User talk:Bob the Wikipedian
(If you think my signature looks ugly, try installing the special Wikipedia version of Linux Libertine O)
|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
Please consider leaving a joke. Jokes may be deleted and/or censored at this user's own discretion.
- 1 Speciesbox Cephalopyge trematoides
- 2 Template:Birdbox
- 3 Pope Benedict XVI
- 4 Wicnic 2013
- 5 German translation
- 6 Re.'09 Census
- 7 On behalf of Norway: Great work!
- 8 Wiknic 2013, part 2
- 9 Disambiguation link notification for July 20
- 10 IRC
- 11 Great American Wiknic Barnstar
- 12 Nomination for deletion of Template:Virusbox
- 13 Need help
- 14 Disambiguation link notification for December 7
- 15 The Wikipedia Library Survey
- 16 Trabzonspor and 1461 Trabzon Articles
- 17 Evansville, Indiana
- 18 JSTOR Survey (and an update)
- 19 Creating a page
- 20 Request for comment
- 21 Great American Wiknic 2014 - Southern Indiana
- 22 Meetup
- 23 Please fill out your JSTOR email
- 24 Malo (jellyfish)
- 25 Disambiguation link notification for September 21
- 26 Disambiguation link notification for September 28
- 27 Disambiguation link notification for October 27
- 28 Special:Diff/656162163
- 29 The Signpost: 15 April 2015
Speciesbox Cephalopyge trematoides
Hi, Bob, I was hoping to edit the Cephalopyge taxobox, however the speciesbox template you created does not seem to accomodate what I have in mind. Perhaps you may be willing to help. I would like to add the genus authority, which is Hanel, 1905 (this is pertinent to distinguish it from Cephalopyge Geyer, 1988, a jr. homonym that continues to be used widely, even though it has been replaced with Marocconus). Further, it turns out there is quite a cartload of synonyms for the genus (Ctilopsis, Dactylopus, Nectophyllirhoe, Boopsis and Bonneviia), and for C. trematoides (C. mediterraneus, C. orientalis, C. picteti, C. michaelsarsi, C. arabica). The reference for this is 
- Lalli, Carol M.; Gilmer, Ronald W. (1989). Pelagic Snails: The Biology of Holoplanktonic Gastropod Mollusks. Stanford University Press.
I did some enhancements sometime ago but it seems like something has gone wrong now - please see the table display in Sarus Crane and check if I have messed up something here. Shyamal (talk) 06:17, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
Pope Benedict XVI
Thanks for the note! I don't know if I'll be able to come; I hope I won't, but I'll probably be able to. Nothing against attending, but I'm graduating and would like to have a real job (one for which my degree is required) by then, but I'm afraid that I won't. Nyttend (talk) 03:43, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
- Not looking for just a summer job — a permanent job that requires my graduate degree(s) is my goal. By the way, be sure to get gas in Henderson if you're down there: it was $3.25 on Green Street when I was there today, while the cheapest I saw anywhere in Indiana (Jasper) was about $3.49. I travelled all the way from Paducah today, and never did I see prices in Kentucky higher than the lowest I found them here in Indiana. Nyttend (talk) 04:01, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
- Wow, it would be nice to have that; it's mid-3.50s here now. At least it's not like it was in Cairo, Illinois — the only station I saw there was in the 3.70s. Illinois has substantially higher gas taxes than Kentucky or Missouri: it's no wonder that this city of several thousand people with four major highways has almost no gas stations. Meanwhile, I sent an email to Chanitra to let her know about the wiknic; she replied but didn't say anything about whether she'd expect to participate. Nyttend (talk) 00:31, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
Hello. I was on Wikipedia:Translators available and notice that you were on the list for German to English translators and wondered if you could translate de:Louis Philippe Marie Léopold d’Orléans, prince de Condé to Louis d'Orléans, Prince of Condé? Thank you.--The Emperor's New Spy (talk) 18:17, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- Hello, there's no need to deal with this. The Emperor's New Spy has been asking quite a lot of translators and Bermicourt was the fastest to create the article. De728631 (talk) 21:10, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
On behalf of Norway: Great work!
On behalf of Norwegian (Bokmaal) wikipedians and biology contributors in Norway, I would like to thank you for the magnificent work you have done to revitalize the biology-related taxo-boxes for our Wikipedia version. The present system has grown into a bewildering wilderness, so your clarification - in co-operation with the biologist Petter Böckman - will be well received. Thank you for a great contribution!
