- 1 Bad Girls Club (season 11)
- 2 Martin Luther
- 3 Generation Z
- 4 PC edit war 2
- 5 deletion of page adhrit arya
- 6 Major issue
- 7 Activision
- 8 Activision Blizzard
- 9 Powerline river crossings in the United Kingdom
- 10 Pending change protection of UFC 193
- 11 About prod at Soundcraftsmen (why I restored it, reverting you)
- 12 Request...
- 13 Please..
- 14 Feedback on my edit
- 15 need your help
- 16 Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
- 17 Kim Zolciak
- 18 Deleted Page
- 19 Oxytocin
- 20 10 years
- 21 Page move
- 22 Reconsidering a deleted article draft....
- 23 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 24 Thank you.
- George Ho. Best to see what happens November 3. Cool signature. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 04:26, 1 November 2015 (UTC)
Why did you lock the page till Nov. 11? This allows editors with privileges to edit while the rest can't. If editors are adding new information (that's not in dispute) then you should unlock it immediately. Please unlock the page. Thank you. 2606:6000:610A:9000:BD14:DEDA:EF05:DFC4 (talk) 15:41, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
(To avoid potentially wasted time here, this is the same editor whose 3RR-breaking at Millennials led to me making protection requests for both Millennials and Generation Z. They're on a dynamic IP.) --McGeddon (talk) 15:54, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
- 2606:6000:610A:9000:BD14:DEDA:EF05:DFC4 you were being reverted by more than one editor. Looks like dispute to me. Use the talk page and discuss it. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 16:27, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
PC edit war 2
Hi, I'm contacting you again, because I fear the edit war will just happen again. We have not reached any sort of concensus on the talk page, and I feel like it's gearing up for just another showdown. I looked at dispute resolution, and I think we need mediation more than dispute resolution. What is my interest in a break? I'd like to try to request comments on the talk page for issues other than the one we tried to request comments for and which no one cares about right now. I believe I'll win people over on the core issues. As of now it's mostly been between three people. Oh and please note that the current page has a lead I very much disagree with. The only thing currently "mine" is the fact that the 1990s section is in chronological order. --Mr. Magoo and McBarker (talk) 18:37, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
- Mr. Magoo and McBarker. I'll keep a eye on it until about 17:00 UTC. If I miss it you can get another admin to look. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 05:25, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, I posted about this to another admin, but I think he's away.
- Two very reasonable sources are being forcefully removed from the article. As I explained on the talk page:
- Two removals happened on sources which have been there for 25 days now:
- They do not state it began the debate about the term because the term wasn't used at the time of these reviews. But they state it began the academic debate about liberal education. Then this sentence is followed up by later quotes and sources which clarify that it began the debate about political correctness. The two critics Paglia and Atlas are very notable, and their view that it began the debate is hefty. --Mr. Magoo and McBarker (talk) 00:05, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
- The purpose for those two sources is well-defined. They are there sourcing that Bloom began the debate which was the Political Correctness debate but was only titled with that moniker a few years later. Could you undo the removal, as a person of authority? I think something that simple would solve it. --Mr. Magoo and McBarker (talk) 00:41, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
deletion of page adhrit arya
You shouldn't delete the page named adhrit Arya as he is an upcoming Indian novel writer. He is currently writing a novel 'The Unborn ADHANJ' which is based on true love story where everything happened in just an unpredictable manner that everyone will say it's amazing. It is a sad and very emotional love story.After launching of this novel everyone will want to know about him because this love story is actually inspired by his real life incidents. &lt;ref&gt;www.facebook.com/theunbornadhanj&lt;/ref&gt; — Preceding unsigned comment added by Adhrit4mpa.aa (talk • contribs) 05:28, 8 November 2015 (UTC)
- Until he has been published and is seen as WP:Notability he does not qualify. Not everybody that is writing a book is notable. He may take years to get the book published. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 05:33, 8 November 2015 (UTC)
I was about to edit a Brazilian telenovela page and I met a problem that may need administrative attention. I tried to solve the problem but I bore no fruits. The page is Lado a Lado. It seems to carry another page of List of telenovelas of Rede Globo making it to long and totally vandalized. I checked the view history and it seems the one who vandalized never logged in and it is nearly 2 yrs now. Please could you help fix the problem. Nyanchoka : talk 2 me 22:56, 8 November 2015 (UTC)
- Nyanchoka. Got it. Back in October 6 this edit was made. They forgot the word "Template:". It was followed by the bot, here, so the entire list was included in several pages. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 23:54, 8 November 2015 (UTC)
