User talk:Banes/Archive 11
- 1 <3
- 2 Happy Valentine's day, dear Daniel!
- 3 Thank you
- 4 IQ
- 5 UPA
- 6 belated
- 7 userpage vandalism
- 8 Thanks
- 9 RFA Thanks!
- 10 Thank you!
- 11 Thanks
- 12 UPA
- 13 Hey...
- 14 Wow...
- 15 184.108.40.206
- 16 My RfA
- 17 Hanson (band) merger
- 18 Your userpage
- 19 Esperanza Elections
- 20 Power!
- 21 UPA
- 22 Thank you
- 23 My RfA
- 24 Steven Levitt AfD Discussion
- 25 You have email
- 26 IRC meeting?
- 27 Candlelight
- 28 It happened
- 29 A note from the Admin Coaching coordinator
- 30 snow is falling lazily
- 31 our project
- 32 Admin coaching
Happy Valentine's day, dear Daniel!
Hello Banes, thank you for you support in my RfA. I was promoted with a final count of 48/1/0! If you see me making any mistakes, let me know ASAP. -- WB 02:33, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
Saw your random info, and just wondered if you'd come across this test. Seems bit more reliable than some of the other online tests. I'd be interested to know what you get in that one if you decide to take it. Petros471 22:32, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, yeh I've also taken a few different ones with rather varying results! Think I got 124 on that one (whatever the mark was to just be 'eligible' for membership (and pay them money!). You've obviously got some good brains inside you, even if IQ is a flawed measure ;) Petros471 22:39, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
Hi there, long time no see. I hope you are doing well and had a nice Valentine's. I just wanted to let you know that we just got the 15 nominations for the UPA (finally!) so now you can go ahead and spam the judges into oblivion :D Cheers! -- Rune Welsh | ταλκ 22:45, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
- Absolutely no problem. I also keep forgetting that you're one timezone ahead of me. I didn't get your second question, but it doesn't matter: we can talk about it tomorrow. Good night! -- Rune Welsh | ταλκ 22:55, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
hey coach, Happy Valentine's Day belatedly. Will get to your new scenario as soon as I can, cheers... :-) Gryffindor 16:18, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
- cheers mate, thanks again for volunteering, will get in touch with you :-) Gryffindor
- Win some, lose some :-) But it hasn't even started yet, one advantage is that my page is used mostly to help newcomers, and his is self-promotion! εγκυκλοπαίδεια* 23:36, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
Hello Banes/Archive 11, and thank you for your support in my request for adminship! It passed with a final count of 98/2/0. If there is anything I can do to help you, please leave me a message on my talk page! -- xaosflux Talk
Thank you very much for your nomination for and support during my recent Admin election, I appreciate the trust that you have put in me. Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding my work as an admin.
Kind Regards, Elf-friend 06:50, 17 February 2006 (UTC)
I know it's your job now ;-) but thanks anyway for blocking 220.127.116.11. Whenever I report someone on AIV I'm always wondering how long will it take for someone to get there, and how much damage will that vandal do before then! Petros471 12:49, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
- Btw, your usepage 'wikistressmeter' has shown you as pretty stressed for a long time now. Are you? Or just been too lazy to update it :O ? Petros471 12:55, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
Banes, I think you forgot to switch the UPA overseer, on the upajudge template. I've recieved email :-P. I'm going to go around and try and smooth this out lol. ttyl KnowledgeOfSelf 21:59, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for spamming me! I'm flattered! And, how sweet! A rose! Hope your Valentine's Day was terrific...