Wiknic 2013, part 2
I just realised that I'd heard nothing about plans for a Bloomington meetup; is anyone still talking about it? I'll be able to participate on any coming Saturday, except for the 22nd. Nyttend (talk) 15:44, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
- Can't remember if it were to you or to Ben whom I was mentioning this today, so leaving the same message for both of you. Rockhouse Cliffs Rockshelters is the rockshelter site in question; as you can see from File:Rockhouse Hollow shelter with human for scale, interior.jpg, its ceiling is several times the height of a person, and it's quite the impressive sight when you come around the corner and observe it for the first time. Thanks for participating in the meetup! Nyttend (talk) 06:37, 16 June 2013 (UTC)
- Just saw your "what we did" note on the meetup page. A couple of relevant articles for genealogy are Illinois Country and Illinois County, Virginia, while the Treaty of Versailles bit is related to Neutral Moresnet. Also, see here ("Lst dr") for the gas station I was talking about that's officially in Kentucky although on the Evansville side of the river (zoom in for details); of course I understand it's rather far away for you to go normally, but it's normally worth it if you're already nearby. "LST" refers to the museum ship USS LST-325, which is docked at the end of the street in what's officially Indiana. Nyttend (talk) 06:54, 16 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited List of group-1 ISBN publisher codes, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Twin Sisters (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Great American Wiknic Barnstar
Great American Wiknic Barnstar
You are awarded this mighty Great American Wiknic Barnstar for your valorous efforts in helping to organize the 2013 Great American Wiknic in the great city of Bloomington. -—Pharos (talk) 15:50, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
Template:Virusbox has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. eh bien mon prince (talk) 00:26, 18 October 2013 (UTC)
|Wingspan||630–710 mm (24.8–28.0 in)|
Hi Bob, could you see what I messed up when I tried to enhance the template - see the wingspan and weightf parameters usage on Amur Falcon. Thanks in advance. Shyamal (talk) 14:01, 3 December 2013 (UTC)
- Also any chance that we can move to LUA. Shyamal (talk) 15:45, 3 December 2013 (UTC)
- There seems to be another problem with the wingspan parameter. Shyamal (talk) 05:36, 7 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Deverry, you added links pointing to the disambiguation pages Triple Goddess, Crescent moon and Priestess (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
The Wikipedia Library Survey
As a subscriber to one of The Wikipedia Library's programs, we'd like to hear your thoughts about future donations and project activities in this brief survey. Thanks and cheers, Ocaasi t | c 15:02, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
Trabzonspor and 1461 Trabzon Articles
Hi Bob, there has been an ongoing issue about my edits and I have tried every way to resolve this but still no luck so I am now trying the final way by contracting an administirator like yourself. What I wrote in the dispute resolution noticeboard really summarizes the situation well, so I am going to copy and paste it here:
Have you discussed this on a talk page?
Yes, I have discussed this issue on a talk page already.
Location of dispute
I would like some of your time and take a look at these articles Revision History: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1461_Trabzon In this article if you just look at the version before mine, you will see that it is written in a very offensive language and really bad english. ( I know mine is not perfect also but there must be some kind of stability ;) ) It stayed there for a really long time then I edited the article. Now, please take look at this page; https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Trabzonspor&offset=20131124214707&action=history As you can see, the version before mine was really offensive and I changed it and wrote the reason for it but only after 5 days it was changed and even on the edit page, the user is offensive. I tried to contact the user about this issue but got no reply. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:NeoRetro) Today, I decided to write you because I am really frusturated about this issue and I can't surf on one of my favorite internet pages.
Have you tried to resolve this previously?
Tried to contract the user via "talk page" got no reply.
How do you think we can help?
By getting involved and making a final decision about the articles, If I am wrong about the articles that I have stated above I would like to know the reason, not just "Ughhhh, trying to mess up the page" and if am right, I would also like to know the reason of the users aggresive writings. Thanks for your time.