- I also removed this as it caused that to appear at the bottom of the page. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 23:57, 8 November 2015 (UTC)
- George Ho. I see that it is still being hit so I extended it for a month. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 09:54, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
Sky full of fireworks,
- George Ho. That one looks like it might be OK for a while. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 10:03, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
- Andy Dingley. No problem. Restored. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 12:09, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for protecting the page. Pending changes is what I had in mind when I said "semi-protected". It was my first time requesting protection, so hopefully I won't make that error again. Thanks, AtHomeIn神戸 (talk) 13:06, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
- Athomeinkobe No problem. That doesn't count as an error really. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 22:14, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
About prod at Soundcraftsmen (why I restored it, reverting you)
I restored it, per WP:DEPROD: removed prods should not be restored BUT "This excludes removals that are clearly not an objection to deletion, such as page blanking, mass removals or obvious vandalism; additionally, tags removed by banned users may also be restored." In this case, there's a consensus on anon's talk page that his was WP:POINT anti-prod vandalism; he has used more than one IP address for that - it's clear this is not AGF deprodding, but someone disrupting the project. --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| reply here 05:04, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
- Piotrus. OK. I'm not going to remove again but I won't delete it either. I notice that the PRROD was restored November 6 but the policy was not changed till November 7. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 07:47, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
- Interesting, I didn't realize the policy was changed recently, but it seems like a reaction to this new variety of vandalism. Certainly you don't have to delete it, there are others who'll get to it soon, I am sure, but in general, my view is that we should not let vandals game the system - and get away with it. --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| reply here 03:22, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
Please protect GoAnimate article as gold lock full protection for infinite cascading protection as the admins will only edit it. Thank you for concern. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 07:35, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
- I don't see any reason to. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 07:47, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
"I don't see any reason to. CambridgeBayWeather"
Any admins like DreadedWalrus and Delano may be inactive.
Correct your grammar please! We beg you to permanently lock and protect GoAnimate with indefinitely gold lock protection to GoAnimate article as admins will edit it. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 08:17, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
- Not unless you give me a valid reason. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 08:21, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
Feedback on my edit
Hello, I recently reverted some edits on Lavabit similar to the spam links on ProtonMail, which you recently protected due to these. My reversion was unreverted by the IP who has originally made the edits, claiming that I 'keep deleting factual information". However, the exact same edits by different IPs on this and other pages (like Hushmail, ProtonMail) were quickly reneged by other editors. The diff is ]. Could you please look at this and tell me if I made a mistake? Thanks, BlAcKhAt9(9 (talk) 01:40, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
- Blackhat99. It looks fine to remove it. Sorry I missed this earlier. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 16:49, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
- Blackhat999. Whoops got your name wrong the first time. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 16:53, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for looking at it. BTW the IP making the edits emailed Jimmy Wales about it and CC'd me on it. He/she says (in red text, no less) that I repeatedly remove information about ProtonMail competitors so far as to suggest that I might be part of a Lavabit-Protonmail collusion agreement as I 'continue deleting factual information'. I hardly every revert edits and do not believe that there is sufficient cause to make these allegations. As an experienced admin, how do you think I should respond to this? Thanks, BlAcKhAt9(9 (talk) 21:11, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
- Good advice. I have a public email for Wikipedia so I don't have any problems with that, but beyond providing a description of my edit, which the IP requested, I probably shouldn't waste my time with this. Better to make edits that long, argumentative emails. BlAcKhAt9(9 (talk) 21:59, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
need your help
We are new to Wikipedia and need your help. Recently . I had edited and added some references about an film but yesterday article named prem rathan dhan payo an Hindi film you made it as semi protected and our website reference removed by some one.
Will you help me to add this link to prem ratan dhan payo article.
This film is released on 12th november 2015.