BTW, an update...my testing center called and told me that they can't schedule my test 2.21.06, but it has to be 2.23.06-I'm obviously not that terribly disappointed! ;) Studying seems to be going better than before (with other tests), but violin practice is drooping some...so...I'm hoping to do better this week. Ah, well...hope your life is going well. (We went from grass to about a foot of snow! <whatever that is in metric...> *sigh*)--ViolinGirl♪ 19:03, 19 February 2006 (UTC)
- Wow, and last weekend it was near-electrocution. God is gracious!! We, too, had a power outage yesterday, actually. The wind was really strong, trees were falling down all over the place (thankfully, none on our property)...we were out for about, oh...six hours? Something like that. We have a generator, though, so it wasn't too bad. Besides, it forced me to practice some, too. Nice for you re:rain. I love rain. Beautiful.--ViolinGirl♪ 19:35, 19 February 2006 (UTC)
- The best rain is when it's warm AND raining. It's so incredible right before a storm, when the sky is all dark, and there's a break in the clouds, and the sun is shining on the trees or whatever. *sigh*...beautiful.
- I think the storm is mainly over, but I agree...the wind is impressive. I love it, so inspiring. So inspiring I tried some more lame poetry, but I'm so disgusted with it, I privated it on my xanga...:P (not that I'm that keen on xanga, it's just the outlet I use for poetry). Speaking of work (you said you were doing all your work on your computer), what exactly are you after in your schooling? You want to become a lawyer, or what?--ViolinGirl♪ 20:07, 19 February 2006 (UTC)
- Xanga is a blog thing. But yeah, I'm not giving you the link ;) because I even had to warn today: "Please don't laugh. I'm trying to write a hymn, and this just isn't coming together. Some of it I don't like because I sacrificed meaning for meter/rhyme...some of it sounds just plain stupid..." That's really neat, about becoming a pilot/lawyer. I love to fly...don't get to very often, but it's one of my favorite things to do. The RUSH it gives...neat.--ViolinGirl♪ 20:31, 19 February 2006 (UTC)
Same here re:only two lines. I was actually able to incorporate them into the poem in question of mine, and it turned out better, but the last stanzas were...pure stupidity. :) Ah, well...my inspiration comes at 21:00 (an equivalent to 01:00 in your sleeping needs ;)), so I always end up scrambling them down in the dark and destroying them in the morning. Anyway...I have a ton of stuff I want to try writing today before plunging into school tomorrow, so I should go...hope the rest of your weekend is marvelous...I don't want to hear about any more life-threatening experiences next weekend, okay? :D--ViolinGirl♪ 20:52, 19 February 2006 (UTC)
- Ha, ha! I knew it would get to you sometime! Ah...the results of being pious are good health!! LOL, jk...ttyl!--ViolinGirl♪ 21:17, 19 February 2006 (UTC)
Thanks Banes... I'm speechless! Your kind words really made my day! The heading You are too liberal with your blocks in the ToC made me think you were another IP with one of these messages though. :) Does this count as an irksome vandal? :D Regards, Sango123 (talk) 18:52, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, I really appreciate the fast reply after I posted my request. Thanks. ¡Dustimagic! (T/C) 06:48, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
Since I've been getting no response on AIV...
