User talk:Bovlb/Archive 2012-10
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 The Signpost: 01 October 2012
- 2 The Signpost: 08 October 2012
- 3 You're invited! FemTech Edit-a-Thon at Claremont Graduate University
- 4 Disambiguation link notification for October 15
- 5 The Signpost: 15 October 2012
- 6 The Signpost: 22 October 2012
- 7 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 8 The Signpost: 29 October 2012
The Signpost: 01 October 2012
- Paid editing: Does Wikipedia Pay? The Founder: Jimmy Wales
- News and notes: Independent review of UK chapter governance; editor files motion against Wikitravel owners
- Technology report: WMF and the German chapter face up to Toolserver uncertainty
- WikiProject report: The Name's Bond... WikiProject James Bond
- Featured content: Mooned
The Signpost: 08 October 2012
- News and notes: Education Program faces community resistance
- Discussion report: Closing RfAs: Stewards or Bureaucrats?; Redesign of Help:Contents
- WikiProject report: Ten years and one million articles: WikiProject Biography
- Featured content: A dash of Arsenikk
You're invited! FemTech Edit-a-Thon at Claremont Graduate University
|October 26 - FemTech Edit-a-Thon & Roundtable - You are invited!
|Everyone is invited to the first FemTech Edit-a-Thon & Roundtable at Claremont Graduate University on October 26 from 3-6 pm. The event will open with a roundtable discussion about feminism and anti-racist technology projects, followed by an edit-a-thon focusing on feminists & women in science. Experienced Wikipedians will be on hand to support new editors. We hope you can join us!
Sign up here - see you there! 01:06, 12 October 2012 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Rohit Verma, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Big Boss (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
The Signpost: 15 October 2012
- News and notes: Chapters ask for big bucks
- In the media: Wikipedia's language nerds hit the front page
- WikiProject report: WikiProject Chemicals
- Featured content: Second star to the left
- Technology report: Wikidata is a go: well, almost
The Signpost: 22 October 2012
- Special report: Adminship from the German perspective
- News and notes: Wikimedians get serious about women in science
- Arbitration report: Malleus Fatuorum accused of circumventing topic ban; motion to change "net four votes" rule
- WikiProject report: Where in the world is Wikipedia?
- Featured content: Is RfA Kafkaesque?
- Discussion report: Good articles on the main page?; reforming dispute resolution
- Technology report: Wikivoyage migration: technical strategy announced
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
We are currently running a study on the effects of adding additional information to SuggestBot’s recommendations. Participation in the study is voluntary. Should you wish to not participate in the study, or have questions or concerns, you can find contact information in the consent information sheet.
We have added information about the readership and quality of the suggested articles using a Low/Medium/High scale. For readership the scale goes from Low to High , while for quality the scale goes from Low to High .
SuggestBot predicts that you will enjoy editing some of these articles. Have fun!
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly, your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
If you have feedback on how to make SuggestBot better, please let us know on SuggestBot's talk page. Regards from Nettrom (talk), SuggestBot's caretaker. -- SuggestBot (talk) 23:51, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
The Signpost: 29 October 2012
- News and notes: First chickens come home to roost for FDC funding applicants; WMF board discusses governance issues and scope of programs
- WikiProject report: In recognition of... WikiProject Military History
- Featured content: On the road again
- Technology report: Improved video support imminent and Wikidata.org live