- 1 The Olive Branch: A Dispute Resolution Newsletter (Issue #1)
- 2 Information
- 3 Notice of change
- 4 []
- 5 I noticed ...
- 6 A note:
- 7 Precious again
- 8 Notification of appeal
- 9 MfD nomination of User:Balloonman/afd/Moreno Valley Mall/article
- 10 Over Two years later
- 11 Maximilian Kolbe
- 12 Community desysoping RfC
- 13 A beer for you!
- 14 ArbCom elections are now open!
The Olive Branch: A Dispute Resolution Newsletter (Issue #1)
Welcome to the first edition of The Olive Branch. This will be a place to semi-regularly update editors active in dispute resolution (DR) about some of the most important issues, advances, and challenges in the area. You were delivered this update because you are active in DR, but if you would prefer not to receive any future mailing, just add your name to this page.
In this issue:
- Background: A brief overview of the DR ecosystem.
- Research: The most recent DR data
- Survey results: Highlights from Steven Zhang's April 2012 survey
- Activity analysis: Where DR happened, broken down by the top DR forums
- DR Noticeboard comparison: How the newest DR forum has progressed between May and August
- Discussion update: Checking up on the Wikiquette Assistance close debate
- Proposal: It's time to close the Geopolitical, ethnic, and religious conflicts noticeboard. Agree or disagree?
--The Olive Branch 18:50, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
I noticed your username commenting at an Arbcom discussion regarding civility. An effort is underway that would likely benifit if your views were included. I hope you will append regards at: Wikipedia:Requests for comment/Civility enforcement/Questionnaire Thank you for considering this request. My76Strat (talk) 06:11, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
Notice of change
Hello. You are receiving this message because of a recent change to the administrator policy that alters what you were told at the time of your desysopping. The effect of the change is that if you are inactive for a continuous three year period, you will be unable to request return of the administrative user right. This includes inactive time prior to your desysopping if you were desysopped for inactivity and inactive time prior to the change in policy. Inactivity is defined as the absence of edits or logged actions. Until such time as you have been inactive for three years, you may request return of the tools at the bureaucrats' noticeboard. After you have been inactive for three years, you may seek return of the tools only through WP:RFA. Thank you. MBisanz talk 00:20, 4 December 2012 (UTC)
- Just reviewed my last 500 edits, which started just under a year ago... hafta say, I am so glad I left! What a waste of time this had become. Don't miss the dhrama at all! The user formerly known as Balloonman! — Preceding
Heya, I hope all is well with you. I feel you might like to click the link above for an interesting BLP issue relating to poker... if only for an interesting conversation! All the best. JaeDyWolf ~ Baka-San (talk) 04:07, 12 January 2013 (UTC)
I noticed ...
The twisted one formerly known as Balloonman04:31, 15 February 2013 (UTC), and for myself? I would absolutely LOVE to see you return. I'm glad to know that you've at least been looking in, and I think the project would benefit immeasurably with your return. Hope all is well in your world. —08:39, 15 February 2013 (UTC)
- just to let you know that you're missed and have not been forgotten.
- to share a link to a project that was at one time I believe very close to your heart: Wikipedia:WikiProject Admin Nominators
A year ago, you were the 108th recipient of my PumpkinSky Prize, repeated in br'erly style. Surprise: PumpkinSky came back (twice), - thank you for supporting him in October, - you flew high and away, we miss you! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 06:48, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
- Two years ago, you were the 108th recipient of my PumpkinSky Prize, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 06:51, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thre years ago ... - still missed. If you ever look: you may enjoy the spiral of justice ;) --Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:43, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
Notification of appeal
MfD nomination of User:Balloonman/afd/Moreno Valley Mall/article
User:Balloonman/afd/Moreno Valley Mall/article, a page you substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/User:Balloonman/afd/Moreno Valley Mall/article and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of User:Balloonman/afd/Moreno Valley Mall/article during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 10:15, 17 May 2013 (UTC)
Over Two years later
It's been over two years since I retired... and I can honestly say that I do not miss the drama at all... created a second account once... but haven't used that account in so long that I don't even remember the name of it... used some IPs which apparently are shared and get blocked on occasion... but I can't remember the last time I made a meaningful edit to WP. Life is so much easier without the Dhrama.!!!!18.104.22.168 (talk) 06:18, 30 August 2014 (UTC)
- Great to hear from you again, hope you are enjoying life outside the wiki. There are ways to be here and only take on the stress that you want. When the time feels right for you, you would be welcome back. ϢereSpielChequers 21:46, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
I see you were one of the major contributors to this article. I am currently finishing a rewrite, and I hope to nominate this for WP:GAN. One of my major weaknesses is that I am not an English speaker, so the article could use some copy editing. I am also not an expert on Christian topics, so I'd appreciate if a person more familiar with this area could ensure any terminology and such is correct. Would you be able to help? --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| reply here 06:27, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
Community desysoping RfC
A beer for you!
|Retired people need beers just as much as the rest of us. Hope the fish are biting, Balloonman. Drmies (talk) 22:04, 4 August 2015 (UTC)|
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:51, 23 November 2015 (UTC)