Start - May 2009
- 1 Questions about Wikipedia & SuggestBot
- 2 Re: Technic Pack G10
- 3 Pokemon merges
- 4 Holiday wishes!
- 5 Category:Fictional reptilian Pokémon
- 6 Super Tetris
- 7 Ivysaur
- 8 Request
- 9 Hello! There is a DR/N request you may have interest in.
- 10 Addition of fan page at 'Personal life'
- 11 Pictures up for deletion. Help
- 12 ANI User:Ryulong
- 13 WPVG Assessment Requests
- 14 Re: Can you delete my old edits?
- 15 Blake 7 discussion if you are interested.
- 16 Holiday wishes!
- 17 Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam
- 18 Re: Smash characters
- 19 Orphaned non-free image File:494Victini.png
- 20 The Nerd has responded
- 21 Orphaned non-free image File:Entei244.png
- 22 Orphaned non-free image File:Pokémon Squirtle art.png
- 23 Saw the discussion on WT:VG
- 24 Orphaned non-free image File:Pokémon Bulbasaur art.png
- 25 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 26 MfD nomination of User:Blake/Pokémon League
- 27 Orphaned non-free image File:Zorua and Zoroark.png
- 28 Orphaned non-free image File:Pokémon Latias, Latios art.png
Questions about Wikipedia & SuggestBot
Hi, we’ve been running a research experiment with SuggestBot and would like to ask you some questions about Wikipedia and SuggestBot. You can find more information and the questions on this page. It should take less than ten minutes to respond. We would greatly appreciate if you had the time to participate! Regards, Nettrom (talk) 19:06, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
- Hi again, just stopping by with a one-time reminder that we would really like to hear from you! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 20:35, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
Re: Technic Pack G10
Re your message: As I , my deletion reason was correct. The recreated "article" was not an article, but an insult to people who don't like Technic Pack. It was not an attempt to recreate the article so G4 would not be the appropriate reason. -- Gogo Dodo (talk) 03:15, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
I want your input on what should be merged. I'm suggesting:
Treecko, Torchic, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Victini, Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat, Clefairy, Vulpix, Weedle, Kakuna, and Beedrill, Wigglytuff, Farfetch'd, Gengar, Cubone, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, Scyther, Hypno, Slowpoke and Slowbro, Staryu and Starmie, Smoochum, Suicune, Steelix, Girafarig, Espeon and Umbreon, Chikorita, Bayleef, and Meganium, Cyndaquil, Quilava, and Typhlosion, Totodile, Croconaw, and Feraligatr, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot, Rattata, Arcanine, Oddish, Gloom, and Vileplume, and Ekans and Arbok. - New Age Retro Hippie (talk) (contributions) 21:25, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
- I think all of these could go quietly except for:
- I actually thought this list was going to be way longer, but after seeing everything, I removed a few early picks like Blaziken, and really, I would be okay with the Johto starter trees staying. Blake (Talk·Edits) 02:15, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
I hope you'll have great meals, memorable family reunions and joyful times with those you love. :)
Category:Fictional reptilian Pokémon
Category:Fictional reptilian Pokémon, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 08:34, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
- Uhh, if you have more to add to it, sure. I was sort of disappointed that the only sources I could find were the basic "About" pages from GameSpot, IGN, GameFAQs. Didn't really think it fit standards at all. Main reason I worked on the article was because I owned Tetris Blast, and spent a lot of time playing it in my youth! ;) Blake (Talk·Edits) 15:01, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
When articles don't meet our expectations for quality, we fix them, not delete them. When they don't meet the encyclopedia's expectations for notability, we nominate them for AfD and then delete them. If Ivysaur isn't notable, nominate it for AfD, but if it's just not complete enough for you in its present state, that's different. You said (and I'd agree) that it's messy and not of very high quality right now--WP:SOFIXIT. Red Slash 17:29, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- When I said "messy layout" I meant you recreated it wrong. If you look at how it was before the merge you will see how it is in the layout that most of our articles follow.
- As for notability, the central group of editors that mainly work on these Pokemon articles(myself included) realized that what we were doing with reception was wrong. A great deal of the articled had garbage reception that didn't really say why they were a notable character. If you look at Ivysuar, it mostly describes it or compares it to other Pokemon. Nothing really says why it is an important character that needs mention.
