- 1 The Wikipedia Library needs you!
- 2 Ouch
- 3 Horner's?
- 4 Thank you
- 5 Feedback on request
- 6 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 7 Why revert?
- 8 Yo Ho Ho
- 9 Merry Christmas, Axl
- 10 Happy New Year, Axl!
- 11 Nomination of Aardwolf (video game) for deletion
- 12 Thank you for supporting my RfA
- 13 Thanks for your support
- 14 Briarcliff Library
- 15 Thank you very much
- 16 Wikiversity Journal of Medicine, an open access peer reviewed journal with no charges, invites you to participate
The Wikipedia Library needs you!
We hope The Wikipedia Library has been a useful resource for your work. TWL is expanding rapidly and we need your help!
With only a couple hours per week, you can make a big difference for sharing knowledge. Please sign up and help us in one of these ways:
- Account coordinators: help distribute free research access
- Partner coordinators: seek new donations from partners
- Communications coordinators: share updates in blogs, social media, newsletters and notices
- Technical coordinators: advise on building tools to support the library's work
- Outreach coordinators: connect to university libraries, archives, and other GLAMs
- Research coordinators: run reference services
A few weeks back, you confirmed that the complaint left on the Horner's Syndrome svg was a valid one. I've since brought the image to the graphics workshop on Commons, but it would really help if you could say what specifically is wrong with the image. Which number is misplaced? Where/what should it be? And could you answer on the workshop page? Thanks. DS (talk) 12:49, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
- Sigh. Think you could help out some more? DS (talk) 16:36, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
- You're welcome! I try to help out with referencing. Axl ¤ [Talk] 13:52, 21 August 2015 (UTC)
Feedback on request
- Hello hello? You there? wave wave I'm trying to get things sorted out, could you help Goran, please? Thanks. DS (talk) 15:53, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:53, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
- The reference provided is Rosen's Emergency Medicine, 7th edition. I don't currently have access to the 7th edition, but I do have the 8th edition. From the 8th edition, chapter 77, page 988: "The incidence of primary spontaneous pneumothorax is approximately 15 cases per 100,000 population per year among men and 5 cases per 100,000 population per year among women." Axl ¤ [Talk] 22:56, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
Yo Ho Ho
- Thank you! And a Merry Christmas to you and your family! Axl ¤ [Talk] 00:47, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
Merry Christmas, Axl
- Haha, thank you! And Merry Christmas to you too! Axl ¤ [Talk] 23:39, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
Happy New Year, Axl!
Thank you! And Happy New Year to you too! Axl ¤ [Talk] 22:53, 1 January 2016 (UTC)
Nomination of Aardwolf (video game) for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Aardwolf (video game) until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. czar 05:11, 21 January 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for supporting my RfA
|Brianhe RfA Appreciation award|
|Thank you for participating at my RfA. Your support was very much appreciated even if I did get a bit scorched. Brianhe (talk) 03:26, 6 February 2016 (UTC)|
Thanks for your support
|Peacemaker67 RfA Appreciation award|
|Thank you for participating and supporting at my RfA. It was very much appreciated, and I am humbled that the community saw fit to trust me with the tools. Peacemaker67 (click to talk to me) 05:07, 6 February 2016 (UTC)|
- Hi again, sorry to bother, but did you have further comments on the rest of my replies on that page? Thank you. ɱ (talk · vbm · coi) 16:45, 27 April 2016 (UTC)
Thank you very much
Your kind attention to the Neonatal infection is very much appreciated. I am NOT a pulmonary physician and can only admire your expertise. Please feel free to assess any other med articles to which I contribute or create - your skilled eye could only make these articles better. With the Very Best of Regards,
- Barbara (WVS) (talk) 17:13, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
- You are most welcome! Axl ¤ [Talk] 00:10, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
Wikiversity Journal of Medicine, an open access peer reviewed journal with no charges, invites you to participate
Did you know about Wikiversity Journal of Medicine? It is an open access, peer reviewed medical journal, with no publication charges. You can find more about it by reading the article on The Signpost featuring this journal.
We welcome you to have a look the journal. Feel free to participate.
You can participate in any one or more of the following ways:
- Publish an article to the journal.
- Sign up as a peer reviewer of potential upcoming articles. If you do not have expertise in these subjects, you can help in finding peer reviewers for current submissions.
- Sign up as an editor, and help out in open tasks.
- Outreach to potential contributors, with can include (but is not limited to) scholars and health professionals. In any mention of Wikiversity Journal of Medicine, there may be a reference to this Contribute-page. Example presentation about the journal.
- Add a post-publication review of an existing publication. If errors are found, there are guidelines for editing published works.
- Apply to become the treasurer of the journal
- Join the editorial board.
- Share your ideas of what the journal would be like in the future as separate Wikimedia project.
- Donate to Wikimedia Foundation.
- Translate journal pages into other languages. Wikiversity currently exists in the following other languages
- Technical work like template designing for the journal.
- Sign up to get emails related to the journal, which are sent to updateswijoumed.org. If you want to receive these emails too, state your interest at the talk page, or contact the Editor-in-chief at haggstrom.mikaelwikiversityjournal.org.
- Spread the word to anyone who could be interested or could benefit from it.
The future of this journal as a separate Wikimedia project is under discussion and the name can be changed suitably. Currently a voting for the same is underway. Please cast your vote in the name you find most suitable. We would be glad to receive further suggestions from you. It is also acceptable to mention your votes in the wide-reachwikiversityjournal.org email list. Please note that the voting closes on 16th August, 2016, unless protracted by consensus, due to any reason.