|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
Please leave a message below (I archive the talkpage when it reaches 30 to 40kb in size, so check out the archive or the talkpage history if you want to see an older discussion).
- 1 File:Hrolfr Kraki sows the seeds of the fyris wolds.jpg missing description details
- 2 Harald the Old
- 3 Out with the old...
- 4 Requested move
- 5 Request for comment
- 6 New Details to Runestone U22
- 7 Redirect undone
- 8 Ditt riktiga namn för att attribuera en bild till?
- 9 Fråga/ladda ner bild
- 10 Possibly unfree File:Hrólfr Kraki's last stand.jpg
- 11 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 12 Nomination for deletion of Template:Hrethling
- 13 Extended confirmed protection
- 14 Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
- 15 A new user right for New Page Patrollers
- 16 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 17 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 18 Frakkland listed at Redirects for discussion
- 19 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
File:Hrolfr Kraki sows the seeds of the fyris wolds.jpg missing description details
is missing a description and/or other details on its image description page. If possible, please add this information. This will help other editors make better use of the image, and it will be more informative to readers.
If the information is not provided, the image may eventually be proposed for deletion, a situation which is not desirable, and which can easily be avoided.If you have any questions, please see Help:Image page. Thank you. Theo's Little Bot (error?) 09:44, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
- Oh my... this is one of those articles I wrote in a haste, covering an area of Norse myth. I added the primary sources he appeared in, planning to add secondary sources later for this article and some other ones. I simply don't have the time to do it at the moment. Unless someone wants to adopt it, I suggest you post it for deletion. Best,--Berig (talk) 08:28, 29 June 2013 (UTC)
Out with the old...
A discussion is taking place as to whether the article Draugr, recently moved to Draug, should be moved back. The discussion may be found at Talk:Draug#New requested move discussion: return article to Draugr. Yngvadottir (talk) 20:06, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
Request for comment
Hello there, a proposal regarding pre-adminship review has been raised at Village pump by here is very much appreciated. Many thanks. Jim Carter through MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:46, 28 May 2014 (UTC). Your comments
New Details to Runestone U22
Hi Berig: Letting you know that I undid this redirect from 2007 and expanded the Fossegrim article - Norwegian folklore distinguishes them. Hope all is well with you. Yngvadottir (talk) 21:00, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
Ditt riktiga namn för att attribuera en bild till?
- Hej Fredrik. Jag ber om ursäkt för sent svar. Jag har mejlat dig på adressen du angav.--Berig (talk) 07:17, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
Fråga/ladda ner bild
Hej Berig, jag skulle vilja fråga om jag får ladda ner två runsten-bilder (Sö 126 och Sö 173)? Vi ska publicera en bok om runstenar och behöver precis de två bilderna. Vänliga hälsningar, Ulrike Nordistik (talk) 08:05, 4 June 2015 (UTC) Universität Basel Seminar für Nordistik -Bibliothek- Nadelberg 6 4051 Basel
- Hej Ulrike,
- om ni meddelar mig er e-mail-address så kan jag kontakta er med den. --Berig (talk) 07:16, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
Possibly unfree File:Hrólfr Kraki's last stand.jpg
A file that you uploaded or altered, File:Hrólfr Kraki's last stand.jpg, has been listed at Wikipedia:Possibly unfree files because its copyright status is unclear or disputed. If the file's copyright status cannot be verified, it may be deleted. You may find more information on the file description page. You are welcome to add comments to its entry at the discussion if you object to the listing for any reason. Thank you. Kelly hi! 00:10, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:11, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Nomination for deletion of Template:Hrethling
Template:Hrethling has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Magioladitis (talk) 23:36, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- This is an easily verifiable family tree. In those early and innocent days of Wikipedia when I made it, you weren't expected to add a bibliography for that kind of template. You'd probably better remove it since I have too much to do IRL to commit myself to adding a bibliography, ATM.--Berig (talk) 16:19, 13 May 2016 (UTC)
Extended confirmed protection
Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
Please note that TOTP based two-factor authentication is now available for all administrators. In light of the recent compromised accounts, you are encouraged to add this additional layer of security to your account. It may be enabled on your preferences page in the "User profile" tab under the "Basic information" section. For basic instructions on how to enable two-factor authentication, please see the developing help page for additional information. Important: Be sure to record the two-factor authentication key and the single use keys. If you lose your two factor authentication and do not have the keys, it's possible that your account will not be recoverable. Furthermore, you are encouraged to utilize a unique password and two-factor authentication for the email account associated with your Wikimedia account. This measure will assist in safeguarding your account from malicious password resets. Comments, questions, and concerns may be directed to the thread on the administrators' noticeboard. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:34, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
A new user right for New Page Patrollers
A new user group, New Page Reviewer, has been created in a move to greatly improve the standard of new page patrolling. The user right can be granted by any admin at PERM. It is highly recommended that admins look beyond the simple numerical threshold and satisfy themselves that the candidates have the required skills of communication and an advanced knowledge of notability and deletion. Admins are automatically included in this user right.
It is anticipated that this user right will significantly reduce the work load of admins who patrol the performance of the patrollers. However,due to the complexity of the rollout, some rights may have been accorded that may later need to be withdrawn, so some help will still be needed to some extent when discovering wrongly applied deletion tags or inappropriate pages that escape the attention of less experienced reviewers, and above all, hasty and bitey tagging for maintenance. User warnings are available here but very often a friendly custom message works best.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:37, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Frakkland listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Frakkland. Since you had some involvement with the Frakkland redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. Thryduulf (talk) 12:30, 20 May 2017 (UTC)