- "SOFIXIT" - I split most of these characters myself. I am allowed to put them back if I feel that was a bad idea. I spent a lot of time looking for reception, and while there may be more out there(I stopped about two years ago), I am done looking. So it is not on me to fix it anymore.
- Also, AfD is largely used incorrectly. It is for DELETING articles and content. An AfD doesn't need to opened to merge content from one article to another. The content is moved, not deleted. If you want me to start a 'merge discussion', then I wouldn't be entirely opposed to that. Blake (Talk·Edits) 18:19, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- Well, the content on the overall list page is going to be there no matter what, so removal of content from the exact page Ivysaur seems to me to be a deletion. I haven't been a regular AfD-er in a very, very long time; has it changed, perhaps? When I was there, a deletion of content from one location and merging it into another would've been perfectly normal.
- Ivysaur in my mind in particular is notable enough to get its own article branched off from the main list, since it has the appearance in the Smash Bros game. There's only ever been what, seven or so playable Pokémon characters in SSB? (I'm mildly embarrassed that I know that at the drop of a hat! ) My contention was that if you want to say, no, it's not notable enough for its own article, that it needs to be discussed either on that article's talk page or at AfD. You can put them back if you feel it's a bad idea, but it's something that definitely needs an article-specific discussion, right? Red Slash 00:51, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
Hi Blake. I'm currently writing an article on the topic of list management for the upcoming (due October 3) WP:VG Newsletter and I was wondering if you'd be willing to write a paragraph or so to help the article. I'm interested in your perspective on lists because we've had some minor disagreements in the past regarding lists and I want to present a wide diversity of views. Any thoughts you could share would be most appreciated. You can see a draft of the article and where your contributions would be needed at User:Thibbs/Sandbox7 (just text search your username). Please let me know if you'd be willing to contribute to the newsletter. -Thibbs (talk) 15:01, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for your note. I have to admit I was amazed by that 2001 date! :) I'll work your comment into the article and post here when I've completed it so you can review how I used your words. Thanks. -Thibbs (talk) 16:49, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
Hello! There is a DR/N request you may have interest in.
This message is being sent to let you know of a discussion at the Wikipedia:Dispute resolution noticeboard regarding a content dispute discussion you may have participated in. Content disputes can hold up article development and make editing difficult for editors. You are not required to participate, but you are both invited and encouraged to help find a resolution. The thread is "Talk:Pokémon X and Y". Please join us to help form a consensus. Thank you! EarwigBot operator / talk 19:21, 5 September 2013 (UTC)
Addition of fan page at 'Personal life'
First of all, thanks for your effort in the Dyrus page. Considering the fact that you have more experience with Wikipedia pages than I do, I was wondering if including that Dyrus also has a fan page on Reddit is relevant to the page and should be included.— Preceding unsigned comment added by SeeminglySubdued (talk • contribs)
- No problem! I don't think the fact that Dyrus made his own subreddit is notable at all. In general, when adding information that isn't the basic necessities, try to get a source from a site like IGN or GameSpot. They are reliable sources and will help keep the article not get deleted. Also, please when commenting on a talkpage, use four tidle signs(~~~~, found under esc or left of 1). It will sign your post with your name and the date/time automatically. Blake (Talk·Edits) 16:05, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
Pictures up for deletion. Help
This is the last ask for help, promise. :-)
I'm sure your familiar with League of Legends, right? Any way, this guy put the pictures on my page up for deletion and they're making it very hard for me. Even with SoloMid's blessing with their simple response: 'Go for it' wasn't enough to convince them as I said that I wanted to use it for the article and not that everyone may use it.
Can you sort this out if you wish? Can't have a Dyrus page without pictures.
- Uhh, I usually edit video game characters, so I am more familiar with how game art works, not pictures of real people. Not sure about the guidelines on that. Blake (Talk·Edits) 23:43, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
Hello. There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. The discussion is about the topic User:Ryulong. Thank you. — I am posting this to you because of an incident a few weeks ago in which I remarked to Ryulong that they appeared to be threatening another user, to which you also added your thoughts. I believe this could be a good intervention for User:Ryulong and so if you'd like to weigh in, it could be very helpful for him. Antoshi ☏ ★ 23:31, 29 September 2013 (UTC)
WPVG Assessment Requests
Hi there. I recently reviewed your request for the article Donkey Kong 64 to have its quality enhanced to C-Class, which I passed. Owing to the backlog of incomplete requests there, it seems there is a lack of active reviewers involved in the process. I'm wondering if you have time conduct a review on my request for the article Grand Theft Auto V enhanced to B-Class. Alternatively, if DarthBotto (talk · contribs), Gabriel Yuji (talk · contribs) and Benlisquare (talk · contribs) want to get involved we can help to clear some of these old requests pending approval. CR4ZE (t) 06:43, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
Re: Can you delete my old edits?