- ? I didn't change your edit, I undid deletions by 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168. So I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'm sorry if you feel offended by my irritation with fenerbahce "fans/trolls" who are making a mess of the Trabzonspor page.NeoRetro (talk) 17:14, 28 January 2014 (UTC)
We should talk about this on your talk page I think, remember I wrote to your talk page two months ago? Why are you answering now and on the administators page? It's a bit interesting don't you think? Since I've finally reached you I have some questions that I need to ask to you. So, sorry Bob but I have been waiting for this for two months. Those IP adresses that you've given erased my edit and you put back my version and made it more offensive. In your edit you stated that Fenerbahce "bought" 19 matches even before the courts gave their final verdict. Can you please tell me how is that possible? Do you even know the final verdict? Rivaner (talk) 19:13, 28 January 2014 (UTC)
I was at work when I wrote my questions, I go outside plenty and I only edited 6 to 7 articles. But this user knows something that even the courts don't and I would like to know how. He is openly saying people trolls and with no consequences even though his said edit shows otherwise...Rivaner (talk) 04:28, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
- Okay, let's approach this differently. Clearly we don't agree that there's a conflict, so let's figure out motives here.
- Without blaming anyone or accusing anyone, tell me what content in particular is important to you that you want to put into the article, or what content you are not wanting in the article. Bob the WikipediaN (talk • contribs) 12:28, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for your understanding, I already put my version back on the article. My problem was not with the article but with the user. If you just look at the article and see his/her version, it will be clear that who is "trying to mess up the page". You can't accuse people before the courts give the final verdict and I think you can't use words like "bought". He/She is the one being offensive and there must be some consequences. Please just look at what I wrote then look at his/her version. You will see what I mean and again thanks for your understanding and your time.Rivaner (talk) 16:15, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
Sorry for dragging you into this but after 3 months he/she finally answered my question on his/her talk page.We are, hopefully, going to continue our discussion there.Rivaner (talk) 18:05, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
- Glad to hear it. Also, please bear in mind no one is obligated to edit Wikipedia, so delayed responses aren't anything to get excited about. Perhaps this user was taking a break or busy with real life. Bob the WikipediaN (talk • contribs) 12:31, 30 January 2014 (UTC) Thanks for your response, he/she edited lots of articles after the said edit so I knew that he/she was entering wikipedia, just not looking to his/her talk page.Rivaner (talk) 12:46, 30 January 2014 (UTC)
We have an unregistered user (I.P. address 22.214.171.124) attempting to make substantial changes to the Evansville, Indiana page. In particular he or she is adding substantial amounts of pictures to the history summary, along with other detailed historical notes. My belief is that these substantial details belong on the history page dedicated to that subject and not in the summary section of the city's article. If you think I'm in error please let me know via the discussion of this issue on the Evansville talk page. Many thanks.--YHoshua (talk) 04:54, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
JSTOR Survey (and an update)
It would be really helpful for growing the program if you would fill out this short survey about your usage and experience with JSTOR:
Creating a page
I want to create a new article on a trumpet player named Jumaane Smith, but there doesn't seem to be that much information on him for me to write a substantial amount! either because not many people have noticed him or he simply hasn't revealed much. From his "résumé" of sorts on his site, he's done what many performers only dream of, and then some. Do you think this is enough notability for me to create an article on him?
Request for comment
Hello there, a proposal regarding pre-adminship review has been raised at Village pump by here is very much appreciated. Many thanks. Jim Carter through MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:46, 28 May 2014 (UTC). Your comments
Great American Wiknic 2014 - Southern Indiana
I'd like to invite you to add a Southern Indiana event for the Great American Wiknic. This year we're aiming to coalesce nationally around July 6, but any date that is convenient to your local community works as well. And don't be shy about putting something preliminary on the national Wiknic page, it all helps!--Pharos (talk) 17:00, 3 June 2014 (UTC)
Please fill out your JSTOR email
As one of the original 100 JSTOR account recipients, please fill out the very short email form you received just recently in order to renew your access. Even though you signed up before with WMF, we need you to sign up again with The Wikipedia Library for privacy reasons and because your prior access expired on July 15th. We do not have your email addresses now; we just used the Special:EmailUser feature, so if you didn't receive an email just contact me directly at jorlowitzgmail.com. Thanks, and we're working as quickly as possible to get you your new access! Jake (Ocaasi) 19:48, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that you've added some links pointing to disambiguation pages. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- Age of Empires
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Age of Empires: Castle Siege, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page MMO. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Acarnan, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Amphoterus. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
The Signpost: 15 April 2015
- Featured content: Au-delà des Alpes, la chienlit de Saint-Bernard. Sous les pavés, les trimes d'argent ! Mes enfants, suivez-moi !
- Traffic report: Furious domination