User talk:Black Falcon
|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original talk page is located at
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot III. Threads with no replies in 14 days may be automatically moved.|
- 1 Phantom quartz
- 2 Request for comment
- 3 Appears to be an error
- 4 Request for Comment
- 5 CFDs that are overdue for closing
- 6 Sockpuppet issue
- 7 Category:New Naturalist author
- 8 Some speedy noms
- 9 Hi!
- 10 Request for comment
- 11 Category:Establishments in Ottoman Syria by year
- 12 Independence, Mississippi
- 13 The Wikipedia Library needs you!
- 14 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 15 ArbCom elections are now open!
- Sorry, I don't know much about minerals. You may have more luck at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Geology. -- Black Falcon (talk) 19:37, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
Request for comment
Hello there, a proposal regarding pre-adminship review has been raised at Village pump by here is very much appreciated. Many thanks. Jim Carter through MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:46, 28 May 2014 (UTC). Your comments
Appears to be an error
All major news outlets are reporting that the Malaysian flight was shot down, and there is a consensus to post that fact. There is not going to be an "official" finding for months or years. The ITN criteria is to follow the reliable sources. Please reverse your edit or I will do so on your behalf should you be unavailable to reply, as this is a very timely matter that should not linger. Thank you. Jehochman Talk 00:00, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
- It looks like you've been offline for about 5 hours and might not return for a while, so I've proceeded to update the blurb. All major, reliable news reporting says that the plane was shot down. We should not yet say who did the shooting, though the reports and theories are going to be covered in the article. Please discuss with me before reverting. Please feel free to email me for urgent attention. Thanks. Jehochman Talk 00:07, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for notifying me, but your statement is incorrect: some major news sources (such as NYT) are reporting that MH17 was shot down and some (such as BBC) are reporting that MH17 is suspected to have been shot down. I have responded to your comment at WP:ITN/C so that we can try to keep the discussion in one place. Thanks, -- Black Falcon (talk) 00:53, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
Request for Comment
Based on your comments here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Avoiding_harm, I am interested in having your feedback/criticism dialogue here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(policy)#Guideline_for_crime_victims_of_world_wide_significanceMeropeRiddle (talk) 11:06, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
CFDs that are overdue for closing
Hi. If you get this message before any blocks are doled out, could you perhaps have a quick look at this SPI and see what you think should be done as a result of the finding? I think all the relevant info is well summarized there. I am involved in the discussion in which a sock was recently used the single time, so I shouldn't be doing anything administrative there. The sock should obviously be blocked, but not sure what should be done with the "puppeteer" in this case. Good Ol’factory (talk) 00:43, 13 November 2014 (UTC)
- Uh, never mind, as it's gotten more complex. The users are now both claiming that they have nothing to do with one another. Previously I thought it was just going to be a straightforward case of a user foolishly using a sock one time to bolster one of his positions, but clearly this is going somewhere else, so I won't ask you to become involved (unless of course you are keen). Good Ol’factory (talk) 03:39, 13 November 2014 (UTC)
The speedy rename of Category:New Naturalist author is listed under opposed. Just looked at that discussion and did not see any opposition to renaming. So let me know if this can be a speedy move. Thanks. Vegaswikian (talk) 00:31, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
Some speedy noms
At the speedy renaming of Category:Gas stations of Iceland, Category:Gas stations of the United States and Category:Gas stations of Ukraine you suggested that "Gas station" should be replaced with "Filling station", however that was opposed by an IP. I have processed the original proposal to replace "of" with "in". Feel free to initiate a full discussion about your suggestion.
You also brought up the concern that Category:New Naturalist author is a violation of WP:OC#PERF, but I have still renamed the category to Category:New Naturalist authors (to which the creator of the category agreed). Feel free to nominate the category for deletion. Armbrust The Homunculus 16:55, 18 January 2015 (UTC)
Request for comment
Hi Black Falcon, I hope you are cyberly doing well. Stumbling across wiki articles and getting to learn its ever growing rules, I came across your profile and interests, I figured an article Visual Collaborative relisted under afd discussions may be of interest? If this is not the case thanks either way and have a great day. have a great day. Mnanonymous (talk) 13:35, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
Category:Establishments in Ottoman Syria by year
Category:Establishments in Ottoman Syria by year, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. Ricky81682 (talk) 16:15, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
The Wikipedia Library needs you!
We hope The Wikipedia Library has been a useful resource for your work. TWL is expanding rapidly and we need your help!
With only a couple hours per week, you can make a big difference for sharing knowledge. Please sign up and help us in one of these ways:
- Account coordinators: help distribute free research access
- Partner coordinators: seek new donations from partners
- Communications coordinators: share updates in blogs, social media, newsletters and notices
- Technical coordinators: advise on building tools to support the library's work
- Outreach coordinators: connect to university libraries, archives, and other GLAMs
- Research coordinators: run reference services
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:07, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:32, 23 November 2015 (UTC)