User talk:Berean Hunter
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
- 1 Nazi trolls
- 2 Note
- 3 Apollo The Logician
- 4 UTRS appeal #22606
- 5 The Bugle: Issue CXLIX, September 2018
- 6 Milhist coordinator election voting has commenced
- 7 I tried to edit without logging in
- 8 Sorry to bother you, Berean Hunter but I have a question regarding adminstrators
- 9 You sended a message I can not find
I don't know what prompted you to check 18.104.22.168/16, but one of the accounts spewing Nazi-conspiracies on Barbara Lerner Spectre is from that range. If there's anything you can do, anything I don't know anything about, go for it. Thanks, Drmies (talk) 02:09, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
Just a brief note to inform you, as the admin who blocked RakiaLittle, that they (i.e. their sockmaster) are apparently asking for forgiveness on User talk:RakiaLittle. IntoThinAir (formerly Everymorning) talk 21:46, 5 September 2018 (UTC)
- He hasn't filed an unblock request but I'll also note that he was trying to dictate terms to us just a few weeks ago so I'm not sure that he is ready anyway.
— Berean Hunter (talk) 21:54, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Apollo The Logician
Hi. I recently opened a sockpuppet investigation for an IP range and a dynamic IP that have the same edit pattern of Apollo The Logician. I thought you might be interested in taking a look at their contributions. --Jamez42 (talk) 23:40, 5 September 2018 (UTC)
Time: Sep 09, 2018 17:56:01
Message: Can you advise on this please? It just says CU block so I'm a little unsure. Is this a CU block for the sockpuppet that used this range back in 2015? Can I do anything for this user?
- If you do not have an account on UTRS, you may create one at
- Alternatively, you can respond here and indicate whether you are supportive or opposed to an unblock for this user and your rationale, if applicable.
- Amanda and 5 albert square, this report is completely false which explains why UTRS gets fed bad info for the underlying blocking admin on many reports. According to that, I made a checkuser block back in 2015 even though I wasn't a checkuser. Here is the real block log where it shows that my last rangeblock was to expire in 2016 and the first checkuser block was made by KrakatoaKatie. I've never seen into that range with the CU tool. I identified this bug back in July and filed at phabricator. That bug has affected us since 2014.
— Berean Hunter (talk) 22:50, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- @5 albert square: Yes, this is for the sockmaster you've referenced. I think you can safely send them to ACC. Katietalk 00:49, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue CXLIX, September 2018
The Bugle is published by the Military history WikiProject. To receive it on your talk page, please join the project or sign up here.
If you are a project member who does not want delivery, please remove your name from this page. Your editors, Ian Rose (talk) and Nick-D (talk) 22:19, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
Milhist coordinator election voting has commenced
G'day everyone, voting for the 2018 Wikiproject Military history coordinator tranche is now open. This is a simple approval vote; only "support" votes should be made. Project members should vote for any candidates they support by 23:59 (UTC) on 28 September 2018. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:22, 15 September 2018 (UTC) Note: the previous version omitted a link to the election page, therefore you are receiving this follow up message with a link to the election page to correct the previous version. We apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
I tried to edit without logging in
I tried to do a quick edit this morning but it appears that you have blocked me.
Could you give me an explanation for this?
- If you were blocked, you wouldn't be able to post here.
— Berean Hunter (talk) 14:27, 22 September 2018 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you, Berean Hunter but I have a question regarding adminstrators
I have been on Wikipedia for a long time and editing articles anonymously and not logged in while editing. I have been thinking about becoming an administrator but I cannot find a simple guide on becoming one. What are the benefits of being an admin and how do you block users (not that I want to block anybody without good reason, but I want to make Wikipedia a safe and better place.) Also, how long does it take to be an administrator and where can I sign up after I create an account? I would like to work in the UTRS as well.
- Step one is to have an account. From that, you can gain experience but it will take time. Don't try to sign up after getting an account as that would be shot down immediately. Becoming an admin shouldn't really be a primary goal.
— Berean Hunter (talk) 14:27, 22 September 2018 (UTC)
You sended a message I can not find
Hello Beran Hunter I received an info that you contacted me on my talk page - but I see nothing. I am reverting at this time in the article The Bang Bang Club (film) chances by a new editor. Now I see that you in the Revision history did a rollback. Best.--Maxim Pouska (talk) 05:48, 24 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hello Maxim Pouska, in addition to the revert on that article, I also removed an LTA sockpuppet's comments to your talk page to deny him recognition.
— Berean Hunter (talk) 12:41, 24 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hello User:Berean Hunter Thanks, I thought it was a sock puppet too. I am planning to edit again more in all the articles around the Bang Bang Club - speciel Kevin Carter and The vulture and the little girl starting in Decembre or January. I did the research last year allredy. Best--Maxim Pouska (talk) 14:41, 24 September 2018 (UTC)