Here are some useful tips to ease you into the Wikipedia experience:
- First, take a look at the Wikipedia Tutorial, and perhaps dabble a bit in the test area.
- When you have some free time, take a look at the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines. They can come in very handy!
- Learn about some of the Wikipedia landmarks by trying our Wikipedia scavenger hunt!
- If you need any help, feel free to post a question at the Help Desk
- Wikipedia has a vibrant community of editors. The village pump is a great place to see the goings on.
- Remember to use a neutral point of view!
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Also, here are some odds and ends that I find useful from time to time:
- Wikipedia:Cite your sources
- Wikipedia:Brilliant prose
- Wikipedia:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
Feel free to ask me anything the links and talk pages don't answer. You can most easily reach me by posting on my talk page.
You can sign your name on any page by typing 4 tildes, likes this: ~~~~.
Best of luck, and have fun!
ClockworkSoul 04:22, 20 November 2005 (UTC)
Look, I have no quarrel with you. Your contributions to the Coalition Provisional Authority talk page have not really brought to light anything we didn't already know. Except of course, your claim to have been one of Bremer's deputies and a summary of yourself.
,,,,Ariele 21:46, 26 November 2005 (UTC)
I didn't mean to edit on your user page. I realized yesterday what I had done but got busy with some new research. As for your comment "moving on", I have...I'm trying to learn more about spyware. For someone like me, that's moving pretty far.,,,,FYI: I was in Paris on vacation and just "love love love" the city and people there!,,,,Ariele 02:31, 28 November 2005 (UTC)
- Please excuse User:Puss'nPurpleBoots. She's just my sockpuppet who on occassion plays with other users she finds interesting or intriguing. We will eventually vanish from here so in the meantime, I'll try to restrain the the cat's playfullness (which apparently one unnamed Wiki "self-promoting" user with the first initial "G" does not find amusing).-Ariele 17:52, 21 February 2006 (UTC)