Question about VeblenBot
Does VeblenBot no longer maintain User:VeblenBot/C/Wikipedia good article reassessment? I couldn't find anything about it on its user page, and Bitcoin which I've put up for community review hasnt been added to the list yet. Bosstopher (talk) 14:01, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- I have been very inactive recently, and I cannot say that I am actively maintaining VeblenBot. At the same time, I have not made any changes, so I cannot say why it might have stopped. Fortunately, someone else has volunteered to maintain it (below).
- The main issue I have had is finding a new maintainer, for this bot and for another bot that I used to run. I have no objection to turning the bots over to someone else, but I am not able to work on them myself right now. — Carl (CBM · talk) 23:47, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
Editing on tools, operating Veblenbot
Hi CBM, as you probably know I've been active on peer review for some time, including remodelling it, reworking the instructions, creating the 'tools' page as documentation for other users, and fielding answers to regular questions. Would it be possible to:
- Give me editing permission on tools to VeblenBot
- Give me access to operate the bot.
I am a regular user, have 19,000+ edits, and have developed several GAs. You probably have seen me contributing to the peer review process. I'm not exactly sure how to operate a bot, however in my experience it is down relatively often, and usually when I am online. So if that was the case I could investigate the cause and turn the bot on. This is a rather important bot as two processes (GA and PR) both depend on it. Please consider my request and I am happy to answer any questions. --Tom (LT) (talk) 23:39, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- I would be glad to give you access. I do not have the ability to maintain the bot myself right now. I allowed it to run - it seemed hardhearted to just cut it off - but you will have to diagnose what the issue is. Perhaps it is due to some change with API.pm. What is your tools username? — Carl (CBM · talk) 23:47, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- CBM, I'm greatful for your prompt reply! On wikitech, I am Lt910001. Did I mention I'm very grateful for your attention :)? Does an account on wikitech mean I am able to access labs? I have some coding experience, but am not familiar with the organisation of Wikitech/Wikitools. --Tom (LT) (talk) 00:06, 25 June 2015 (UTC)
- I am not sure you have an account on the WMF tool labs. At least, I cannot add you to veblenbot. Please see https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Tool_Labs - for example, can you ssh to the login server for the labs? — Carl (CBM · talk) 00:28, 25 June 2015 (UTC)