CSD Declined - Moaid Mahjoub
Just to let you know that I declined the speedy deletion of Moaid Mahjoub. You tagged it as G11 and A7, but it was not blatant advertising, and there was notability asserted (journalist and TV host). You might wish to re-review the criteria for WP:CSD#A7 and WP:CSD#G11. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a note on my talk page. Stephen! Coming... 11:29, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- Sjb72, Having removed a load of redlink or mis-applied categories in the vein of rich & royal (linking to the Rich family, not to wealthy people) added to over-inflate the importance of the subject, I did not find the assertions of journalist / TV host - without any indication of which publication or TV station he worked at - to be credible. Obviously you saw it differently. Cabayi (talk) 11:57, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- CSD criteria is really down to the administrator, and I took the assertion to be credible for notability. However, I agree that without proper references, the article should be removed. As such I have nominated it for PROD. With regards to G11, blatant advertising is more akin to reading like advertising copy or someone's posted an obvious CV. Stephen! Coming... 16:43, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
Request Undeletion - Jayesh Mehta
Dear friend, the article was about the founder of a noteworthy company, Tekfusion for which a page has been requested for undeletion, and the reason I created the article was in extending the information about the founders of this noteworthy company, as it will save time for readers who would want to know more about the company's cofounders. The article was created in good faith and was not at all promotional in any sense. I hereby humbly request you to undelete it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by RaviKumar86 (talk • contribs) 12:59, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
- I'm not an admin, and you've already requested undeletion. If the article reappears and fails to make a case for the company's notability, or looking as promotional as it did last time, I'll request its deletion again. Especially if you're apparently using more than one user account. Cabayi (talk) 13:45, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
Seems we overlapped on the sock investigation. I also raised one as Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/Tianqingle which was the first time I saw this yesterday. I believe that is the older account. Jianghaiqingjianghaiqing and Wangpanwangpan seem newer.pseudonym Jake Brockman talk
- Jake Brockman, thanks for the heads-up. I agree entirely with your assessment. I've re-tagged Jianghaiqingjianghaiqing's socks with Tianqingle's SPI and added a new sock to the SPI. I went looking to add a G5 to their articles' CSDs but found they'd all been deleted on their own merits already. Cabayi (talk) 11:23, 9 August 2017 (UTC)
- Roxy the dog, not at all. I thought I'd caught a load of naughtiness, Jake Brockman had uncovered even more, which just goes to show - the more pairs of eyes, the better. Cabayi (talk) 16:47, 9 August 2017 (UTC)
- @Cabayi and Roxy the dog: Great team work! Thanks both! I hope the socks will get the message. I wouldn't be surprised to see some more tomorrow morning, though. Bracing for impact... pseudonym Jake Brockman talk 16:58, 9 August 2017 (UTC)
Hello! Thank you for your reply on that page. I think it's obvious that I am new and I am not aware of Wikipedia's policies. That is, just excuse me for any minor mistakes I make.
I knew that I was going to make a mistake in that edit requests from the very beginning, so if it is possible, I would like to ask some things.
I) Is it possible for that page to have the
|This user page is written in British English, which has its own spelling conventions (colour, travelled, centre, realise, defence), and some terms used in it are different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
editnotice box when editing it? Is it necessary to start with?
II) Thank you for reverting the non-constructive edits I made to Kingdom of Greece. I am now wondering, do you think it can be nominated as a good article? I believe that the improvements I made along with some other additions improved it a lot. And if so, what shall I do?
- Fair enough. I didn't think there was a COI but thought I should check before carrying out your request.
- I've not been involved in the Good Article & Featured Article area. The only article for which I have a GA credit was because I happened to have the necessary history book on my shelf to provide many of the source references. The article's talk page lists a couple of projects where you'll probably be able to get some help on this. It may also help to take a look at WP:GACR and to watch a couple of reviews to see how they play out just to get a feel for the process before diving in. Hope that helps, Cabayi (talk) 18:25, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
Speedy deletion declined: List of all boxing glove brands
Hello Cabayi. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of List of all boxing glove brands, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: Not an unambiguous copyright infringement, or there is other content to save. Thank you. Primefac (talk) 14:29, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
- Primefac, Sorry, I don't understand. It's a direct copy. Even down to "TOP King" being out of sequence. There's nothing ambiguous about it. Cabayi (talk) 16:28, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
- Lists cannot be copyrighted. It sucks, and it's a stupid page (hence the PROD) but that's the way it goes. Primefac (talk) 16:31, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
23:29, 14 August 2017 (UTC)