- Mbsibin. Given that you are blocked for spamming I don't think I'll add the link. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 16:52, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
- Rescued the page, please take care of the page hereafter.Rajeshbieee (talk) 06:10, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
I do not understand why you locked Kim Zolciak. So Tenebrae is superior and can get the page lock. Why not discuss? My edits have sources and I explained why they needed to have the information. I disagree with the lock of the page. 126.96.36.199 (talk) I read the request for page lock. I am being accused of having an axe to grind. I think this is ludicrous that one can make accusations and based on that the page is locked. I would like for you to look. The edits I made were sourced. I added specific information while before my edits the page was general. For example, as I stated in my edit summaries the house being bought/rented was a plot line of the show and in the media as Kim gave interviews saying she was being slandered; she threatened to sue Kendra Davis for defamation. I do not know what is meant about Kim being an alumnus as it is not known what trade school/technical school/college/university she attended. Thank you for reconsideration. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:22, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
- Because you were adding WP:BLP material. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 09:29, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
All that I added was sourced. What violated BLP. Tenebrae does not like that I put in the rented house and her kids having different fathers but this is factual and sourced. Tenebra accused me of haivng axe to grind, says I know Kim and do not like her. I think Tenebrae knows Kim and is trying to whitewash the article. I ask that you reconsider. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 15:30, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
I asked for unblock and you did not reply. Why? I will re add my edits to Kim ZOlciak. THey are sourced. I think Tenebrae will have an issue. I feel there is a connection as why remove those true and sourced facts? Tenebrae said I have an axe to grind or do not like her but I wonder if there is a connection between them to? Please advise me as though I feel you were wrong and bias, life is short and this is just wikipedia. I like it , want to continue to contribute, and want to be an excellent helpful contributor. Thank You. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:57, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- I did reply. Another admin declined to unlock the page. Have you tried discussing on the talk page? CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 05:18, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
YOU were the one who blocked the page. I wanted you to look at the edits. I saw that Tenebrae wrote to you to block the page saying I had an axe to grind. The negativity in her life is her own doing and so long as it is factual and cited it should stand, is this a wrong thought? I am returning to edit and I hope you will be there. Also, tenebrae is reverting all other's edits, please remind it that no one owns wikipedia. Lastly, how does one open a consensus review about wpblp? I am having an issue over the word 'may'. Thank You. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:59, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
- CambridgeBayWeather - I saw the post to your talk page on my watchlist - The WP:BLPNAME and WP:CONSENSUS questions have already been explained to IP 173 at their talk page, as well as at Talk:Michael Ealy. Seven established editors have reverted the IPs 8 attempted variations on an addition (including the last four attempts that were done in under a 24 hour period). Consensus is clear, they just refuse or are unable to acknowledge it. --- Barek (talk • contribs) - 03:36, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
Cambridge, more bull. There was no consenus ever reached. this is why I am asking how /where does one go for the senior people here to decide that. We have a difference of opinion, but somehow that means my edit does not stand? Barek has explained NOTHING. When I tried to ask the reply was 'go ahead and delete this' ..sounded immature. On the talk page I asked and instead of an answer I was redacted. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:23, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi CambridgeBayWeather I'm writing to find out why you suggested for Ed Blaze page to be deleted?
- BerginWatch. I didn't suggest it for deletion. Someone else did and I reviewed it and it didn't look as if he was notable. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 09:32, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
- There has not been a lot of IP edits so I would wait and see what happens in a few days. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 09:35, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
Tomorrow will be a decade since I made My first edit. I haven't has much a chance to do much since I was unblocked, but I felt is was worth mentioning that I'll go into this milestone editing with My name. Where has time gone? Eddie 00:50, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
- EddieSegoura. Congratulations. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 01:28, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
- I Always wondered did You choose Your username because You were into meteorology? Eddie 20:41, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
- EddieSegoura. Yes I did. I've been a weather observer/communicator since 1978 in both Ulukhaktok and Cambridge Bay. Mainly I worked for the Hamlets (town councils) but now I work for ATS Services. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 05:22, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Could you please help me move the page Cuando me enamoro to Cuand me enamoro (telenovela) in order to avoid the confusion that arises from another page, Cuando Me Enamoro (which is an album from Enrique Iglesias. Thank you.- Nyanchoka : talk 2 me 11:43, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
- Nyanchoka. I missed the o in Cuando the first time but I think I got it. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 12:17, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
Reconsidering a deleted article draft....
Hello, CambridgeBayWeather. I just tapped into Wikipedia's "help line" for this issue, where the responder (Stabila711) ID'd you as the deleting administrator concerning and suggested I inquire of you about an article I drafted for a friend of mine's company -- Virtium (see Draft: Virtium Memory and Storage Solutions). I'm compelled to rebut the reasons for its deletion. I used several existing Wikipedia articles as the basis (even template) of what was submitted. The reviewers' explanation of its lacking notability is, quite, frankly perplexing, considering those articles I consulted had similar, if not lesser, citations to support notability, and they were mostly all from the same industry as Virtium (technology). I understand that a company isn't notable simply by being a company, so I went to great pains to point out what distinguishes it from other concerns, while supporting it with an array of written, third-party articles about it. For the life of me, I can't understand why this particular article is singled out that way when so many others of similar content were approved.
So, please consider the above and reconsider the deletion. I'm not asking for advice on how to make the article suitable for acceptance; i'm asking that you compare it to other existing articles.
- JerrySteach. I have restored it to User talk:JerrySteach\Virtium Memory and Storage Solutions where you can work on it. Hope that is fine. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 05:18, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Hello again, CambridgeBayWeather. Thank you for the prompt reply and for restoring the article draft in question. Question: Am I supposed to see the the most-recent draft of the article via that link above ("User talk:.....")? It appears to be a non-link. Also, regarding my question the original reviewers' comment about notability -- do you see what I mean about it being inexplicable, especially relative to existing Wikipedia articles?
- JerrySteach. It was at the link above but it got moved to Draft:Virtium Memory and Storage Solutions. CambridgeBayWeather, Uqaqtuq (talk), Sunasuttuq 13:04, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:04, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
I trust the editors/reviewers now will appreciate that the draft (Virtium) has met Wikipedia requirements of notability and balance.