This place is a thankless time sink.
This user is no longer very active on Wikipedia.
Please leave a message; I'll reply here.
Cassianto, the right way to make indented comments in numbered lists is to begin with a hash and follow with colons, like this:
- # first numbered item
- #: inserted comment
- # second numbered item
- first numbered item
- inserted comment
- second numbered item
When you just use colons, as you've been doing at the last two or three RfAs, you break the numbering. --Stfg (talk) 08:24, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
- Many thanks Stfg, I never was very technical. CassiantoTalk 08:25, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
An award for you!
||The "I'm not an odious twat, I'm a true British gent" Award of Excellence
|'Bout time you deserved a barnstar for your outstanding civility displayed towards Chillum and Rationalobserver of late, two editors whom the "Cult of Corbett" may raise eyebrows at. Here's to your health sir and for being one of the least odious chaps around here at the moment and telling it how it is. At least you're honest and know a real odious twat when you see one! ♦ Dr. Blofeld 20:52, 23 September 2015 (UTC)
- LoL, cheers Doc! CassiantoTalk 17:34, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
- HAHA, well that's one I'm sure which hasn't been given before ;-) Now I must get back to my writing, being an elite wikipedia editor, one of the site's best content contributors of course. Of course we both brag about that all the time, right? ;-) There was me thinking I was a humble volunteer dedicating my free time to a good cause. Ah well.♦ Dr. Blofeld 17:50, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
More to the point, I think you need this one:
Congratulations! For creative use of very bad language and fierce defense of what is right and just, regardless of personal cost, you have received a pony! Ponies are cute, intelligent, cuddly, friendly (most of the time, though with notable exceptions), promote good will, encourage patience, and enjoy carrots. Treat your pony with respect and he will be your faithful friend! Montanabw(talk) 21:32, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
To send a pony or a treat to other wonderful and responsible editors, click here.
- You do realise that in Welsh "cas y Ianto" means "the nasty Johnny", don't you? (.. or maybe that's just a load of old pony?) Martinevans123 (talk) 21:58, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
- Haha, thanks to both. How apt my user name means "the nasty". Some would say this was picked deliberately; I assure you it wasn't :) CassiantoTalk 17:48, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- If you ever cross the border into Wales you might just catch the Welsh Open B-boy Championships: some say this is nasty, but I say it's well sick, innit. Martinevans123 (talk) 18:29, 25 September 2015 (UTC) (hope you like a bit of caveman fish)
Your warning to me
Did you notice that I added two WP:RS to an article, and then two editors(including an Admin) blanked that section, because they didn't like what the RS actually said? Surely that is not proper Wikipedia procedure? Nicholas Griggs (talk) 05:17, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- My concerns are not with the content of the edits, it's with the warring. Sort the content dispute out on Butterworth's talk page. CassiantoTalk 05:55, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
That had nothing to do with whether I liked it or not, I'm merley enforcing WP:POLEMIC . KoshVorlon 17:28, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- Well don't. CassiantoTalk 17:32, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- Doesn't work that way, it's policy, it gets enforced. KoshVorlon 17:41, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- And who are you to enforce it? CassiantoTalk 17:43, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- No one in particular, however anyone can enforce Policy, not just sysops. KoshVorlon 18:27, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- There was no breach in policy, which makes your "enforcement" all the more laughable. CassiantoTalk 18:33, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- WP:POLEMIC is not policy nor does it apply here. Please let it go. - 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:38, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
Hiya Cass, replying to this here. "lovely to see you back for another season" - haha well put, that's exactly what I do isn't it? Appear for a season and then go off again. I like to keep a low [as possible] profile these days which is why I'm not announcing a return or anything (plus I have no idea how long it will last, I'm sure I'll need a break again!) But yes, HELLO! Things are good with me, hope they are with you and the family too. --Loeba (talk) 19:01, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
- Ha, you do come and go as you please, but it makes perfect sense. I haven't been very active on here all that much recently; I did start this, but I've dried up and lost my enthusiasm a little bit owing to the politics which govern the encyclopaedia. All is good my end. We are moving in the new year so I'm just getting everything ready for that which will should prove to be very stressful! I took a read of Emma Thompson the other day and I enjoyed it a lot. She's a wonderful actress, although she's a little too left for my liking. Nanny McPhee is certainly no stranger in my house. CassiantoTalk 19:26, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
- Ah thanks re Emma. Although I was also looking at it the other day and thinking it needs some polish! It will do though, I just wanted her to have decent coverage. Her leftiness is part of why I love her haha; you'll notice that's a theme with all my projects actually. I think she's just as delighted as I am with the recent promotion of someone who's been my MP my whole life! Exciting stuff (but nevermind if we have different views). To go from real politics to wikipolitics: the behind-the-scenes stuff here is pretty ridiculous - the only option is to ignore it IMO. I also highly recommend clearing your watchlist and only adding back a select few pages! That has definitely made it easier for me to edit and not get frustrated/feel resentment. Otherwise it's just drama and distractions everywhere. Good luck with the move! --Loeba (talk) 20:47, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks. I see good luck is also in order for your new job at the BFI. Tell me, do they ever play any Ealing films there? I'd also be interested to hear of your favourite, if you have one. CassiantoTalk 07:29, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
- They actually played Hue and Cry on one of the days I worked there in August. And I remember them doing a big restoration/re-release of It Always Rains on Sunday, which I watched recently and thought was excellent; one of their best. But my favourite is Kind Hearts and Coronets. There's a channel called "London Live" that always shows Ealing films (mostly obscure ones), do you have it? --Loeba (talk) 08:38, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, I have it. My better half appears in the Pineapple Studios series quite often when she was a dancer, so it's pretty much on all the time in our house (and before some wag comments, no, it's not Louie Spence). Kind Hearts and Coronets is particularly wonderful; it usually features in the top spot in most people's top five. They also play the rarer films too; I watched The Goose Steps Out two days ago which was a complete joy. My own personal favourite would have to be The Lavender Hill Mob, followed closely by Champagne Charlie, which is one of their rarer ones. I've just found their website so I'm going to make the effort and get up there to watch a screening, once the move is out of the way. CassiantoTalk 15:03, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
A peer review, if you have time...
(and inclination, of course). Can I interest you in Streatham's leading non-Irish Irish composer, who is now at PR? All comments gladly received if you're disposed to look in. (Quite understand if you're not, naturally. I know how busy you are.) – Tim riley talk 18:48, 4 October 2015 (UTC)
Hello there! I hope you're not busy as I would like to ask you for a favor. When/if you have some time, please have a look at Sonam Kapoor and see if you can give it a copy-edit. Thanks for your time and sorry for bothering you. -- Frankie talk 21:08, 8 October 2015 (UTC) Frankie talk 21:08, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
- I'd like to help out, but my enthusiasm is at an all time low at the moment. CassiantoTalk 21:25, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
- Of course I am not forcing it on you. Even if you don't want to help, I am completely okay with it. Thanks for replying and on a side note I know that this place sucks. -- Frankie talk 21:50, 8 October 2015 (UTC)