Hi Blake, yes, I remember being alerted to your situation back when it happened. There are/were actually five edits misattributed to your username – three of them later became invisible in your contributions page due to vug 34873. Now that I have the importupload right (which allows me to import edits from pretty much anywhere), I can delete the misattributed edits and re-import them under the username "Blake (usurped); a steward could probably have done that back in 2011 but none of the editors dealing with your case had thought of that solution. I've managed to do this for four out of five of your edits, except one to Internal combustion engine, which I can't delete without the assistance of a steward. I've asked for such assistance on IRC, but haven't received a response yet; I'll probably be able to get that edit (which happens to be affected by vug 34873) out of the way within the next day or two at the most. Graham87 03:52, 30 November 2013 (UTC)
Blake 7 discussion if you are interested.
I wish you success and happiness in your endeavours for this coming year, and I hope we'll be able to carry on improving the wonderful project that is Wikipedia together! Keep rocking on! :)
Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam
Couldn't find any sources for their similar appearances to the Baphomet / Sabbatical Goat, but would it be alright to tweak their physical description to include their goat-like appearance? Something along the lines of "Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam are bipedal Pokémon characterized by their humanoid body structure and facial structure that draws inspiration from foxes and goats"? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:44, 31 December 2013 (UTC)
Re: Smash characters
As I've mentioned, I'm pretty indifferent on whether an article's created for the collective SSB cast. New Age Retro Hippie says he has ample sources, so I trust him. Tezero (talk) 19:06, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- It's not perfect. The reason I choose to use "Re:" sections rather than keep it all on my talk page or anyone else's is that I don't want to have to leave "You have messages at Tezero's talk page" notifications. The downside is that my system doesn't work as well when there are multiple users involved. Maybe I should switch to keeping discussions on mine, though, as the tagging system seems to function - I'll probably do that when I get around to archiving my talk page. Tezero (talk) 20:14, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:494Victini.png
Thanks for uploading File:494Victini.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
The Nerd has responded
Orphaned non-free image File:Entei244.png
- OMFG Stefan2 you really need to start checking if a page has just been vandalized before nominating allegedly "unused" images for deletion!!!!! ☺ · Salvidrim! · ✉ 21:54, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Pokémon Squirtle art.png
Thanks for uploading File:Pokémon Squirtle art.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Saw the discussion on WT:VG
Must say...glad we managed to build the articles we did before these 'evolving standards' kicked in. Though I figured something like this was bound to come up again given how many they keep cranking out and the lower number of Pokemon notable enough to get their own article from the new titles pop up. That said would probably be in our best interest to try and tidy up what articles we do have up so they don't get nixed in case this snowballs.--Kung Fu Man (talk) 04:17, 13 October 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, not sure exactly what these "evolving standards" are. The consensus previously has been that list of characters are allowed as spinoffs of main series articles, Pokemon just has a larger amount of similarly notable characters where except for the basic table, the massive amount of lists with prose were required to avoid undue weight. I don't edit anymore really, it just sort of bothers me there is no opposition to their proposal. Blake (Talk·Edits) 13:37, 13 October 2015 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Pokémon Bulbasaur art.png
Thanks for uploading File:Pokémon Bulbasaur art.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:31, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
MfD nomination of User:Blake/Pokémon League
User:Blake/Pokémon League, a page which you created or substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; you may participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/User:Blake/Pokémon League and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of User:Blake/Pokémon League during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. Ricky81682 (talk) 04:32, 10 February 2016 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Zorua and Zoroark.png
Thanks for uploading File:Zorua and Zoroark.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Orphaned non-free image File:Pokémon Latias, Latios art.png
Thanks for uploading File:Pokémon Latias, Latios art.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).