User talk:Brian Swidal
Museum hacks and museum edits
- February 6–8: The third annual ArtBytes Hackathon at the Walters Art Museum! This year Wikimedia DC is partnering with the Walters for a hack-a-thon at the intersection of art and technology, and I would like to see Wikimedia well represented.
- February 11: The monthly WikiSalon, same place as usual. RSVP on Meetup or just show up!
- February 15: Wiki Loves Small Museums in Ocean City. Mary Mark Ockerbloom, with support from Wikimedia DC, will be leading a workshop at the Small Museum Association Conference on how they can contribute to Wikipedia. Tons of representatives from GLAM institutions will be present, and we are looking for volunteers. If you would like to help out, check out "Information for Volunteers".
I am also pleased to announce events for Wikimedia DC Black History Month with Howard University and NPR. Details on those events soon.
If you have any questions or have any requests, please email me at james.harewikimediadc.org.
See you there! – James Hare
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 03:12, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
Wikimedia DC celebrates Black History Month, and more!
Not even a week ago I sent out a message talking about upcoming events in DC. Guess what? There are more events coming up in February.
Now, I am very pleased to announce:
- Tuesday, February 17 from 10 AM to 3 PM there will be #WikiTurgy at the University of Maryland. Join fellow theatre enthusiasts for a “mass act of public dramaturgy!”
- Thursday, February 19 from 10 AM to 4 PM we are hosting the Howard University Black History Edit-a-Thon. We are working in partnership with the Moorland-Spingarn Research Center to improve Wikipedia’s coverage of African-American and African diasporic history.
- Tuesday, February 24 from 6 PM to 8 PM we have the Black History Month “First Edit” at NPR. Help improve Wikipedia and help others make their first edit to Wikipedia!
- Finally, our monthly dinner meetup is on Saturday, February 28.
There is going to be a lot going on, and I hope you can come to some of the events!
If you have any questions or need any special accommodations, please let me know.
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 18:20, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
Editing for Women's History in March
I am very excited to announce this month’s events, focused on Women’s History Month:
- Sunday, March 8: Women in the Arts 2015 Edit-a-thon – 10 AM to 4 PM
- Wednesday, March 11: March WikiSalon – 7 PM to 9 PM
- Friday, March 13: NIH Women's History Month Edit-a-Thon – 9 AM to 4 PM
- Saturday, March 21: Women in STEM Edit-a-Thon at DCPL – 12 PM
- Friday, March 27: She Blinded Me with Science, Part III – 10 AM to 4 PM
- Saturday, March 28: March Dinner Meetup – 6 PM
Hope you can make it to an event! If you have any questions or require any special accommodations, please let me know.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, remove your name from this list. 02:24, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
Upcoming attractions in DC
Here are some upcoming DC meetups in April and May:
- Tuesday, April 14: National Archives Hackathon on Wikipedia Space with American University – 2:30-5pm
- See the latest work on the Wikipedia Space exhibit in the new NARA Innovation Hub and brainstorm on new ideas for a public exhibit about Wikipedia
- Friday, April 17: Women in Tech Edit-a-thon with Tech LadyMafia – 5-9pm
- Team up with Tech LadyMafia to improve Wikipedia content on women in the history of technology.
- Saturday, April 25: April Dinner Meetup – 6 PM
- Dinner and drinks with your fellow Wikipedians!
- Friday, May 1: International Labour Day Edit-a-Thon – 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- An edit-a-thon at the University of Maryland
Hope to see you at these events! If you have any questions or require any special accommodations, please let me know.
To remove yourself from this mailing list, remove your name from this list. 22:16, 13 April 2015 (UTC)