Hanson (band) merger
This proposed merger has been posted for quite some time and agreement to merge is 3-0. I have merged all the material into the main article and notice has been posted to the Wikipedia:Proposed mergers. Please explain why you are contradicting the unanimous vote? Jtmichcock 12:01, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
- Apologies, I saw the mass removal and pressed rollback, I immedietly tried to stop when I realized, but it reverted anyway. I went back and did a self revert straight away, but I think you edit-conflicted me. My mistake entirely. Banez 12:04, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
- No problem. It's been fixed up. Jtmichcock 12:08, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
After seeing the text missing earlier today, and then going onto my laptop (with a bigger screen) and finding the boxes way too big, I thought there had to be a better way. So I had a little play with your userpage (using preview)- you happy for me to go ahead and make some changes to it? What I would do is get rid of the height attribute to your content boxes, meaning that the will expand to whatever size needed to fit the contents automatically. --Petros471 18:38, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
- Looks like your official page maintainer Sango123 did it :) Guess I'll just have to be bolder next time! Petros471 20:42, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
Hey there Banes: Thanks so much for supporting me in the Esperanza elections. It means a lot to get some votes from great Wikipedians, and you're not exception. Even though I'm a bit down in the count right now, there's still a lot of time left. Thanks! Cheers, Bratschetalk 23:13, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
Have some nice clean solar cells for your computer:
Hey Banes, if you are around between 15:00 and 16:00 UTC could you meet me in the Esperanza channel? Thanks KnowledgeOfSelf 15:07, 23 February 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you for praying for me for my test. I appreciate it! Unfortunately, I didn't pass...what a let down! Anyway, I just got home from LeMoyne string ensemble, and it's 21:25, I'm supposed to be asleep at 20:30, and waking is at 05:00...so maybe I'll catch you later, fill you in on the (crazy) details of my life. :) --ViolinGirl♪ 02:26, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
With apologies for the impersonal AWB-ness of the message... Thanks for your support on my recent request for adminship. It passed at 91/1/0, and I hope I can continue to deserve the community's trust. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you, and if I make a mistake be sure to tell me. My talk page is always open. (ESkog)(Talk) 02:41, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
Steven Levitt AfD Discussion
Your presence is requested at the Steven Levitt deletion discussion. Wikipedia needs to be streamlined, and we can't possibly document every godless crackpot who comes up with some inane "theory". By creating articles on people who are out of touch with American values, we only give them a platform to preach their otherwise non-notable message from. Thanks for your time. :)
Peace in Christ
You have email
(hopefully) Petros471 18:08, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
You should know just from the headline eh? :) I'd like to discuss the UPA ASAP I think something needs to be done and someone gave a great idea I'd like to know what you think. Say between 9:00 and 14:00 UTC? KnowledgeOfSelf 09:22, 25 February 2006 (UTC) P.S. More power to you!! :)
- Inspiration and randomness are often interconnected. I really did like the poem. (Polite? What's that?) ;) And thanks! Blue and gray are my favorite colors, though green's nice too. :) Cheers, Sango123 (e) 19:29, 25 February 2006 (UTC)
A note from the Admin Coaching coordinator
Hello, coaches. As you can see, there is a significant backlog at the Esperanza Admin Coaching program. Since we do not want users to have to wait forever to get assigned, I'm asking all of you for a status report. If you feel that you are done, that your coachee is not active enough, or that you could handle the extra load from another coachee, please tell me in my talk page as soon as possible. Thanks! Titoxd(?!? - help us) 06:42, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
- Hey, Banes. Although we still need to work with Gryffindor a bit, s/he has already proven to a capable coachee, so would you like to help out with another user?  :) Thanks, Sango123 (e) 00:17, 27 February 2006 (UTC)
snow is falling lazily
Hey, Daniel...glad to hear you lived through the weekend. No, I'm not studying (study only from Mon-Sat, when I must :P). Next CLEP is Social Sciences and History...NOT looking forward to it, but I'm not sure when I'll plan on taking it either.
How are you doing, besides living through the weekend? I'm doing pretty well, although I have several issues going on in my mind (see this for a partial list)...it seems like I'm constantly fighting the flesh (laziness), and I'm tired of that. Ah, but that is getting RL-ish again, and is also making it sound worse than it really is. :/ So...yes, in general, I'm doing well. Sounds like you're keeping WikiBusy...--ViolinGirl♪ 20:27, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
- Ah, yes! I do remember seeing your solar cells. Still having problems with the electricity? How long has that been?--ViolinGirl♪ 21:14, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
hi Banes, thanks for your help. sorry about my belated reply, I have been having major issues with my internet, but it's been fixed now. I've posted my replies, thanks. Gryffindor 14:14, 27 February 2006 (UTC)
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. We haven't been assigned to a help out a new coachee yet, but I'll be sure to e-mail you once that occurs. :) Have an enjoyable WikiBreak. All the best, Sango123 (e) 00:43, 28 February 2006 (UTC)