have been on the following WP pages: Yihya Qafih, Pierre Brice, and Gheorghe Negrea.Davidbena (talk) 18:28, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
User:Avraham, if you were to look at the edit history of Contributor, User:220.127.116.11, you will see that he is almost always involved in vandalism, and having people revert his destructive edits. Can you please stop him?Davidbena (talk) 23:21, 16 February 2017 (UTC)